What's new

They Don’t Understand

To be honest, IF I wanted to dramatically shorten the time it takes me to shave then switching to canned goo would be the way that I would do it.
I've used Barbasol, Foamy, and Proraso foams with my DEs before and they work fine. I currently use Gillette Pure cream or KMF lavender cream hand-lathered, which also works fine. I've discovered that if I use a brush too many days in a row, especially during winter, it beats my face up a bit.

I absolutely cannot understand why some people feel the need to be somehow validated by other people over how they shave. I also cannot understand why some people evidently feel some sort of need to "convert" people to their way of shaving.

Some people want to grow a beard like Billy Gibbons. Maybe other people want to stick their face in a belt sander. Care factor zero. They have their face, and I have mine.
I dunno, I like sharing my interests with other people in my life and them sharing their interests with me. Some people are more receptive to old school shaving than others. I have talked to some guys about it but I don't hound them about it. My son in law showed an interest so I got him some DE gear for Christmas. I haven't talked to him since so I don't even know if he tried it or not. If he decides he doesn't like it I am fine with that. If he wants advice and tips for better shaving I am fine with that. If he wants to try other razors I have several lying around he can have.

You need a few more brushes to balance everything out :lol: . That's one impressive shave den!!!
I've used Barbasol, Foamy, and Proraso foams with my DEs before and they work fine. I currently use Gillette Pure cream or KMF lavender cream hand-lathered, which also works fine. I've discovered that if I use a brush too many days in a row, especially during winter, it beats my face up a bit.
Yes the DE with a canned foam that’s thoroughly rubbed into the beard works well. Easier cleanup too. Convenient.

To be honest, IF I wanted to dramatically shorten the time it takes me to shave then switching to canned goo would be the way that I would do it.
There are times that I love using canned Barbasol or Gillette Foamy for variety.... it’s a nice feeling to not have any brush to deal with. It does save time.

There are times that I love using canned Barbasol or Gillette Foamy for variety.... it’s a nice feeling to not have any brush to deal with. It does save time.

I do keep a can of Barbasol Extra Moisturizing in my collection of soaps. However, the propellants used in the canned foams and gels tend to dry out my skin and cause irritation. The reason I keep the Extra Moisturizing is that it dries my skin out less than any other canned product.

Who here has relatives or friends who cannot understand your interest in this hobby? I have a close friend who is a great guy but he is baffled by my interest in wet shaving. He thinks that using a de razor is archaic and silly. And dangerous too. We have a back and forth argument about it. He thinks that cartridges are superior but I often tell him that I’m saving so much money in the long run... with the cheap price of blades. Also I share with him how using a brush with a good quality soap or cream is an awesome experience. Unfortunately he still doesn’t get it...🤨🤨🧐

I do this for me. I couldn’t care any less about what anyone thinks.

For me it’s very simple. I’m an extraordinarily handsome man, and wet shaving affords that opportunity to spend more time in front of the mirror, admiring myself. Every shave is like Christmas morning. As I slowly unwrap my face with every stroke of the blade, revealing the wondrous gift that God has bestowed.

Im usually a three to four pass shaver, so every morning is more like 3 Christmases to be honest.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
While I do not agree with anyone saying that traditional shaving would be dangerous, they still got some point about us being crazy :letterk1:. Even though I am out of the rabbit hole I still hang here. I wonder why?:eek2:
I 'hang here' and enjoy this site because it might be the only place left on the internet where every topic isn't made a political issue. I cherish that about B&B.

I do keep a can of Barbasol Extra Moisturizing in my collection of soaps. However, the propellants used in the canned foams and gels tend to dry out my skin and cause irritation. The reason I keep the Extra Moisturizing is that it dries my skin out less than any other canned product.
👍👍👍
Canned cream works very well if it’s thoroughly rubbed into the beard prior to shaving.

The only person other than Mrs. Rookie I've ever really talked to about shaving since leaving the Army was a buddy once. I used his bathroom and noticed an old WWII Gillette, brush, and bowl with Williams. It was his grandfather's setup and his Sunday morning shave.

For him, it wasn't hobby as much as holding onto the past. It didn't take long to realize he never went beyond the grocery store. So I got him an Amazon sample pack.

Mrs. Rookie is more concerned about the motorcycle than my shaving habits or hobbies.I smell and feel much better, and it's hard for her to be upset her man is slowly stockpiling scented soaps. Or looking forward to going antique store hunting.

Feather-Artist-Club-Japanese-Razor-Shave-Nation~2.jpg

For me this is the most interesting, and it only shaves the beard without damaging the skin.
People who don't understand thought I was killing myself.

Top Bottom