What's new

Anyone just shave one pass?

Does anyone stick to one pass shaving? One lather only? I just tried one ATG pass today, not satisfactory, but I may try some single WTG shaved. I'm not fussy about closeness.

Lately I’ve been doing more 1 pass wtg shaves, but only because it allow me to shave the next day. If I do a 3 pass bbs shave I’m hard pressed to justify waiting less than 40 hrs before revisiting a razor. And I’ve got to use up some of my supplies!

I typically go with a 2 pass WTG/XTG. But I do go for a 1 pass sometimes, if I'm in a hurry or have had a bit of irritation on previous shaves. When I do, I get a good enough shave.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

No; I've tried it once or twice, but it wasn't good for my skin to go over and over the same patch of face, as the lather disappears. My cheeks are usually 90% clean-shaven with one pass, but my chin and especially my neck need three full passes, with fingertips checking my work, before I get a comfortable shave. I like it; slow and calming, with results I can feel as they occur.

Yes, but it's hardly worth it. It takes at least 2 minutes to wet my face and build some lather. Cleanup after shaving takes a minute. Each pass takes a minute. So a one-pass shave is 4 minutes and a three-pass shave is 6 minutes. I usually take longer of course, but if I'm in a hurry, that will do it. No big advantage to a one-pass shave for me.

I've tried a one-pass shave a few times, but didn't care for the results; the shaves felt incomplete. If I am going to spend time gathering my gear and loading the brush, I might as well go ahead and reward myself with a "proper" multi-pass shave. If I'm in a hurry, I'll probably skip the shave altogether; not many of my past hurried shaves have ended well for me.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I do one pass, but usually with some cleanup. I like steep ATG for single pass shaves, but my skin likes shallow ATG and prefers neutral to shallow WTG even more.

I've done one pass shaves, but only when I was rushing to get out the door. I've tried separate single pass WTG and ATG shaves. WTG is a little more comfortable, but the ATG is a little closer.

If at all possible, I prefer a 2 or 3 pass shave.

Every day. I always do a single XTG pass. It works fine for me, though only because I typically shave every day. I would do more but tends to be rough on my skin, and multiple passes are simply not worth that.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom