What's new

Does anybody still use the 3Ts, Castle Forbes or Nancy Boy?

Nancy Boy doesn't have a long shelf life. That is why I gave it up. I had a travel size in an away bag that I forgot about and it completely dried up.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Nancy Boy doesn't have a long shelf life. That is why I gave it up. I had a travel size in an away bag that I forgot about and it completely dried up.
Storage problem. Mine is six years old and still as fresh as the day I bought it, regular size.

TOBS cream is high quality, never tried their soap. However, with how many good products there are on the market, it's only natural that some things are just going to fall by the wayside. Artisan soaps are very popular now, and people tend to get good value soaps when buying from bigger brands (Tabac, Proraso).

So, what is the scent of Nancy Boy signature like?
Lavender, rosemary, and peppermint, all essential oils. The balance is good: not too pepperminty, and with a good herbal presence from the rosemary. The combination is very refreshing. The peppermint oil also gives a slight cooling effect. All in all, I love the fragrance and performance.

I still have and use TOBS Jermyn St. cream and TOBS Luxury Herbal aftershave cream. And, the Jermyn St. cream is one of the items I pick to give to folks just starting their wet shaving journey; it's tried and true, easy to lather, and dependable. That being said, the time that the 3Ts were amongst the best stuff software available, which led to their dominance, has surely passed.

linty1

My wallet cries.
I remember Nancy Boy! For some reason I wanted to try one, and they wouldn't ship just one tub (I forget why exactly, but no worries) and a friendly b&b'er here helped me buy one and ship it to me. I was wonderful, had a nice cucumber scent, a shave cream it was. I wish I still had some. Thank you for the reminder, I will revisit and see what they are up to. (I don't mean to hijack this thread, but on the topic of reminicing, I miss Queen Charlotte shave soaps).

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I've gone from all creams to all soaps, for reasons that are beyond my understanding. But if I were to use a cream it would certainly be Castle Forbes Lavender or Lime. Wonderful product, and like most expensive stuff requires less product than most (rendering it considerably less expensive than it appears at first blush).

The 3t's are nothing special. I have Trumper's Lime cream and it is a mediocre performer at best. It is kind of a feminine scent and the only reason I won't get rid of is because is smells like a scent/perfume my Mom used, maybe not the best scent for a man to use. Ditto on TOBS, had a hard puck of sensitive and couldn't lather it, had a tub of Mr Taylor's creams and the scent is nice but again the performance for was not that great, gave to a guy at work, I kept the cologne. And again ditto on T&H, lime is a great scent(real lime scent to me) but again performance is not that great. Now Castle Forbes on the other hand I like. I had the Sandalwood and Cedarwood scent and the scent was good but gave it to my friend since he liked it better and then bought 1445 and like that scent.

I guess I can't say as if I heard of Nancy Boy.

Big fan of TOBS but T&H, though they smell great, and far too weak. I can barely smell it even when the lather is on my face. Every other cream/soap I use I get whiffs of scent throughout the day (which I love), but absolutely nothing from T&H.

I love my CF Lime (same tub I've been using since 2010), but it's a little hard to recommend to people because of the price. It's probably the best lime I've ever smelled, and it performs great, but CF is just so expensive that people just get sticker shock, even though it's a pretty big tub that'll last quite a while. You gents have inspired me to pick up a tub of 1445, though...1445 is my favorite EdP bar none, and I'm really overdue for picking up a jar of the cream.

I have picked up some TOBS cream not too long ago -- a jar of Rose and a jar of Mr. Taylor's -- and they seem to be as good as they ever were. My guess would be that people just aren't as interested in creams as they were ten or fifteen years ago...nowadays, people mainly seem to go for tallow soaps & croaps, especially artisan ones.

So, what is the scent of Nancy Boy signature like?
It’s a great cream but virtually impossible to get outside of the USA. You must buy direct from the manufacturer and they do not ship overseas. I got a sample from Shavedash which was great but was unable to buy the full tub from Nancy Boy.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
It’s a great cream but virtually impossible to get outside of the USA. You must buy direct from the manufacturer and they do not ship overseas. I got a sample from Shavedash which was great but was unable to buy the full tub from Nancy Boy.
If anyone would like I can pick some up and ship it overseas for them. Provided they let me take one sample shave!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I’ve been using trumpers, drh, castle Forbes, and TOBS for the past month exclusively. Are they the absolute slickest? No. But they scents are great, and they are slick enough if you have a good razor and blade combo and know how to dial in a lather. I’ve been shaving two passes daily with a Leresche 51, Gibbs adjustable, and a razorock mamba 70 using these creams and getting great results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom