What's new

Let’s talk Tanifuji

It is a pretty razor, unfortunately not mine. Just borrowed the pics.
Honestly you cant go wrong with any Japanese razor.

Just had shave #2 with this razor,, too easy silky smooth, one pass shave, I do need to send out for professional tightening pivot pin, it’s tight but like little more snug
Will lightly re tap see if that helps but shave flawless
The edge from my vendor is so marvelous including his service and other authentic products and his friendship[emoji3]

Question ,, this silver steel does not feel or act like carbon steel, seems water just slashes off and seems more resistant to rust, easy to wipe off
Blade

Do any of you own silver steel razors?
Need to learn more on Japanese razors and their steels as I’m sure now I will be collecting learning and certainly using them
[emoji2100]

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I have a few Silver Steel razors, Tanifuji and 4 or so made by Perfectworks which I really like. The water behavior is likely just the finish, or there may be some oil or wax on the blade.

3rd shave coming up today[emoji3]
proxy.php

Okay, there is no silver in silver steel. It is common tool steel, like O1. Typically, carbon steel razors are O1 tool steel. Silver steel is a marketing term for blades with a shiny or mirror finish.

Greetings [emoji3]
I’m new so take everything with a grain of salt[emoji3587]
All I know is how this razor shaves is simply marvelous,, been shaving with new TI razor C135 carbon, smooth Polsiver type, buttter, Jnat edges, amazing but when this razor touch my face , I am still amazed and extremely astonished how this samurai razor performs, not only in grip and razor size and steel on blade
Ohh forgot to mention that the edge placed on this razor, was performed by master bladesman, got to give , him credit, but razor and marvelous edge on samurai razor, = bliss[emoji3][emoji184]

Razor did not come with no trace of oil on it, seems it does not like it kinda,, feels more towards ss more than carbon, no singing blade here just a samurai master experience , silent deadly and effective.
First used my TI razor was new ,3 cuts
This razor feels extension of me, but I respect razor.
Seems it only will slice hairs and no danger of cuts, but being careful
This thread been quiet, but loving all info on these gems and razors

Again I’m new, but found this info on blade steels
It mentions silver steel, I think?

Love to see you guys collections of your samurai razors[emoji3]🪒
Thx

Boy this thread been quiet
Arriving soon maybe today for some TLC love and restoration
Could not resist
proxy.php

proxy.php

Was that a recent listing? - that ruler looks familiar, if that is the site I am thinking of, I check there pretty often and don’t remember seeing this fellow. And I’m pretty sure I would remember it if I saw it! :) Nice razor!

She arrived, initial brief check better shape than I expected
Still inspecting wiping her up
Clean out soap from scales and very little hone wear if any, seems someone just shaved 1-2 times them box her up
Appears there an edge but gonna hone her up upon cleaning
Few pics, this will be my first restore or may send this one out for special care
First pic in called
My TI is now jealous [emoji3]
But story will be if she shaves well rather than looks[emoji28]
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I think you outbid me for that one. Love the blue scales.
Congratulations!

Thanks! I lose more than I win, but that is probably best for my wallet! :) This is my first Fixed Four type game, and at this point in the month everyone is talking about what the first thing is they are going to switch to come April. The Tanifuji is at the top of my list.

Back from beauty salon
Back side blade super clean, was initially worried bout backside bevel area near toe but mothers took it all away
Face needs some work, minor pitting/ stains but no active rust
Working on face toe area, tomorrow but over all good condition

Question will be how she hone up
Possible chip toe area but not sure
Working on scales tomorrow
First bay restore project
proxy.php

proxy.php

35 CAPE, Swedish Steel, Cape Razor, Particular Hollow Ground,
(Meiji centenary model, made around 1968,
→ see Japanese markings, kanji, symbols → “Meiji centenary
proxy.php

Spa treatment/ rub run rub a dub[emoji3]
Few more hours at spa then trip to blade to stones to hone up later today
She’s looking pretty already but test will be can she be pretty and marvelous shave at same time
Can you experts update me on Particular Hollow Ground, on these models
Cheers all
proxy.php

Top Bottom