What's new

Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless (green) - VS - Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge (yellow)

Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless (green) - VS - Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge (yellow)

• Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless (green)

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge (yellow)

Votes: 27 64.3%

• Total voters
Which blade do you prefer between the two: Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless or Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge ? (both made in russia)
And what differences you find between the two in terms of sharpness and smoothness
Please I would love for you to vote for the poll

Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless (green)
proxy.php

Gillette 7 O'clock sharp edge (Yellow)
proxy.php

Many thanks :)

I prefer the Super Stainless (Greens, from Russia), excellent blade.

For unknown reasons the marketing department at Gillette think it a great idea to confuse customers with these "Greens" from India

7oclockindia.jpg

There is a huge difference in performance between the "7 O'CLOCK Greens" imo. Almost identical names and packaging though.

I strongly prefer the Greens from India over either one of those two Russian ones. I like many of the other Russian made blades, but those two never worked well for me. These are YMMV blades to the extreme, like the Treet Carbon steel ones, which work great for me, but not so much for many.

I used one of the Green Super Stainless and I thought it both sharp and smooth. I guess I will break open my tuck of Yellow Sharp Edge tomorrow so I can voice my opinion of it.

I will not vote in the poll because both blades aren't among my favourites. I have 90 of the greens and 200 of the yellows. Won't be buying more. But I can tell you my impressions. The SS is a Gillette blade that my whiskers destroy in 2 shaves. Very smooth, no irritation. That is the only Gillette that lasts for 2 shaves with me. They aren't very sharp and I have to use them in aggressive razors (Pearl OC or R41). The Sharpedge on the contrary is very sharp. But on the rough side. I use them in mild Gillette razors. Lasts for 3 shaves in my case.
I have always considered both blades overrated. The green for its ridiculous longevity, the yellow for the harshness.

The green ss to my face are as sharp and smooth as a opened can lid .
From the other hand the yellow SharpEdge are amongst my favourite blades.

It's been a while for me, too, but last I used these two blades, yellow were both sharper and smoother for me. Neither had as much longevity as I prefer, with the yellow maxing out around 5 shaves and the green at 3.

I find the Yellows very harsh... Sharp, but harsh bordering on unpleasant.

The greens are just about tolerable, so that's where I put my vote.

Both blades are worth trying, but neither is on my list of favourites

When I began DE shaving the yellow was the 2nd blade I ever tried from a blade sampler.
It became my favourite and I've yet to find a blade that matches it.

I've moved through several packs of the greens and they are good. Sharp and smooth but doesn't cut as closely as some other russian gillette blades. It is, however, pretty noob friendly.

As for the yellow, I've only used one pack and if I remember correctly, it was about the same; sharp and smooth.

I will not vote in the poll because both blades aren't among my favourites. I have 90 of the greens and 200 of the yellows. Won't be buying more. But I can tell you my impressions. The SS is a Gillette blade that my whiskers destroy in 2 shaves. Very smooth, no irritation. That is the only Gillette that lasts for 2 shaves with me. They aren't very sharp and I have to use them in aggressive razors (Pearl OC or R41). The Sharpedge on the contrary is very sharp. But on the rough side. I use them in mild Gillette razors. Lasts for 3 shaves in my case.
I have always considered both blades overrated. The green for its ridiculous longevity, the yellow for the harshness.
I used the Yellow again today and tossed it afterwards. I agree, neither blade makes the cut for me. I am not a fan of blade feel but I know many others are. I like my razors mild and my blades smooth. Polsilver SI/Wizamet SI and Personna IR are my go to blades. No Gillette blade that I have ever tried has earned a spot in my blade rotation.

It’s funny how different peoples faces are. A friend who got into DE shaving about the same time as me told me how his newest favorite blade was the Gillette 7 O’clock green. I told him mine was the 7 O’clock yellow. I gave him a yellow to try, and he gave me a green. I hated the green, and he hated the yellow.
There must be a moral to that story somewhere.

Top Bottom