What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: Ralph Aust 6/8 American point
Brush: C-Mon 77-5
Soap & AS: Tallow & Steel - Coffee in the Canadian wilderness
Rating: 10/10

B23A6EC9-C08D-45C4-B5A0-D614011BBB24.jpeg

17 February 2021
20210217_060001.jpg

Prep:
Pear Soap facewash using my old Omega 11126 brush
Razor:
WCS 84S
Soap:
Proraso Green shave cream (using distilled water)
Brush:
Gray Dog
Blade:
Derby Premium Shave #4
Passes:
WTG then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then an Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Pinaud Clubman √Bay Rum
Rating:
10.0 BBS No stubble, nick, or weepers. Posting late after taking care of early morning weather issue(s), and shopping for necessary items. Unlike many of my fellow Texans, we have power and heat, but still don’t have running water.

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Jack Black Deep Dive Glycolic Facial Cleanser
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-Shave Oil
- Cella Bio (tub)

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Simple Kind to Skin Alcohol Free Soothing Facial Toner
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic acid
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
- Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe Cooling Post-Shave Water Gel
- Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- FaTip Special Edition (Gentile Head)
- Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (3)
- Edwin Jagger Small Silvertip Synthetic

Shave Rating: 8.5/10
Another nice shave with this combination and the blade still feels sharp and smooth. It feels like I'm getting a close shave than I do with my Edwin Jagger DE86 although I'm still getting used to using a shallower angle so a couple small spots of irritation (although no real feedback from the Alum block and it looks like the irritation is disappearing pretty quickly).
I think this is the first time I've used the "Marco method" with a synthetic as well and the board ability to hold more water really showed through. I ended up with a lot of soap on the brush but it was quite dry and I had to put a lot of water into my lather bowl to get it right. Cella Bio, as always, gave a top notch performance regardless!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wed, Feb 17th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo .72- MFG 2021,mild range, very efficient, easy under the nose, carefree shave IMO.
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2) Excellent blade Sharp & smooth, good longevity.
Soap: Razorock Lavender :001_wub: , nice scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24 mm Tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips,great scrub + excellent lather painter. Loft 54mm:thumbsup:
Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on my cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG+ ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis lavender with witch hazel, nice mild scent + dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:Excellent shave with my RR 2nd Gen Lupo.72 & Gillette Nacet blade.

DE SOTD, Wed, Feb 17th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

Soap: Williams + Proraso Green superlather
Razor: Modified Gold Dollar
Brush: Omega Pro 49
Aftershave: Osage Rub
Balm: Nivea Sensitive

Straight shave #22

First time doing a super lather and first time using Osage Rub. Will be sticking with this setup for a while. Absolutely lovely.

10/10

Soap: Declaration Grooming Unconditional Surrender
Brush: Omega Boar in homemade handle
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
AS: Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber

I wanted to try a Declaration Grooming Soap, but Maggard’s supply of samples was slim. I will say that the performance was good, but not sure I’m sold in the scent. Bumped up from a 3 to a 4 on the slim, and don’t think it was all that necessary. I think 3 might be perfect, at least for 24 hours of stubble. I am loving the dark blue platinum blades so far, which is good cause I ordered quite a few, and the Ghost Town Barber is very quickly becoming my go to AS. DFS, just not as good as yesterday.

8.5/10

63658F3D-C000-4706-82A5-6DB4922C4555.jpeg

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, PAA Unscented Cube
Razor: OneBlade Genesis
Blade: Feather FHS 10 (2)
Soap: B&M Reserve Classic
Bowl: Georgetown Pottery G-20 Scuttle
Brush: Semogue Cherry Wood Handle SOC Boar
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, TOBS Sandalwood AS
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Nice carefree shave.

Top Bottom