What's new

What was your carry today?

64E8EBCF-151C-44C1-B390-AF465FCC7BF8.jpeg

Kimber Micro 9. Ritchie Leather CQ-QR holster.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Went out to play in the snow aka run some errands. Wearing a long sleeve T today so the STI went in a Long's Shadow IWB at the 4 o'clock. Surprisingly comfortable!

Here lately I just can’t stop packing my little j-frame. It’s crazy because it’s far from the most suitable weapon I have, but it’s just so easy to carry. Light and unobtrusive.

EBBEA6E8-3636-4DDF-B9DE-01833102823E.jpeg

I had to modify my crimson trace grips a bit because I had to contort my grip to activate the laser. Crazy thing is, the modification makes it a way better fit and I think reduces the perceived recoil a bit. I love my little revolver even if I never really intended it to be anything but my snake gun.

Im wearing it at my 11 o’clock. Cross draw.

Here lately I just can’t stop packing my little j-frame. It’s crazy because it’s far from the most suitable weapon I have, but it’s just so easy to carry. Light and unobtrusive.

View attachment 1223171

I had to modify my crimson trace grips a bit because I had to contort my grip to activate the laser. Crazy thing is, the modification makes it a way better fit and I think reduces the perceived recoil a bit. I love my little revolver even if I never really intended it to be anything but my snake gun.

Im wearing it at my 11 o’clock. Cross draw.
Yup. 642 in my coat pocket when out and about these days...

Yep, that’s it. I have rolls of that stuff laying around but never thought about using like that. I’m gonna have to try it.
It works great. I mean if you‘re into function over form. I wrapped my cars gearshift with it too! Love it! no slipping and a super sure grip. Remarkably, it hasn’t even started to smell. I thought it would which would be fine, I mean just rewrap it right, but yeah no, no worries.

Well, I finally went through this thread - all 41 pages of it. I enjoyed reading the posts. Here are some observations.
  1. You guys sure carry a variety of handguns. I carried a G19 until recently when I bought a G43X. I had a number of other handguns that I used - just did not carry them regularly. Now I just carry the G43X. I bought a S&W J frame back in 2007 and tried carrying that for a while. I probably would have carried that more if I had the hammerless model.
  2. @Acmemfg has the most incredible collection of holsters I have ever seen. Makes me green with envy!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Well, I finally went through this thread - all 41 pages of it. I enjoyed reading the posts. Here are some observations.
  1. You guys sure carry a variety of handguns. I carried a G19 until recently when I bought a G43X. I had a number of other handguns that I used - just did not carry them regularly. Now I just carry the G43X. I bought a S&W J frame back in 2007 and tried carrying that for a while. I probably would have carried that more if I had the hammerless model.
  2. @Acmemfg has the most incredible collection of holsters I have ever seen. Makes me green with envy!

+1 on both points Jim. I think you and I own more models of Glock then the average guy would. I haven’t touched my G19 or G23 since I retired.

The 43X is just such a joy to carry, I don’t even know it’s there. :).

What holster are you carrying your G43X in?

My original holster is from Don Hume.

Don Hume 1.jpgdon Hume 2.jpg

The one my wife bought me was from Falco.

Falco.jpg

My wife and I went to a local range and I was asking the salesperson about a holster that would be versatile enough for both everyday carry and when I was in the car. She listened carefully to my conversation and then did some research and found this one. She ordered it in October and I was supposed to get it for Christmas. Instead, it arrived in late January and my wife hid it and gave it to me a few days ago.

It's funny but when I first met her she did not like guns. About six months ago she expressed an interest in learning to shoot and now she is the beginning of a gun enthusiast. However, she does not like the IWB holsters I have saying they "ruin" my trousers and in her words "look ugly!"

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Not leaving the house today and today is the last of my 2 weeks of vacation. So we all know what that means.... All morning sharpening knives, cleaning weapons, polishing boots, and charging flashlight batteries.
I also cleaned out my daily carry bag and my multiple day/away/vacation bag.
My wife calls them my man purses.
I correct her everytime and explain they are tactical man purses; darling.
She’s out shopping with her mom and her dad has been asleep since they left.
So all in all it’s been a fun morning.

Top Bottom