What's new

February 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

I see in the GRUME rules that trades are allowed, especially between participants. If I have to post this in the BST and can’t mention it in this thread, I apologize and please remove this post.

If any Canadians are interested, I have a set of Noble Otter Firefighter soap and splash used twice, message me and maybe we can work out a trade.

Still in.
No temptations.

Today's shave:
Gillette New 2-piece RFB, Set #88
Wilkinson Sword Vintage (day 13)
Simpsons Chubby 3 Manchurian
TOBS Sandalwood herbal Soap
Thayers WH
TOBS Sandalwood Cologne

sotd 12-Feb.jpg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I'm "playing from home" this month, not because I've made any purchases but because I had issues accessing this website for a couple weeks and wasn't able to sign up for the GRUME in time (unless @FoolishMortal wants to write me in now). But either way, let the word go forth from this time and place: I am in restraint every bit as much as any of you lot.

Best of luck to all.

Still in, too swamped to even think about purchasing anything, not a good feeling.

Atleast soaps are providing feel good factors.

I put warm water in the Williams mug soap and simultaneously put the Omega 10005 brush with it, so that they can get acquainted.

This worked, and Williams put easily enough lather for 2 passes without any effort, then for the 3rd pass, I swiped the bubbly lather around the rim of mug - and viola, lather came back with great protection.

For my 1st pass, lather was less hydrated and when I rinsed the razor, I kid you not, I had to dis assemble the razor to rinse the beard and lather.

It was a bit sticky, so I improved water content in the lather for consequent passes and it almost reached the snail gunk level of slickness.

Smell - I spent the entire shave hoping to get any sort of smell, but not even the typical soap smell.
This is the only area where Williams disappointed, ha ha.

IMG_20210212_190615.jpg

I'm "playing from home" this month, not because I've made any purchases but because I had issues accessing this website for a couple weeks and wasn't able to sign up for the GRUME in time (unless @FoolishMortal wants to write me in now). But either way, let the word go forth from this time and place: I am in restraint every bit as much as any of you lot.

Best of luck to all.
Good to see you Owen! Are issues somewhat resolved or were you able to log on by chance?

Still in and enjoying my hoard.

Very seldom do I have what I consider a perfect shave. There's always something that could be improved. This morning the stars aligned and I achieved the best shave in recent memory. The lather was perfect, the brush was perfect, the razors were perfect and the blade was perfect. I did three fast passes with no touch ups and achieved a perfect BBS. Absolutely perfect. I'm sitting here five hours later rubbing my skin trying to find a single hair or bristle I missed or is poking out. I even just did the cotton ball test and passed.

-Leaf w/Gillette Platinum "White" (2) - Head shaves only
-Twig w/Gillette Platinum "White" 1/2 blade (2) - neck and beard trim only
-PAA Awesome Sauce PK-6 soap
-PAA Atomic Rocket synthetic
-Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel

I hope you all are having great shaves and wish you all a wonderful weekend!

Top Bottom