What's new

Most accurate Creed GIT and Aventus aftershaves

That's weird because I smelled a sample bottle of Platinum and it smelled quite nice. How do you like Aventus? I hear it's very nice but way out of my price range.

Aventus is a nice fragrance, but the hype around it is misleading, I feel. It is not as interesting as other fragrances I enjoy, and the notion of it being a way to magnetize women (the common hype-line) is repugnant to me. It is sweet, a little smokey, and lasts 5-6 hours. For example, I prefer the complexity of Sartorial, or even Terre D'Hermes to Aventus. Then again, I don't particularly like Green Irish Tweed, which many put at the top of their list. I also have Lomani Silver, which is a very good copy of Aventus, though not as rich or as lasting. But it is $25 for 4 oz (or so, it is a big bottle) compared to nearly $300 for a bottle of Aventus. I choose the Lomani as the better value!

I'll check out Lomani. I'll try to see if it De magnetizes women. Aventus magnetizing women can't be worse than the crappy Axe commercials.

Try cold river spring splash it's probably the closest to git and tight buns or git as its called now from razorock are by far the best. For aventus platinum and freedberg. Then gingers garden is another good one. If your looking for just soap or balm check our country club for men fern. It's a damn good git clone

To my likely unsophisticated nose, Fine Platinum, Floid Black and Wm Neumann Absolute Zero are all good copies. With menthol.

What about getting the real stuff? Or accept that you do not want to (or can) spend the (extremely overhyped) prices that Creed asks and move on to another product instead of chasing imitations. There is a whole universe of incredible quality AS/EDT to be explored.

What about getting the real stuff? Or accept that you do not want to (or can) spend the (extremely overhyped) prices that Creed asks and move on to another product instead of chasing imitations. There is a whole universe of incredible quality AS/EDT to be explored.

I don't like the real stuff enough to spend $100 for 2.5 oz balm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom