What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, PAA Unscented Cube
Razor: OneBlade Genesis
Blade: Feather FHS 10 (1)
Soap: B&M Reserve Cool
Bowl: Georgetown Pottery G-20 Scuttle
Brush: RazoRock 506UK Boar
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 10/10 Nice 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. 3 weepers, no cuts or irritation. Nice mindless shave. First use of the RazoRock brush and learned it eats soap, so have to load far more than usual but assume that's because it's not totally broken in. Bristles very soft though.

Gamechanger .84sb Astra(2)Simpson chubby1 super badger,PPA Astra Planeta,Thayers cucumber,Prorasso green and nivea sensetive.10/10 One of the best shaves i've ever had enjoyed every second of it.

Attachments

• 20210219_153759[1].jpg
    20210219_153759[1].jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 5
Razor: STAR - 1912
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE(10)
Brush: Dscosmetic - SHD Manchurian GelTip (26mm)
Pre-Shave: Face Scrub - Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap - Unscented
Aftershave: Innisfree - Green Tea Balancing Skin EX (Toner)
3E9AB2A8-9CFE-48BD-9932-7107A2045815.jpeg

Shave Rating: 10/10
Star Baby

Now that I’ve shaved with my STAR, I’ve completed shaves with all the baton handled ASR razors. GEM, STAR & TREET. I always get a smooth, comfortable shave with these models. Perhaps the baton handles fit more naturally in my hand? Whatever it is I’ve never had a bad shave with any of them.
Speaking of the baton crew never giving me a bad shave, this GEM blade just completed its 10th shave, so I’m retiring it just to be on the safe side.
My face is smooth, my skin feels soft and I feel fine.

(The Guess Who’s “Star Baby” was stuck in my brain for the entire shave so I thought I’d pass along the ear worm to you)

Last edited:
Soap: Arko
Razor: Modified Gold Dollar
Brush: Omega
Aftershave: Osage Rub
Balm: Nivea Sensitive

Straight shave #24

Took the blade to the finishing stone this morning, for no other reason to practice and feel more comfortable finishing an edge. Had my DE out and ready to go just in case, but didn't need to use it. The edge felt great. Felt a lot better going XTG on the upper lip and on the chin. Lovely shave this morning.

10/10

- Prep: Shower
- Brush: Simpson M7 Manchurian
- Razor: Red Tip SS
- Blade: Gillette Minora SS (1)
- Soap: St James of London - Tonka and Tobacco Flower
- Aftershave: Nivea Protect and Care AS
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

Good shave with my second Minora SS After a crappy first blade. The new to me M7 is perfect.

9/10

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
The ATT S-1 is my favorite slant razor. It is more aggressive and efficient than the AS-D2 and is in my top four of my favorite razors. However, it is not as mild as the AS-D2. By way of comparison, I prefer less aggressive razors such as the Timeless SB SS .68, the S-1, and Karve with the C plate. Hope that helps.
Many thanks! I think I may get my son in law an S1. He wants a slant.

I missed shaving yesterday as we drove down from Reno to Peoria, Arizona ~700 miles and I was too tired to shower or shave when we arrived. Drive was uneventful; here's a pic I took from the car when the missus drove for a while:

View attachment 1224851

Thursday's two-pass shave on two days growth- 10/10, smooth and lovely with a different setup than usual:

Soaps: Cremo stick mango/coconut + ARKO stick, then lathered out
Brush: Commodore X2 Best
Razors: First pass- Tradere OC final pre-production prototype before the gen two OC run; and then Feather DX Japanese style
Blades: Personna lab blue (1) for the Tradere OC, Proline P-30 (1) in the DX
Post-shave: cold water, my face was so smooth I went straight to Nivea SPF 15 face moisturizer

I stopped by TJ Maxx and amongst other stuff picked up the Cremo stick and the Nivea last week and decided to bring them to Arizona. The Cremo is slick and smells nice. When combined with ARKO I ended up with a great lather today.

Have some great shaves and be well!

View attachment 1224856
RenoRichard, That photo brought a rush of good memories of my time in northern Nevada. Thanks!

20210218_135608.jpg

Razor: Schick L1 Green Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Bay Patchouli Grapefruit
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating Ten. Outstanding shave this morning! :c2:

Pre:shower, Proraso white,hot towel for 1 minute
Soap: Proraso white
Brush: Fendrihan 22mm synth
Razor: Gillette red tip
Blade: Astra super platinum(3)
Post: warm rinse,cold rinse, alum block,cold rinse, Proraso white balm

Decent first shave with a newly acquired red tip. Not too sure where the “wild” rep comes from. 3 passes with some ill advised/ill fated touch ups in the goatee/jawline zones. Smidge of alum irritation on the...you guessed it...goatee and jawline area.
79325862-1523-4A18-9EA3-0320567A7F00.jpeg

We got our first Pfizer vaccine shots earlier this morning. The volunteers were so well organized it was terrific; they even made our second shot appointments for us!

Clubman Friday shave, 9+/10, close and comfy, one small weeper otherwise it would have been a 10:

Pre-shave: shower
Razor: Feather DX Japanese style
Blade: Proline P-30 (2)
Brush: Zenith P2 boar- I've been getting into boars lately; maybe after all these years and I finally figured out how great even a low-priced boar brush can be when it's properly broken in. This one is coming along well.
Soap: MWF- I bloomed the puck overnight; it had totally dried out and cracked in the six weeks since my last use.
Post-shave: cold rinse, alum, rinse, and Original Clubman AS

How sweet it is!

PXL_20210219_175625717.jpg

We got our first Pfizer vaccine shots earlier this morning. The volunteers were so well organized it was terrific; they even made our second shot appointments for us!

Clubman Friday shave, 9+/10, close and comfy, one small weeper otherwise it would have been a 10:

Pre-shave: shower
Razor: Feather DX Japanese style
Blade: Proline P-30 (2)
Brush: Zenith P2 boar- I've been getting into boars lately; maybe after all these years and I finally figured out how great even a low-priced boar brush can be when it's properly broken in. This one is coming along well.
Soap: MWF- I bloomed the puck overnight; it had totally dried out and cracked in the six weeks since my last use.
Post-shave: cold rinse, alum, rinse, and Original Clubman AS

How sweet it is!

View attachment 1225400

congrats on the vaccine. hope you both fare well.

camo

Clubman Friday
Everytime I use this Razor I like it more. At first I was scared because wasnt used to a lot of blade feel. Now that Im used to it, its just a very efficent razor. Good tool to use your mild blades. I never do ATG pass with it. Today did 3 pass, one WTG and 2 XTG.

As for the soap, besides the super Freedom scent, it gives a lather out of the league, one of the best I can get.

Razor : DS cosmetic Z0
Blade : Derby extra (2)
Brush : Yaqi Moka 26mm
Soap : Reef point soap - Test depth
Thayers witch Hazel Unscented
AS : Clubman Virgin island bay rum

BBS, 10/10

Good way to start the weekend!
IMG_20210219_133629.jpg

IMG_20210219_134832.jpg

GMUK
Razor: Ikon Tek
Blade: Lord Silver Star (1)
Brush: Omega 10098
Soap: WSP Formula T Sandalwood
Rating: 10

This was the third razor I've used the Silver Star blade in and as before it was great. Totally BBS with no irritation or weepers, there wasn't even any burn from the splash. I'll run them in some other razors but going by the results so far I doubt I'll find one they don't work in.

Top Bottom