What's new

Fake PolSilver Super Iridiums?

I stand corrected, the last packages I managed to buy in a local store before the Polsilver Super Iridium disappeared has 05 November 2016, not 2017.

View attachment 1002326 View attachment 1002327 I just got two tucks of “dodgy” looking Polsilvers from an E-bay seller in Lithuania...spot the dodgy one!

I bought two tucks of Polsilvers from a Seller on Ebay a month ago that don't have the wax dots or the Super Iridium print on the blades. I shaved with the first one today and it was excellent. I'm a regular Feather blade user and these blades were much smoother. And I've got a very heavy coarse beard. I've never shaved with a Polsilver blade before so I don't know the difference.

Last edited:
20190905_111821.jpg

Figured it would be worth a revisit to show the PolSilver variants in my stash. The brown and gold ones were obtained about 10-13 years ago. I obtained the SI's on the top around the same time.
The bottom tuck was purchased around 2-3 years ago.

So we have PolSilver Stainless Steel ( no coating) in a 10 blade tuck; PolSilver SI in a 10 blade tuck, and finally, PolSilver SI in a 5 blade tuck. To my knowledge, PolSilver and Feather were the only brands to come in 10 blade tucks. Outside of the 7 O' Clock Gillette Blacks, the majority of blade tucks only come with 5 blades in a tuck.

Feather also changed their tucks from 10 blades to 5 along with the packaging.

The PolSilvers that have 10 blades had wax spots; however, the Stainless only had 2 and had melted into the paper. They both also were wrapped twice. The 5 tuck was wrapped in wax paper only.

Hope this helps.

marty

The ones on the top right are not marketed as Polsilver. They are branded as Iridium -Super, although they are the same as Polsilver Super Iridium
And Feather and Polsilvers are not the only blade that came in 10 packs. The Israeli made Personna brands come in 10s - Q-ball, Crystal, Viking Sword etc. Also Gillette Bleue Extras are in 10s. I have some manufactured around 2007-2008, bought in 2009 [Plastic dispenser with Procter & Gamble on the cardboard]. They are now Russian-made in a cardboard pack in 10s and are still available in some countries in Western Europe, as can be seen in this photo Où trouver des Gilettes Bleue Extra ? - Page 2
But they are soon going to be substituted for the all-blue Platinums

Last edited:
View attachment 1014360

Figured it would be worth a revisit to show the PolSilver variants in my stash. The brown and gold ones were obtained about 10-13 years ago. I obtained the SI's on the top around the same time.
The bottom tuck was purchased around 2-3 years ago.

So we have PolSilver Stainless Steel ( no coating) in a 10 blade tuck; PolSilver SI in a 10 blade tuck, and finally, PolSilver SI in a 5 blade tuck. To my knowledge, PolSilver and Feather were the only brands to come in 10 blade tucks. Outside of the 7 O' Clock Gillette Blacks, the majority of blade tucks only come with 5 blades in a tuck.

Feather also changed their tucks from 10 blades to 5 along with the packaging.

The PolSilvers that have 10 blades had wax spots; however, the Stainless only had 2 and had melted into the paper. They both also were wrapped twice. The 5 tuck was wrapped in wax paper only.

Hope this helps.

marty

Here's a question, do these blades all shave the same or do you notice a difference.

Yep. But I would rephrase that as "any Gillette blade..."
Not necessarily, few examples, Astra is cheap and sharp but pretty rough blade; Nacet short lived and not smoothest. Gillette Wilkinson are terrible.
Gillette 7 o’clock green nothing spectacular.
Ymmv

Here's a question, do these blades all shave the same or do you notice a difference.

So far, during my revisit, I am on the Polsilver Stainless Steel and it is just as smooth as the Super Iridium so far after 6 shaves. Next up will be the Polsilver Super Iridium - bottom box on right.

marty

Bullgosse simply makes fun of customers and continues to sell fake PolSilver blades! I thought that such a thing was possible only in Eastern Europe and not in America. You are lied to when you are told to buy their fakes for a lot of money! I bought the same fake blades from Poland but at least they cost very little 12 euros 100 pcs with free shipping not 56 dollars as Bullgosse will ask now! Shame Bullgosse !

Not necessarily, few examples, Astra is cheap and sharp but pretty rough blade; Nacet short lived and not smoothest. Gillette Wilkinson are terrible.
Gillette 7 o’clock green nothing spectacular.
Ymmv
Both Astra SP and Astra SS are one of the smoothest blades to me. YMMV

Bullgosse simply makes fun of customers and continues to sell fake PolSilver blades! I thought that such a thing was possible only in Eastern Europe and not in America. You are lied to when you are told to buy their fakes for a lot of money! I bought the same fake blades from Poland but at least they cost very little 12 euros 100 pcs with free shipping not 56 dollars as Bullgosse will ask now! Shame Bullgosse !

Curious as to why you think these are fakes?

They are 100% fake because they are sold to us as being produced in the Gillette factory in St. Petersburg Russia, but in fact, in Russia there were no Polsilver blades without the original inscription SUPER IRIDIUM and with different inscribed packaging. In addition on the face there is a very big difference between the two blades. Why do you keep insisting that they are original since the only factory that produces Polsilver is in Russia and this factory has never made these differently inscribed blades? They are cheap, lower quality blades sold legally but repackaged by third parties and sold as Polsilver with maximum profit. For this reason, Super Iridium is not written on these blades so that the factory that produces them (probably from China) cannot be sued for counterfeiting.
What is annoying is that we end users can not defend ourselves and we are stupid in front of companies that knowingly sell fakes. I asked to be defended an EU consumer protection against the seller in Poland, but for 4 months I have not received any answer to my complaint!

Last edited:
They are 100% fake because they are sold to us as being produced in the Gillette factory in St. Petersburg Russia, but in fact, in Russia there were no Polsilver blades without the original inscription SUPER IRIDIUM and with different inscribed packaging. In addition on the face there is a very big difference between the two blades. Why do you keep insisting that they are original since the only factory that produces Polsilver is in Russia and this factory has never made these differently inscribed blades? They are cheap, lower quality blades sold legally but repackaged by third parties and sold as Polsilver with maximum profit. For this reason, Super Iridium is not written on these blades so that the factory that produces them (probably from China) cannot be sued for counterfeiting.
What is annoying is that we end users can not defend ourselves and we are stupid in front of companies that knowingly sell fakes. I asked to be defended an EU consumer protection against the seller in Poland, but for 4 months I have not received any answer to my complaint!

How are you qualified to say that they never produced blades without "Super Iridium" printed on the blade? The P&G company itself has said that they did - I contacted Consumer Care Poland myself, twice, and they confirmed that they did produce Polsilvers Super Iridium without "Super Irdium" printed on the blade, only "extra stainless" printed.

Also, your experience aside, many long time Polsilver Super Iridium users report no issue with these blades.

To be honest Polsilver SI blades are indeed good, but not amazing and I was lucky enough to buy lots of them a few months before they were gone from the mass market and before their prices jumped from around 7$ for 100 blades to $40 +. Of course, if people insist in owning these blades your best bet is to buy Wizamets from Ebay, which most people agree that it's the same blade as the Polsilver SI, just a different packaging

Although there are tons of other options, some of which imho are slightly better and of course, much cheaper.
For instance, I find Gillette Nacet Stainless much better than Polsilver SI and it's also a lot cheaper. So these are the options to consider and the rest is up to you, but unless someone can give me a solid proof that the Polsilver SI blades that he's selling were made by the end of 2018 and are indeed original, I wouldn't buy any of them even if they sell 100 blades for 1$ with free shipping.

How are you qualified to say that they never produced blades without "Super Iridium" printed on the blade? The P&G company itself has said that they did - I contacted Consumer Care Poland myself, twice, and they confirmed that they did produce Polsilvers Super Iridium without "Super Irdium" printed on the blade, only "extra stainless" printed.

Also, your experience aside, many long time Polsilver Super Iridium users report no issue with these blades.

Ok. Keep believing in their lies! We have here at B&B a member who works at the Gillette factory in St. Petersburg Russia who clearly said that such blades did not occur there! Do you think he's lying to us? The answer from the consumer care Poland refers to other blades, not the superiridium ones! How do people in Poland explain that they are flooding the market with these blades even today, even though the Gillette factory in Russia has not produced Polsilver blades for some time? Where did the Poles get these blades that have only been made in Russia for years? and why don't the Russians? Why the price of the blades sold by the Poles is only 20 euros 100 pcs? Why would a reputable factory release incorrectly inscribed blades with other fonts? Who to go to the molds and where were the quality controllers? if they wrote on them fuk Putin? did they sell them like that? Do I invite those who have both types of blades to say if they perceive them as different or not? I invite B&B members from Poland to openly express their opinion about these blades! I apologize if what is written bothers someone.

if you consider that these blades are original and cut as well as Superiridium, I will sell you 200 pieces with "only $ 45".

Last edited:
My money is on the first theory. Connaught and WCS are both reputable heavy weights in the industry, but even they can get duped. Earlier in this thread, a B&B member (Mischka) who works in the P&G plant in St. Petersburg made it very clear that real PSIs have 2 wax dots and have "Super Iridium" printed on the blades. Any blade that lacks those two features is almost certainly fake. Caveat emptor.
Mischka can enlighten us if she wants!

The blades in the photos without the resin wax spots and missing the upper Super Iridium imprint were *not* produced at the PPI plant in St. Petersburg. They are 100% Chinese counterfeit imitations.
I would also like to add that no retailer can purchase merchandise directly from any P&G/Gillette/PPI manufacturing facility. Regional distributors under contract are used exclusively and the factories themselves have strict security overseeing all plant operations, twenty four hours a day. This has been necessary for decades, due to the proprietary nature of the manufacturing processes and also for quality control. Regardless of where they are manufactured, you may rest assured that authentic Gillette blades are made to the exact same specifications and are subject to identical quality control supervision and standards.

Top Bottom