What's new

TOBS creams about to be discontinued

I've just read this on their Instagram page:

7123jfduueL._AC_SX355_.jpg

"tayloroldbondst - Some of our shaving bowls are coming to the end of the line and
to make way for new fragrances they are being gracefully retired. Stock up on
aloe vera, avocado and platinum range shaving bowls while stocks
last."

So no more Avocado, Aloe Vera and Platinum shaving creams, hopefully they will make way for some better scents.
The fact is Aloe Vera and Avocado were praised for their improved post-shave properties in respect to the rest of the TOBS line.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
They don’t appear to be on sale on tobs site so I’m not stocking up. I’ve been mildly interested in avocado but have never purchased.

As it turns out I have an unused tub of Avocado and one of Aloe Vera on hand. I bought them fairly recently but haven't used either yet. I went through a tub of Avocado some years back and really liked it, but honestly, TOBS has expanded their cream lineup so much it's hard to keep track. Something probably had to go.

Oh man if this isn’t an excuse to put aside your principles what is?
It just means that eventually instead of picking up TOBS aloe vera I'll probably get edwin jagger AV or Cella Bio. There's too many options for me to buy when I don't need to. At least that's what I tell myself. I am pretty much running along a razors edge in picking some up though haha.

It just means that eventually instead of picking up TOBS aloe vera I'll probably get edwin jagger AV or Cella Bio. There's too many options for me to buy when I don't need to. At least that's what I tell myself. I am pretty much running along a razors edge in picking some up though haha.
I can't speak for the EJ, but the Cella Bio is fantastic, and the scent is - IMO - better than the Taylor Aloe Vera. I like the scent of the TOBS just fine, but the Cella smells incredible.

I've just read this on their Instagram page:

View attachment 1226407

"tayloroldbondst - Some of our shaving bowls are coming to the end of the line and
to make way for new fragrances they are being gracefully retired. Stock up on
aloe vera, avocado and platinum range shaving bowls while stocks
last."

So no more Avocado, Aloe Vera and Platinum shaving creams, hopefully they will make way for some better scents.
The fact is Aloe Vera and Avocado were praised for their improved post-shave properties in respect to the rest of the TOBS line.

Thank you for the heads up.
I never tried Aloe Vera and Avocado, however, Platinum is my favourite TOBS cream, so this is rather sad news for me.
Fortunately I still have stocked two tubs of Platinum...

Glad I just received an order of Avacado. I've tried several of their creams, but that is my favorite summer cream.

Man TOBs was one of the first creams/soaps I tried when getting into wet shaving. I never got along with the sandalwood as it burned my face, but I loved some of the other scents they had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does the Platinum smell like?
Quoted from TOBS webpage:

"Top notes of bergamot and white pear, a heart of violet leaf with the warmth of sandalwood and amber. Base notes of sweet benzoin creamy tonka bean and musk."

For a shaving cream it is a rather complex scent. The fruity notes are quite restrained. I will miss it once it's gone.

What does the Platinum smell like?
I didn't rate the scent of platinum at all honestly. It is basically ashy non-descript wood (a mix of cedar and sandalwod from my use) with some talcum powder thrown in the mix. It did have better than average TOBS performance and post-shave though.

I can't speak for the EJ, but the Cella Bio is fantastic, and the scent is - IMO - better than the Taylor Aloe Vera. I like the scent of the TOBS just fine, but the Cella smells incredible.
is cella bio an aloe vera exclusive scent like TOBS or is there other stuff mixed in?

I happen to quite like the scent of Aloe Vera.

That said I don't think anything out there beats Cella Bio, so this TOBS cream won't be missed. Oh well...

Top Bottom