What's new

Ach. Brito Mogno, a new Old School classic

Just got done ordering a bar of this MONGO Soap. Really like the Musgo Real Classic Hard soap and was lucky enough to pick that up from Maggards for $12 some time ago. It had a bad rap from reformulation and bought it on a whim one day while browsing the shop at Maggards. Without reading any reviews first it was a gamble that thankfully payed off and have sang it's praise ever since the 1st shave. If this Mongo is the same base you can't go wrong IMO and am looking forward to checking out the scent.

Thanks everyone for triggering my SAD (which had layed dormant pretty much all year) as well as all this wonderful information about this classic brand!

Mogno showed up today from a Black Friday order...(tube, cream)

This stuff us excellent!

Great perfomance AND scent. Ticks all the boxes for me....

I also used the Mongo soap for yesterdays shave and had a swell shave. The scent is a bit hard to describe but would say it is a peppery spicy cologne like scent.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I have refrained from posting about this soap until I had it dialed in.

This is a marvelous soap that cannot be beat for the price.

It took me awhile to get the ratio of water to soap correct. Even though I am using the Marco method, this soap does not call for much lather.

Once I got the lather down, I found that this soap delivers ample slickness and protection. Maybe not quite as slick as my favorite, B&M, but certainly slick enough.

One interesting point is that this soap is really easy to wash off my face. I don't have to get in the shower again, which I have to do with B&M.

Overall the soap is a real winner

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I have refrained from posting about this soap until I had it dialed in.

This is a marvelous soap that cannot be beat for the price.

It took me awhile to get the ratio of water to soap correct. Even though I am using the Marco method, this soap does not call for much lather.

Once I got the lather down, I found that this soap delivers ample slickness and protection. Maybe not quite as slick as my favorite, B&M, but certainly slick enough.

One interesting point is that this soap is really easy to wash off my face. I don't have to get in the shower again, which I have to do with B&M.

Overall the soap is a real winner

With my order of the Ach Brito shave soap, I placed an order for Musgo Real bath soap. This is the best soap I have ever used. It smells just marvelous, is very cheap for its quality, and does not cause an eczema flare up. Like the shave soap, it washes clean very easily. I will definitely be placing another order.

Many thanks @Marco!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
With my order of the Ach Brito shave soap, I placed an order for Musgo Real bath soap. This is the best soap I have ever used. It smells just marvelous, is very cheap for its quality, and does not cause an eczema flare up. Like the shave soap, it washes clean very easily. I will definitely be placing another order.

Many thanks @Marco!

Sir, if you love the scent of the Musgo Real bath soap and the performance of the Ach. Brito Mogno shaving soap, then I strongly suggest adding to your den the superb Musgo Real shaving soap. :001_wub:

20201029_092806.jpg

Ach. Brito has a new shaving soap, called Musgo (not to be confused with Musgo Real).
As they don't provide the ingredient list in the website, I directly asked for it. I attached the technical file provided (in Portuguese).
Good discovery! I especially like how the tech info lists the ingredient percentages. That gives a fair idea of what the soap would be like in use.

Had a terrific shave with Mongo the other day. Very unusual rectangular shaped soap, and the scent of this stuff is fantastic! High end slightly spicy Cologne that is well blended and complex yet not heavy or cloying. Was a big fan fo the Musgo Real shave puck but this Mongo is giving it a run for the money, although both are worth checking out IMO especially since they are triple milled and will last forever.

Anybody already used the Mogno cream?

Yes. The cream comes out a little bit thick. In the beginning, I thought it could harden up inside the tube, so I moved it to a empty container and let it cure. Unfortunately this was a mistake. The cream is a little bit thick but it doesn't become hard like, for example, Proraso or TOBS. So, in insight, it was a mistake or uneccessary move.
Nevertheless, the performance was excellent, very very slick cream. I might have used more cream when loading in the container (take that in mind).
Finally, it doesn't smell as nice as the soap, it's more subdued.

Top Bottom