What's new

Old Man Rant

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Feel free to add to this list....

I'm not a particularly religious person but I have been compelling a list of behaviors that would result in more time spent in purgatory before entering paradise. These are offences that are minor, and in many cases may be unintentional, would probably not land the person in the Bad Place, but still, one needs to reconcile them to pass on.
  • Not returning shopping carts and leaving them loose in the parking lot.
  • While driving, stopping to allow a person to make a right turn while holding up a half a dozen cars behind. Longer penance if it prevents those people behind from getting through a green light.
  • After waiting in a long checkout line with people behind, waiting until the cashier tallies up the total to decide that's the best time to pull out the wallet to determine how to pay.
  • Golfers - people who don't replace divots or fix ball marks.
I could go all night but these come to mind first...
Good list - how about at the supermarket checkout when the person in front gets to the cashier and then decides that everyone else in the queue can wait while they run around the shop picking up items they forgot to put in their trolley. If you are not too happy about it then somehow it is YOU that are the a-hole. It makes me feel like this, I even wear the same glasses 🤣

falling.jpg

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Good list - how about at the supermarket checkout when the person in front gets to the cashier and then decides that everyone else in the queue can wait while they run around the shop picking up items they forgot to put in their trolley. If you are not too happy about it then somehow it is YOU that are the a-hole. It makes me feel like this, I even wear the same glasses 🤣

View attachment 1225809
I don’t suffer fools gladly
The selectivity unaware I find the most annoying

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
If you are not too happy about it then somehow it is YOU that are the a-hole. It makes me feel like this

You are probably one of those annoying people who go to a fast food joint and try to order breakfast 15 minutes after they switched everything over to lunch, aren't you?

What possesses people to park in front of a store on the road and wait there while their spouse shops? PARK IN ONE THE DOZENS OF #@%?ing SPOTS LESS THAN 50 FEET AWAY AND WAIT THERE!!!

View attachment 1225809
Price matching is even worse IMO. More than one coupon or flyer from a competing store should be illegal during prime hours and punishable by stoning and/or flogging. If you want to use 25 different coupons/flyers to save $3, do it at 3am when I am asleep.

View attachment 1225809

This is where the curmudgeon old man superpower springs into action. True curmudgeons know how to size up the checkout lines for those most likely disrupt the slow and avoid that line.

New TV arrived with a new stand. The bloody stand went together with no problems, and the damn TV set it self up. All I had to do was plug in in.

DAMN YOU TV GODS!!! HOW DARE YOU MAKE LIFE EASY!!!😆🤣🥳🤪

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
New TV arrived with a new stand. The bloody stand went together with no problems, and the damn TV set it self up. All I had to do was plug in in.

DAMN YOU TV GODS!!! HOW DARE YOU MAKE LIFE EASY!!!😆🤣🥳🤪
Ya it all worked 100%
so what’s wrong? Lol

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
You are correct sir. I had somehow blotted that from my memory, until you brought it up.
The human mind does tend to blot such events from one's memory. Only recently have I begun to recall those times when one of dad's sled dogs took sick. The old man would just harness me up with the team, yell "mush!" and off we'd go to the nearest trading post, hundreds of miles away. Said the exercise would do me good.

Naturally had to do it barefoot so I could gain traction and keep up with the dogs. Dad thought of everything, though. Even kept a pair of nippers with him in case any of my toes turned black. Still have a few of them little piggies left.

What a time it was. Kids today don't know what fun is.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I can’t hear you....
Ok so you’re peacefully watching cable or streaming a tv show. All is good. Then it goes to commercial. Then on its own the volume spikes to at least double! Do “they” think this will make more or less inclined to watch the add or buy the product. Is there some way around this other than having one finger on the mute button? 🤬😡

Sure there are . . . Yellowstone is one I started with the Missus (3 seasons), New Amsterdam looks kind of interesting. I still need to go back to Sons of Anarchy, Bosch, and Vikings, as well.

Lots of good shows to watch, it's just more of a chore to find them.

Almost forgot to mention The Boys . . .

Sure there are . . . Yellowstone is one I started with the Missus (3 seasons), New Amsterdam looks kind of interesting. I still need to go back to Sons of Anarchy, Bosch, and Vikings, as well.

Lots of good shows to watch, it's just more of a chore to find them.

Almost forgot to mention The Boys . . .
The new Superman ain't bad.

Top Bottom