Gillette 7 O'clock Black (4)
Amherb ASC

Attachments

• IMG_20210221_185237.jpg
    IMG_20210221_185237.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 10
19840E25-6A3D-4FD2-8CC3-0056AC58A138.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, FEBRUARY 21, 2021

Woke up to a bright blue 19°F morning slated to go to a balmy 33°F by the middle of the afternoon! I don’t know about you, my shave brothers and sisters, but I am more than ready for Spring! Returning to my shave, I must say that complacency is the wrong attitude for a decent shave as my long neglected Rex Ambassador taught me this morning. I’ve usually shaved this razor on 6, wide open, but the stars apparently weren’t aligned properly this morning, or perhaps it was the slightly wider Kai blade I loaded, which I’ve never used in this razor. I usually enjoy blade feel, but not to the extent my dome felt it this morning. The post shave alum check revealed some serious heat in the back of my dome immediately after the first pass. As a result, I elected to stick with a single ATG DFS noggin pass this morning. I’ll return to this safety razor tomorrow, and possibly over the next few days until I get it properly dialed in again. My mug shave was aces, but how could it not be! I chose the first straight razor I ever shaved with 6 years ago, my Dovo Special, and it nicely offset the dome shave by delivering a refreshingly, velveteen smooth mug shave result in three slow, careful passes.

RAZOR: Dovo Special 5/8 (Mug), Rex Ambassador (Dome)
BLADE: Kai DE
PREP: Cold water rinse rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: JT Sapele/Resin Handled Omega Pro48 Boar
CREAM: A&E Shaving Butter
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with A&E Post-Shave Serum and Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme Balm.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
21 February, 2021

Brush: Stirling Kong 26mm Synth
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavy Copper
Lather: Stirling Orange Chill*
Razor: Hone Type 15
Blade: Silver Star
Balm: CeraVe Moisturizer
Frag: Bigelow Barber Elixir Black
*A bit cold this morning for a soap with
"chill" in it's description, but I just love
this stuff so much, it didn't matter.

Stay healthy, everyone!

SOTD, Sunday, February 21, 2021

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: OneBlade Core
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (1)
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Solar Flare 24mm
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Long Rifle Soap Company Brown Bess
Aftershave: Speick After Shave Lotion
Additional Care:
Alum Block
Hugo Boss
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
cold water splash
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

SOTD (052/2021)
21-02-2021

>> "One blade in February"- challenge <<

20210221_111715-01.jpeg

Preshave: frigid tap water.
Brush: Omega 11148 23/54
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Orange Chill
Razor: Fatip Open Comb Slant
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword China (21)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Stirling Soap ~ Orange Chill AS, witch hazel and psb.

Weather-wise, strange things happen in the western parts of Germany these days... 10 days ago the temperature was freezing cold (down to a whopping -19°C) with a lot of snow and ice (but at least we did not suffer as others do right now - hang in there, Texas!)...

Today, we have a sunny Sunday here with temperatures up to +20°C, which is just as uncommon in our region in February as the former icy weather...

However, it's been a great opportunity to get Orange Chill aka my preferred mentholated shaving stuff started.

The final week of the OBIF has started...
Shave no.21 with the chinese made Gillette Wilkinson Sword was effortless, again I felt maybe a tad more roughness than with a fresh blade paired with the goFOCS. But overall, a pleasant shave.

Hope, your Sunday is as sunny as ours is today!

Brush: Omega Badger
Shaving cream: Old Spice "Fresh Lime"
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Razor: 1958 Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip "TV Special"
Blade: Parker
Witch hazel: Thayers "Lemon"
Alum: Osma
After shave splash: Old Spice "Fresh Lime"
Face cream: Dove Man+ Care "Ultra Hydra"
2021-02-21.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, Feb 21st 2021- having a little experiment with my Schick M3 adjustable, I had a Kai Protouch in the blade bank with 8 shaves on it and decided to snip one end and shave with it. Slipped it in the injector magazine and had no problem installing it, well it had some life left in it and it worked beautifully for a DFS.

Razor: Schick adjustable injector Model 3(M3)- MFG 1970-72, well built razor, I always get good shaves with it.
Blade: Kai Protouch modified (9) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth, good blade to learn with a Shavette IMO & regular shaving.
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch, mild scent with great lather properties. Nice post shave feel with this soap.
Brush: Razorock plissoft 24mm, have used this brush for the last 4 years with great results. Soft tips and nice scrub. Good painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG(set at 4) + ATG (set at 5) + pickups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:great shave with my Schick adj M3 injector with a modified Protouch guarded blade.

Sunday Schick shave, Feb 21st 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

proxy.php

Sublime Sunday morning shave. I never shave on Saturdays to give my ugly mug a break, so the Sunday shave always feels great. I’ve noticed the Pacific Shaving Company products around but haven’t really take the dive. Finally did it and no regrets! The caffeinated shaving cream is excellent. Builds up an outstanding lather with little effort, and has an extremely mild and pleasant scent. As always, the razor and blade comboy were my trusted Weishi Adjustable and Astra. The brush of choice was the awesome Omega Synthetic.Soothing finishing to it all with the incredibly underrated but oh so good L’oreal Hydra Sensitive Balm.

Now time for some coffee and spending the day doing nothing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom