What's new

What is your EDC knife?

Legion

Staff member
For whatever reason I decided my daughter "needed" a pink Morakniv Companion. She is not yet two, but "be prepared". LOL.

Anyway, since she is not yet pulling her weight camping I decided to throw it into the "bug out" bag I made for her mum until she is old enough. And I found my old Buck 110 in there! It's been a while since I used that knife, and the brass bits were turning green in the leather sheath. But it's stil sharp, and I'll give it a clean up this week.

I can't EDC it where I live, but it's good to rediscover a knife that served me well when I did carry it every day.

For whatever reason I decided my daughter "needed" a pink Morakniv Companion. She is not yet two, but "be prepared". LOL.

Anyway, since she is not yet pulling her weight camping I decided to throw it into the "bug out" bag I made for her mum until she is old enough. And I found my old Buck 110 in there! It's been a while since I used that knife, and the brass bits were turning green in the leather sheath. But it's stil sharp, and I'll give it a clean up this week.

I can't EDC it where I live, but it's good to rediscover a knife that served me well when I did carry it every day.
Can you carry a slipjoint/non locking Knife? There a nowadays many choices for such jurisdictions.

Todays carry is a Fox Knives Jesper Voxnaes Design: Core in flatground N690 Bohler.

IMG_0266.jpg

Legion

Staff member
Can you carry a slipjoint/non locking Knife? There a nowadays many choices for such jurisdictions.

Todays carry is a Fox Knives Jesper Voxnaes Design: Core in flatground N690 Bohler.

View attachment 1213621

dude, I live in Australia. I can’t carry any knife, at all.

having said that, I now live in a rural area, and am thinking of sporting a multi tool on my belt again, and taking my chances.But nah, yeah. Still illegal.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
dude, I live in Australia. I can’t carry any knife, at all.

having said that, I now live in a rural area, and am thinking of sporting a multi tool on my belt again, and taking my chances.But nah, yeah. Still illegal.
[/QUOTE
Can you have a knife in a car or toolbox? I’ve been reading that there are some legal uses not to include self defense but I guess you’ve got the hassle of explaining the justification

Last edited:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
My knife that I don’t carry every day but use on the water or leave in my bag is (sorry no pictures)
Spyderco Assist Salt Folding Knife with 3.68" H-1 Corrosion-Resistant Stainless Steel Blade

Legion

Staff member
Can you have a knife in a car or toolbox? I’ve been reading that there are some legal uses not to include self defense but I guess you’ve got the hassle of explaining the justification
Well.... Say you are a chef on his way to work with his knife roll, or a carpet layer with his carpet knife in his tool box, the cop probably wouldn't bother busting you since the judge would let you off.

But if a cop searched my car for some reason, and found my swiss army knife, the justification of "they are handy, and it's there just in case" wouldn't constitute a reasonable excuse, and I could probably expect to be in trouble.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I live in Australia as well. I carry a carton/box cutter in my cargo work pants and I work in a Supermarket. If I get pulled up on the way to or from work I am okay. If I am not working and out of my uniform and have the box cutter in my pocket I can be in trouble. It depends on the policeman on the day and what mood he might be in.

Legion

Staff member
I live in Australia as well. I carry a carton/box cutter in my cargo work pants and I work in a Supermarket. If I get pulled up on the way to or from work I am okay. If I am not working and out of my uniform and have the box cutter in my pocket I can be in trouble. It depends on the policeman on the day and what mood he might be in.
And avoiding doing anything that might encourage them to make you empty your pockets on the side of the road. What they don't know doesn't hurt them.

Now that I live in the country I'm thinking of carrying my Leatherman on my belt again. Country cops are usually a bit more relaxed about that sort of thing, but I might even ask them where I stand first. If it is on my belt it is not a "Concealed weapon", and being a multitool, they might be ok with it. The worst they can say is no.

And if one says it's ok, and then another tries to bust me later, I can say "officer Blogs said it was OK, when I went to the station to ask on this date..."

Last edited:
And avoiding doing anything that might encourage them to make you empty your pockets on the side of the road. What they don't know doesn't hurt them.

Now that I live in the country I'm thinking of carrying my Leatherman on my belt again. Country cops are usually a bit more relaxed about that sort of thing, but I might even ask them where I stand first. If it is on my belt it is not a "Concealed weapon", and being a multitool, they might be ok with it. The worst they can say is no.

And if one says it's ok, and then another tries to bust me later, I can say "officer Blogs said it was OK, on this date..."
Without going into all that „this is ridiculous etc.“. How do you cope in your daily life? It would be an absolute pain for me to not have something handy not even a SAK Classic.

Legion

Staff member
Without going into all that „this is ridiculous etc.“. How do you cope in your daily life? It would be an absolute pain for me to not have something handy not even a SAK Classic.
Well, I won't say I carry one anyway and take my chances, but....

When I was an eight year old cub scout I was REQUIRED to carry one, now as an adult I am not allowed. I even sometimes carry a cubscout knife, to make the point. I only need a small slipjoint knife for 90% of my knife chores.

Top Bottom