What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

1613404780457.jpeg

Brush: Wolf Whiskers / 24mm Declaration Grooming B11
Soap: Grooming Dept - Mumtaz
Razor: Rockwell 6C / R4
Blade: Gillette Platinum Plus NOS

10/10: Magical. Refreshingly little effort today. Love the artwork on this label, btw.

IMG_0186.jpg

- Face Prep: Clinique for Men Face Soap.
- Pre-shave: Proraso Red.
- Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat.
- Bowl: Captain's Choice Ceramic (Cobalt Blue)
- Brush: WCS Lantern Silvertip Badger.
- Razor: Rockwell 6S/R4.
- Blade: Crystal (1).
- Aftershave: American Crew Revitalizing Toner.

Experience: Subzero morning, two days' growth, new blade; expecting a good shave. Had fished the mug of MWF out from under the sink and, thinking I'd gleaned enough here about how to lather this stuff, I enthusiastically loaded the brush, went to the bowl, added some water and got ...nothing but proto-lather. Being in a hurry, I spread it over the Proraso pre-shave, looked skeptically at the largely transparent result, and put the steel to it. As one might expect, I got lots of razor drag, but gamely completed a pass and started over. This time I really loaded the brush, added more water, and got something of a lather (photo). Even so, the second pass was not smooth, with virtually no glide and plenty of that there "Blade Feel." After that and some touch-up though, my face is at DFS level. In sum, the experience was disappointing but the result is:

Rating: 9/10

Razor: Treet - Baton Handle (Blue)
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (9)
Brush: Yaqi - Mountain Lake (Caravel Arctic)
Pre-Shave: Face Scrub - Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap - Unscented
Aftershave: Innisfree - Green Tea Balancing Toner
1EA5BA68-AB4E-4F0A-B276-281BC538E92E.jpeg

Shave Rating: 10/10
Todays shave was a real “Treet”
It really was a treat. I knew before I even started it was going to be good, but it exceeded all expectations.
With this COVID-19 lockdown, there is really no need for all the scented soaps and AS, so I’ve been trying for simple ingredient spa shaves. My skin type doesn’t really need all those excess moisturizing ingredients and it feels really good to pander to my face. Less is more.

But...I digress! This was my first shave with a Treet razor, let alone a nice blue baton handled one.😁 The shave took me by surprise it was so silky smooth. It felt like a Tech shave. The blade was on shave number nine, and yes Chard52142, I did give it 20 licks with my Ever-Ready Stropper. I’m starting to feel like the Lizzie Borden of GEM stropping.
One interesting thing about the Treet is that even though it looks like a standard 1912/Junior type head, its safety bar is designed like a Micromatic “Clog Pruf”. If that had any design on the outcome of the shave, I really couldnt say.
884997E1-1B0E-443F-BA47-0D2C8812A79F.jpeg

A wonderful, wonderful shave. I wish they were all so nice.
PS: I’m really liking the Innisfree face scrub and the Green Tea balancing toner. They seem to be a perfect match for my skin type.

“salutant te qui ad radi”

Razor: RazoRock Mamba 70
Blade: Personna Med Prep (2)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Lather: Cella Extra Extra Bio + Neutrogena Sensitive Shave Skin Cream for men
Aftershave: Cold water rinses

No nicks: 5
No irritation: 5
Closeness: 5
Smoothness: 5

Overall rank: 10/10

Close, smooth and pleasant shave.

YMMV

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, PAA Unscented Cube
Razor: OneBlade Genesis
Blade: Feather FHS 10 (2)
Soap: Stirling Electric Sheep
Bowl: Georgetown Pottery G-20 Scuttle
Brush: Semogue Cherry Wood Handle SOC Boar
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. No weepers, cuts or irritation. A nice carefree shave.

Monday Presidents Day shave- two-pass 9/10, no new nicks, weepers or irritation; I did reopen yesterday's nick, so I guess it's now a cut:

Razor: Feather DX Wooden scaled
Blade: Kai Captain Mild (4) - works well in the DX handle
Cream: Creamo Reserve- I received this, along with a small brush, as a gift from my wife several years ago and I'm 4/5 done with this cream. It's actually not bad at all. I was using it for shower shaves, saw it this morning and decided to give it a go. Residual slickness between passes was nice.
Brush: Semogue 830 boar- whipped up the cream nicely on my face. This brush isn't all that exciting, but gets the job done well.
Post-shave: Styptic on the reopened cut from yesterday, alum, cold rinse, and Floid Dopobarba AS, which I think is the Amber. I do miss the old blue one; I used mine up several years ago, but the current offerings are more than nice enough. Cerave moisturizer; it's very dry in the house.

May the glide be with you!

PXL_20210215_165758991.jpg

Razor: Blackland Blackbird sb
Blade: Lord Super Chrome (1)
Brush: Razorock 400
Soap: Rasozero Agrumella
Rating: 10

Thought I'd try the Lord blade in the Blackbird and it was very smooth. It isn't the sharpest of blades but is sharp enough and very comfortable in use. I had a delivery of some Silver Star blades today so I'll try one of those tomorrow. The soap has a fresh citrus scent and is slick and protective, it contributed to a very pleasant BBS result.

View attachment 1223461

- Face Prep: Clinique for Men Face Soap.
- Pre-shave: Proraso Red.
- Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat.
- Bowl: Captain's Choice Ceramic (Cobalt Blue)
- Brush: WCS Lantern Silvertip Badger.
- Razor: Rockwell 6S/R4.
- Blade: Crystal (1).
- Aftershave: American Crew Revitalizing Toner.

Experience: Subzero morning, two days' growth, new blade; expecting a good shave. Had fished the mug of MWF out from under the sink and, thinking I'd gleaned enough here about how to lather this stuff, I enthusiastically loaded the brush, went to the bowl, added some water and got ...nothing but proto-lather. Being in a hurry, I spread it over the Proraso pre-shave, looked skeptically at the largely transparent result, and put the steel to it. As one might expect, I got lots of razor drag, but gamely completed a pass and started over. This time I really loaded the brush, added more water, and got something of a lather (photo). Even so, the second pass was not smooth, with virtually no glide and plenty of that there "Blade Feel." After that and some touch-up though, my face is at DFS level. In sum, the experience was disappointing but the result is:

Rating: 9/10
I have two WCS silvertip brushes and you need to load them like you are mashing your arch enemies face in the dirt. Work some lather and if your still not happy load again. They are good brushes but lather hogs.

Brush : Simpson’s Duke 2 Best, wonderful brush

Soap: SV Cubebe, I have now gone through all my brushes only two did not release well but I know they both are good brushes, Zenith Manchurian, and one with a 24mm SHD Maggard knot, I discussed it with a fellow member and came to the conclusion that these two brushes need to be loaded with more soap than my other brushes.

Blade: Personna Lab Blue 1st time using a Lab Blue if they work well they are 1/3 the cost of the Med Prep. It responded very well.

Razor: Timeless Ti SB .95, this razor is perfect for me, so I probably will be selling the
Timeless Ti OC .95, and the Timeless SS SC .68 soon, will use the funds for a WR2 Wolfman.

Very nice shave
10/10

5B72E511-1077-4949-B000-64385A5AA0D5.jpeg

Top Bottom