What's new

Brush Acquisition Thread

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Shavemac.30 mm.TwoBandSilvertip.640.JPG

New (to me) Shavemac 30 mm Two Band Silvertip (not D01). From the B/S/T.

I've not used it yet as it just arrived today.

Happy shaves,

Jim

BAD is very good... Rubberset 153

Today's wild brush is as close as (well, closer than) I ever expect to get to a NOS Rubberset.
>No scuffs or scratches
>Glossy handle
>White lettering
>Stiff, white banded boar knot (a little dusty)
>Dye on the banding is unfaded - dark and crisp
>A couple little spots of adhesive on the bottom - traces of a price tag? It was not boxed.
03440A92-C0FF-4D7A-A19B-72D51D8C1844.jpeg

6A67B01E-1AB0-4088-81FB-F0FFFF3331EB.jpeg

The modest price flew out of my wallet. Dare I use it?

View attachment 1216685

New (to me) Shavemac 30 mm Two Band Silvertip (not D01). From the B/S/T.

I've not used it yet as it just arrived today.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Shavemac is a brush that I'd like to try one day, but when it comes to the trial and error of finding a badger knot that appeals, I've been on a fairly poor run of form to say the least.

Are their knots available on their own; or must it be a complete brush order?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Shavemac is a brush that I'd like to try one day, but when it comes to the trial and error of finding a badger knot that appeals, I've been on a fairly poor run of form to say the least.

Are their knots available on their own; or must it be a complete brush order?

On their own (according to their website).

Shavemac.30 mm.TwoBandSilvertip.640.JPG

I think my knot is, from what the original owner told me, a special order, custom, extra densely packed non-D01 two band silvertip.

2-2-21.FOCS.ShavemacBrush(New).Vitos.640.JPG

I like the knot a lot. The brush is excellent so far.

Happy shaves,

Jim

On their own (according to their website).

View attachment 1218076

I think my knot is, from what the original owner told me, a special order, custom, extra densely packed non-D01 two band silvertip.

View attachment 1218077

I like the knot a lot. The brush is excellent so far.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Oh really? That's good to hear.

I've visited the site a few times but I've only ever seen the configurator, meaning, a complete brush order.

I received a brush via teade which I'd have most likely never purchased on my own.

It's big, it's sexy and currently out of my control and eating up lather like it's nobody's business.

It would take some time to improve the understanding with the brush.
I'm thinking of calling it Big Bess.

Attachments

• IMG_20210203_135201.jpg
    IMG_20210203_135201.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20210203_192217.jpg
    IMG_20210203_192217.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 36
@B_R_A_D which knot did you go with?

I went with the AP Shave Co 26mm Silk Smoke knot. Supposed to be soft tips and slightly more backbone then the tuxedo and I think it will look good with the handle. I had seen many positive reviews about the Silk Smoke / PAA Roswell grey knot that are supposed to be the same or very similar

They are similar prices but I went with AP Shave Co as I wanted to support a Canadian Company

I went with the AP Shave Co 26mm Silk Smoke knot. Supposed to be soft tips and slightly more backbone then the tuxedo and I think it will look good with the handle. I had seen many positive reviews about the Silk Smoke / PAA Roswell grey knot that are supposed to be the same or very similar

They are similar prices but I went with AP Shave Co as I wanted to support a Canadian Company
Nice one.
Fellow Canadian myself.
Loving the Synbad knot,, which is another highly recommended one. Less backbone but the knot is so dense that it compensates well.

I imagine you may already be familiar with one already though.

Nice one.
Fellow Canadian myself.
Loving the Synbad knot,, which is another highly recommended one. Less backbone but the knot is so dense that it compensates well.

I imagine you may already be familiar with one already though.

I have seen many rave reviews for the Synbad and was debating between the two. I decided on the Silk Smoke for the added backbone. My next knot will likely be a synbad to try

Finally suited up and ready for some test runs
1 reknot and the rest are either newly acquired, have received a different knot, or have been sitting without knots for a while.
20210204_213025.jpg

L-R
- Viking Shave: Castaway iii w/24mm Silvertip from badlands shaving

20210204_220310.jpg
- Viking shave: custom matte white w/26mm Odins beard Silvertip bulb
20210204_220346.jpg

- Bullseye Brushworks: custom handle w/27mm Rhodium hybrid knot
20210204_220101.jpg

- South Florida wetshavers: (2018 LE) Ebonite w/26mm Amack Big Cypress
20210204_220238.jpg

- TF customs w/synthetic
20210204_220542.jpg

- Spiffo: Aeon reknotted with a 26mm AP Shave co Gelousy Fan knot (A2 batch)
20210204_220215.jpg

- Viking shave (yeah....I kinda like his work. Lol) custom with Odins beard 2-band bulb
20210204_220140.jpg

All raised with at least 2 coins as I prefer less backbone for some good painting.

Attachments

• 20210204_220238.jpg
    20210204_220238.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 10

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Oh really? That's good to hear.

I've visited the site a few times but I've only ever seen the configurator, meaning, a complete brush order.

I can't easily find the information on their new site (which I dislike), but it was for sure easily found before they changed the site. Just get in touch with them.

Top Bottom