What's new

Captain's Choice Hospitality

I received my heavy-weight Captain's Choice copper bowl today. First impressions are always important ones and the Captain didn't disappoint. I've already posted this in another thread so I'll link to it below:

Hat tip to the Captain for his complimentary samples and personal welcome note.

That is my experience too. I received my heavy bowl a week ago along with a couple other products and inside the bowl I was pleasantly surprised to find the note with some samples. :welcoming: I was also very surprised to find what has to be a slate "coaster" with rubber feet. I'm assuming it's for the warm/hot bowl to sit on to help insulate it and keep things cozy. I really don't recall seeing mention of it in the website's product description.

I just ordered one of the Captain's bowls last night, plus some soap and a/s. I too went with the heavyweight copper bowl. Ever since I've been on B&B I've admired those bowls but never purchased one because I was happy with the Timeless lather bowl.

But, I'm ready to try something else now and the Captain's bowls get so much praise and look so good that I couldn't pass them up. Now if the ceramic specialty lather bowl would just come back in stock I can have a ceramic bowl as well.

I am happy to report that my first experience with my new bowl was a positive one. Very nice lather using the Land Ho! sample and I found it to be a very clean and refreshing scent. The Venture balm was a winner, too. Very nice products, to be sure.

Great to hear. For me, all the Captain’s Choice products I ordered, especially the aftershaves, are awesome. I’ve only tried the 45th Parallel cream and Bay Rum soap, but they provide good cushion and slickness for shaves. And the aftershaves just smell intoxicating, especially the 45th Parallel and Bay Rum. Venture takes me back to someone I probably knew in the Philippines, and the Cat O’Nine Tails adds a masochistic burn to the OG rum.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Just received my heavy copper bowl yesterday . . . thanks largely to this thread. I just went and did it after putting it off and putting it off.

Yes, the bowl is reassuringly heavy, seems to be just the right size, and now takes pride of place in my "den," as it were.

Also, this will be the first time I've tried any of the Captain's other products, as he included generous samples of soap, balm and AS--as well as that personally signed note that everyone cites.

As you can see from my post, I'm an early riser. It's 1:45 a.m. here in upstate New York (as opposed to that damn city where I worked for so many years), and once I get through the news of the morning, I'll be warming up that bowl with some of the Captain's suds. Hell, I may just cut to the chase and start shaving now--before I start worrying over the news.

So here's thanks to the Captain . . . and to everyone in this thread who, by sharing their experiences, led me to finally order my bowl.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Just received my heavy copper bowl yesterday . . . thanks largely to this thread. I just went and did it after putting it off and putting it off.

Yes, the bowl is reassuringly heavy, seems to be just the right size, and now takes pride of place in my "den," as it were.

Also, this will be the first time I've tried any of the Captain's other products, as he included generous samples of soap, balm and AS--as well as that personally signed note that everyone cites.

As you can see from my post, I'm an early riser. It's 1:45 a.m. here in upstate New York (as opposed to that damn city where I worked for so many years), and once I get through the news of the morning, I'll be warming up that bowl with some of the Captain's suds. Hell, I may just cut to the chase and start shaving now--before I start worrying over the news.

So here's thanks to the Captain . . . and to everyone in this thread who, by sharing their experiences, led me to finally order my bowl.
I predict those samples will have you sucked in! He is the most consistent producer of fine products around.

I LOVE his take on Bay Rum, the closest I have come to vintage Avon Bay Rum, and that's the best I've tried.

I won a PIF from The Captain, and everything was very nice and high quality.
The hand-written note is a very nice touch.
Same here! I love the leather shave brush roll for travel I purchased from him and also the razor caddy! His soaps, creams, aftershaves and balms are top notch as well. I have always received a hand written note and samples with my purchases. The Captain has always responded to my emails as well. The Captain sometimes asks for testers to try out pre release items to get feedback. Check his section in the Venders area often.

Top Bottom