What's new

What is your most forgiving razor?

Gillette New Long Comb. I can't remember the last time I cut myself with it, and I always get a super close shave with it. The crazy part is that it's not even close to being a mild razor, yet never feels dangerous, only there.

I don't use anything else, no reason to.

Probably my Razorock SLOC. I could sit and blade buff the same area for 10 minutes straight and not cause any irritation. The Merkur 37C Slant probably comes in a close second for being forgiving.

In order of forgiveness, 1) Feather AS-D2, 2) Rockwell 6s and 6C, plate 3 or 4, then, and I am on the bubble here, my Merkur 34C or my Occam's DE. The latter two just seem to be simple single blade razors that operates like the Rockwell on plate 4. Both mild, but the question was forgiveness.

in my eyes any razor can be forgiving when your technique matches the razor just as if you had bad technique it would soon bite you in the butt.

Among the razor that I own, it's the Game Changer OC 84 that is incredibly efficient without being aggressive razor and I get negative effects in shave only when I manage to create a poor lather.

It's the most forgiving razor that I own.

My first choice is probably the OneBlade Genesis with Feather blades, but I just picked up a Henson Al13 (medium) that has been extremely easy to switch to and quite efficient without any irritation, weepers and requiring minimal thought using the included Astra Platinum blades. I expect the mild version of the Al13 would be even more forgiving, but the medium is already superb in that department. A superb design and value, IMO.

True, but what is your MOST forgiving razor?

oh thats easy its my rockwell 6s mind you i only have these as reference points.
1st to last .
1= cheep china made rasp
2= wilkinson sword classic plastic .
3= rockwell 6c
4= wilkinson sword classic chrome
5= rockwell 6s because i liked the 6c so much .

безопасные бритвы все хороши, нужно лишь подобрать машину и лезвия.

Right now I would say my most comfortable shaving razors would be :-

1. Feather asd2
2. Tatara masamune
3. Fatip piccolo gentile
4. Wolfman wr2 1.05

with the distance between each razor very close. The wr2 is however significantly more efficient than all of them.

Top Bottom