What's new

RIP Rush Limbaugh

He had a grand radio voice, and a sense of humor about himself; he used to refer to himself as "your harmless little fuzzball host."

"When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die."

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I was newly married to a beautiful, very conservative young lady when I first heard this brash, abrasive voice on the radio.

He insulted my sensibilities EVERY day. I was a CLASSIC underachiever. It of course wasn't MY fault. This guy angered me EVERY SINGLE DAY! So why didn't I change the station? No idea; it was like turning my head away from a train wreck. For some reason just not possible.

So I kept listening, and started to laugh more often than I got angry after about a year. He was the "background noise" in my shop when I was cutting hair. He started up a LOT of conversations in the clip joint, let me tell you!

As one ages, one usually gets more conservative. Maybe that's why I finally grew up slightly before I turned 30. Or maybe my nutty family is right, and I can blame Rush for brainwashing me.

Either way, I can think of no person that I have never had the privilege of meeting that has had a bigger influence on my life. He will be dearly missed by me.

Rest in peace you harmless fluffball. No one will fill your shoes.

I was newly married to a beautiful, very conservative young lady when I first heard this brash, abrasive voice on the radio.

He insulted my sensibilities EVERY day. I was a CLASSIC underachiever. It of course wasn't MY fault. This guy angered me EVERY SINGLE DAY! So why didn't I change the station? No idea; it was like turning my head away from a train wreck. For some reason just not possible.

So I kept listening, and started to laugh more often than I got angry after about a year. He was the "background noise" in my shop when I was cutting hair. He started up a LOT of conversations in the clip joint, let me tell you!

As one ages, one usually gets more conservative. Maybe that's why I finally grew up slightly before I turned 30. Or maybe my nutty family is right, and I can blame Rush for brainwashing me.

Either way, I can think of no person that I have never had the privilege of meeting that has had a bigger influence on my life. He will be dearly missed by me.

Rest in peace you harmless fluffball. No one will fill your shoes.

“Any man under 30 who is not a liberal has no heart, and any man over thirty who is not a conservative has no brains.”

― Winston S. Churchill

I was shocked to read that Rush had passed, but not surprised. It seemed that his robust voice got weaker every day for the last few months. Someone in this thread said that no one could fill his shoes. Truer words were never spoken.

Rest In Peace Rush, we will sorely miss your voice and your outlook on the world and our country.

Top Bottom