What's new

Rudy Vey Custom Shaving Brushes and Restorations

Props to Rudy for another great looking brush. If you haven't had the pleasure of working with Rudy, do yourself a favor and order a brush from a true master of the craft. Thanks Rudy.
IMG_7357.jpeg

IMG_7358.jpeg

My first Rudy Vey brush.
I am very happy with it.

View attachment 1246367
View attachment 1246371

Shavemac non-D01 2 band. I've not used it yet.

View attachment 1246375
View attachment 1246373

Both photos are of the same brush. It has been so far impossible for me to capture the tortoise color accurately.

Rudy Vey Manchurian (from the BST). Nice brush. I've used this one.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Great looking brushes gentlemen!

Beautiful brushes, guys!

I particularly like the shape of the Shavemac non-D01 2 band, Jim (the one that you have not yet used). What does Rudy call this shape?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Beautiful brushes, guys!

I particularly like the shape of the Shavemac non-D01 2 band, Jim (the one that you have not yet used). What does Rudy call this shape?

Eagle is what I asked for. I'm not sure if that's what Rudy calls it.

I've not used it, but it feels good in my hand. I've long wanted to try an Eagle.

Zeniths.2.Wood.640.4-18.JPG

Then I realized I already had.

These two wooden Zenith boars are much the same shape. Every time I use one of them I'm impressed with the ergonomics.

To me, they feel not so much like handles as knobs.

I'm hoping the RV Eagle similarly impresses me.
RudyVey.Zebra.Shavemac2band.496.png

Happy shaves,

Jim

Thanks for that, Jim! The shape is similar to but not quite the same as my Semogue 2000 - one of my favorite handles. Whatever the shape is called, it sure looks like a winner!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Hedley's D01 Keyhole Black Knight.jpeg

Many of you know how much I appreciate Rudy's brushes and his craftsmanship. The following ⬆ has me all hopped up once again. A Dark Knight Keyhole handle with the Shavemac D01-2 band knot incoming.

Ah, another D01 two band. Nice!

Nice looking. Great color + the keyhole is such a great shape.

What size knot is that beauty, Thomas?

Happy shaves,

Jim

View attachment 1259093

Ah, another D01 two band. Nice!

Nice looking. Great color + the keyhole is such a great shape.

What size knot is that beauty, Thomas?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Thanks Jim. I had a Rudy Keyhole with a Muhle STF once upon a time and it was a great handle and knot. One I wish I would have kept as a travel brush. I believe this one to be 22/46. I can't remember exactly, but I will find out tomorrow if the USPS delivers on time.

Top Bottom