What's new

Polsilver blades are rough???!

Polsilvers used to be my favorite blade for quite some time. I always described them as sharp and smooth. Then I started using Nacets and just kinda went with them for more than a year. This week I reached for Polsilver again and I was vastly dissapointed. They were a bit tuggy and AS gave me quite a bite.

Are Nacets so much sharper/smoother than Polsilvers or is it something else? Maybe I should use the whole tuck not just 1 blade to get the feeling for them back?

Because authentic Polsilver blades have become outrageously expensive (about $1 per blade), the potential for profit on counterfeit blades is quite high. I suspect you may have gotten bogus blades. I have never heard anyone describe Polsilver Super Iridium blades as rough. Of course, it is also possible that someone smuggled off-quality blades out of the plant when they were still in production.

The first shave with a Pol or a Wizamet (near identical blade) is always a little
less smooth than the ones that follow. Not sure if anyone else agrees.

I think you just got a bad blade, try another one. Never judge a blade by one use.

Clayton

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

I do think Nacets are sharper, but not smoother than Polsilvers. Sharper is different, but not necessarily better - otherwise we’d all use Feathers.

Use the tuck and get reacquainted with Polsilvers. Then make a judgement. Maybe Nacets are better for you.

Keep us updated on your findings.

Tnx for replys guys :)

I don't have counterfeits for sure. I bought that stock 5 years ago and never had problems before

Maybe Nacets are really just better or reaquainting is needed

Anyone interested in 34 tucks of Polsilver?

Polsilver SI used to be my favorite all time blades for a while, but after I tried Nacet that changed. I still like them though, but giving how expensive they are compared to the much inexpensive Nacets, I really have no reason to buy anymore, unless I find someone who sells them very cheap, of course :D.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I found Polifail Polsilver SI very poor in my preferred mild razors. Tuggy to the point it felt like they were trying to rip the hair from my face. That was trying blades from different batches, in case I got a duff one, but they were all awful. Putting one in a more aggressive razor helped, but still didn't make them any better than my usual blades. Probably the worst blade I've used. Zaza being the second worst.

Top Bottom