What's new

What Are You Reading?

just started Stephen Fry's Mythos. I've been an avid fan of Greek Mythology since I was in 3rd grade with the incredible book D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths (and many others since).

Re a 3BP TV series, I have mixed feelings. I hope they have more luck with making it good than they did with Dune. I thought they did a good job with Enders Game, and I remember being skeptical about that.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I am currently reading Ron Rash's 2008 novel Serena

If you're not familiar with Mr Rash's work, do yourself a favor and go out and buy one of his novels, books of poetry, or short story collections today. You will be glad you did.

1611889138583.png

Just finished The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick.

I really love the series that's on Amazon. It's really fascinating and I've got the novel high on my TBR pile because of the series. In fact, it's higher than The Expanse series. ;)

Cool. Thanks for posting this.

Almost 50 million people play the game globally, it is 2500 years old... and I’ve never heard of it!

Go is a captivating game, if you really look into it. If you are interested in learning, I highly recommend checking out PandaNet, which is a free Tokyo-based international Go server. There are instructional resources there, there are tournaments, and you can live play against other players who are ranked at your level, instead of getting pounded by people who are much higher level than you are.

In fact, I had completely forgotten about PandaNet until you mentioned Go, so I went in and registered a new account for myself, since I don't remember what my old info was. I also have to figure out where my books on Go are. I've got a small board that I played on a bunch of years back, but I can't remember where the books on Go that I had are.

I really love the series that's on Amazon. It's really fascinating and I've got the novel high on my TBR pile because of the series. In fact, it's higher than The Expanse series. ;)

Go is a captivating game, if you really look into it. If you are interested in learning, I highly recommend checking out PandaNet, which is a free Tokyo-based international Go server. There are instructional resources there, there are tournaments, and you can live play against other players who are ranked at your level, instead of getting pounded by people who are much higher level than you are.

In fact, I had completely forgotten about PandaNet until you mentioned Go, so I went in and registered a new account for myself, since I don't remember what my old info was. I also have to figure out where my books on Go are. I've got a small board that I played on a bunch of years back, but I can't remember where the books on Go that I had are.

THANKS. I'll do that. Maybe I'll be better at it than Chess.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
  • "7½ Lessons About the Brain" by Lisa Feldman Barrett.
  • "The Fabric of Civilization" by Virginia Postrel
  • "Slanted" by Sharyl Attkisson

With Crockett and Bowie (1899) by Kirk Munroe. An historical novel set during the Texas struggle for independence from Mexico in the early 1830's. Likely insufferably old-fashioned reading for some of you, but I subsist quite happily on a steady diet of this sort of stuff.
To wit: Henty, Alger, Kingston, Brereton, Optic, Hemyng, Castlemon, Kellogg, Ballantyne, Ellis, Hayens, Manville Fenn...
Crockett and Bowie.jpg

Over the weekend I finished Richard Powers's "The Overstory." My original impression posted in this thread stands; it's an amazing book. It's a very readable story set in the biology and power of trees, and the intertwined relationships of a number of very different people. I loved it.

I've moved on to Susan Cooper's 'Over Sea, Under Stone.'

Top Bottom