What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Prep: Shower
Brush: Declaration Grooming Unicorn Bone B9a Jefferson 28mm
Razor: Ever ready Shovelhead
Blade: GEM PTFE (2)
Lather: Declaration Grooming - Son et Lumiere - Soap
Post Shave: Declaration Grooming - Unscented - Liniment
Post Shave: Zingari - Rescue Potion - Serum

Good shave today, not great but good enough. First use with the Shovelhead and it’s my least favorite SE so far, it has significantly less blade feel than any other SE I’ve used and I’m not a huge fan of the angle. I had issues shaving underneath my nose because the angle needed to get a good shave meant that I had issues reaching the area right under my nose. It wasn’t a bad shave, but this isn’t a razor that I see myself reaching for. Son et Lumiere is an urban petrichor that really smells great. It’s a very cool concept that may not be for everyone but I really enjoy it. It’s been super cold so I paired it with some liniment and the Zingari Rescue Potion. Between these amazing balms and serums my skin has been very moisturized all winter long even in the cold dry weather.

Razor: 5/10
Lather: 8/10
Post Shave: 9/10
Overall: 7/10
1AFBE632-4907-4CA6-9F55-E67AC63DD9EF.jpeg

Razor: 1965 Schick Krona
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic - German (6)
Brush: Ever Ready 100T handle with synthetic knot
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts "Druantia"
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts "Druantia"
Rating: 9.7/10 - 30 degree temperature swing over the last two days. Back to cold mornings. Thought this was a 10/10 shave but saw some neck irritation when I got to school. Could just be the horrible lighting.

Thiers-Issard
MDC original
Semogue 1305
Tony Miller Strop
Jnat Shobu Finish
Pinaud Clubman
View attachment 1215090
first use of a MDC soap. nice slickness, mildly scented of Lavender and Rosemary, good but thin lather.

not to knock them, but its my personal opinion that PDP is vastly superior with a thicker and more cushioned lather. Shea butter has some post shave qualities.

with the MDC, the small 50g jar would be good for traveling.

be well all.

camo
That Semogue 1305 looks really well broken in. I think mine needs a little more face time.

20201105_082819.jpg

Razor: Wilkinson Bonded Razor
Blade: Wilkinson Bonded Single Edge Cartridge
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Bay Patchouli Grapefruit
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating Ten. Shaves like an injector! :em2300: :c9:

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Friday late morning shave

Razor: Bartlett & Co.
Brush: Boar
Soap: Via Barberia

A leisurely late morning shave after an early morning ski. Clear in the alpine above the clouds in the valley. A glorious day heading into the weekend. HappyFriday all!
FE12F20E-1BD4-419E-B1AC-6C99CD317092.jpeg

9/10

Friday shave- two pass, 9.5/10, fine DFS+ result, back to getting good shaves! Wednesday's shave was middling, Thursday's was a quick shave after shoveling snow for a couple of hours- I got a nick, too. I hadn't gotten a nick in so long, I couldn't find a styptic.

Pre-shave: face wash, soaked the brush, Stirling Unscented Shave Oil
Razor: Feather AC SS
Blade: Feather Pro (7)-
The blade is shot and was tossed after the shave. I'm glad I decided to use a little oil today since the blade had gotten iffy yesterday. The Prolines seem to last longer for me than the Feather Pros; anyone else having that experience?
Brush: Yaqi Space Badger- I posted about this brush in another thread earlier, so I gave it a go.
Soap: B&M Seville- Nice!
Post-shave: cold water, Weleda Balm and a bit later Clubman for Friday.

Happy weekend!
PXL_20210129_191045882.jpg

My Friday Morning Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Strop: Tony Miller Premium Steerhide Smooth w/ Linen​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Le Grelot 5/8​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red Cream, Sandalwood & Shea Butter​
Brush: Elite Razor Poplar with 24 mm Plisson 2020-07-19​
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Shave Cream Rio Grande Lavender​
Facial Toner: Thayers Original Witch Hazel w/ Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave Balm: Every Man Jack Fragrance Free. Menthyl, chamomile, shea butter, vitamin E​
10/10 DFS! No irritation! No nicks!

proxy.php

Razor: Henson AL13 - medium
Blade: Kai
Brush: Razorock 400
Soap: Signature Soaps Caledonia
Rating: 10

Using the same set up as previously, except now with a Kai blade in place of the Feather.

Had another super smooth, extremely comfortable BBS shave with no irritation. The Kai blade felt
like it kicked up the efficiency a notch. I’m seriously considering getting the “aggressive “ titanium version
as the shaves are so good and it’s so unlike any of my other razors.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20210129
20210129_162301~2.jpg

Razor: Merkur Progress (Setting: 2.0)
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (3)
Brush: Rudy Vey Persian Jar (Shavemac 24mm Finest)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

Three passes + touch-up. No nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

My only razor from 2013 - 2019. Still performs wonderfully and provides a very nice shave. :cool:

Shaved yesterday early so I could have more growth for tonight.
Brush: Simpson’s M7 Best
Blade: Polsilver (3)
Soap: Ethos Greenfresh
Razor: Timeless Ti .95 OC
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger 🐅

This is probably my best grouping hard to beat the brush, blade, soap, or razor.

Incredibly smooth and efficient.

9.5/10
AE112BC2-5B03-4AA0-9268-791A4EC55557.jpeg

Last edited:
Rating: 9.5/10 Fantastic Shave
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89L
Blade: Gillette Rubie (1)
Brush: Chisel and Hound 26mm V9 Fanchurian Badger
Lather: Murphy and McNeil Barbershop De Los Muertos (Kodiak Base)
Aftershave: Murphy and McNeil Barbershop De Los Muertos Aftershave Splash (Alcohol Free)
Aftershave Balm: Murphy and McNeil Barbershop De Los Muertos Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum Block

3 Passes (WTG, XTG & ATG)
+ Close and smooth, BBS except for one spot under jaw / chin
+ No weepers, irritation or ingrowns
- 1 nick on mole on neck that I usually nick due to it’s size, went away with styptic

First time using my Chisel and Hound brush. Oh man, do I love this brush! It looks incredible and it feels great in my hand, perfect size. The Fanchurian V9 Badger knot is amazing. The tips are the softest I’ve used yet, it has great backbone and scrubs well while still being crazy soft. Quickest I’ve ever made lather in a bowl.

BDLM was a nice soap. Light scent when lathering. Like BDLM2, can smell the Kodiak base over the scent, don’t really get that with other soaps. The performance (slickness and cushion) and face feel is so incredible so I don’t mind. Probably the top soap base for me with CK-6. The scent on the aftershave is nice, mild but a manly scent I can’t describe. My wife and I both like it but love BDLM2.

24DD39AE-323A-46C8-901B-B142ADB1F878.jpeg

Top Bottom