What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

thumbnail_IMG_3478.jpg

Razor/blade: GEM 1912/Gem SS PTFE
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: B&M Lavender
A/S: Lucky Tiger Bay Rum

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Thur, Feb 18th 2021

Razor: Oneblade core Version 2-MFG 2018> mild razor, great 3 pass daily driver, only razor I have that will allow pressure.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE modified (5) excellent SE blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap: Razorock The dead sea- nice scent with excellent lather qualities IMO.
Brush: Yaqi Artic sky 24 mm knot, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scrub & great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups. WTG, XTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea splash with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my Oneblade core with a modified Gem blade.
SE SOTD, Thur, Feb 18th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Fri, Feb 2021

Razor: Kai Style shavette- Mfg 2018> great zamik shavette to learn with and easy to manipulate over the face, guarded blade is nice for this Greenhorn. I do not shave with it every day but still can get a great shave.
Blade: Kai Protouch guarded, excellent blade, Sharp & smoooth and highly recommended for any shaving level from beginner to seasoned shaver.
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea- very nice scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24mm knot, excellent lather generator with heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 pickups. WTG + 2x ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea splash with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + 1 blemmish weeper = :a17: Excellent shave with my Kai style shavette and Kai Proguard blade.
SOTD, Fri, Feb 19th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Top Bottom