What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" January 18th - January 24th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Karve stainless SB-Aplate
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Brush: Semogue 830 (face lathered)
Bowl: Timeless (only for soaking/cleaning today)
Soap: Cella EEB
A/S: Old Spice Pure Sport
Wanted to test out the SB-A plate. It was very smooth, however not as close as I get with the B or C plates. OC-A plate is on deck for tomorrow’s shave.
115F9552-8CF4-4B9D-985D-234534865F04.jpeg

Wed 20th SOTD with New Razor & Soap
Soap
Stirling Pumpkin Spice - Ooooo smell so delicious!!
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor Yaqi Dual Comb with Nice Patterned handle
Blade PearlMax (Y) Stainless 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Wow...Stirling soaps sure deliver, especially for the scent. The smell off-puck & during lathering was fantastically delicious... hahaha. My wife thought it's some tasty snacks. Really unique scent! More than mild strength but not overpowering. Absolutely smell like something tasty. Creamy and slickness too.
Shave with this dual comb razor paired with the blade was great. The overall feel of the razor is mild but surprisingly the OC side is milder than the SB side. Shave with OC for the left side & SB for the right. Very smooth and comfortable 3pass without any issues for a BBS result. Very surprised with the efficiency & that with a low-ranked blade! If using a better blade...mmm
Enjoyed this shave with the delicious soap and good razor (with a nice handle)! Rating 10/10!
20210120_094342.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
DC1DFF18-8F5E-4950-913D-9AF3E294F456.jpeg

1) Germany: Brush Vintage Muhle Erzeugnisse Shaving Brush.
2) United Kingdom: Shave Gel Prince Sensitive Shave Gel.
3) Multinational: Razor Prince Maximum 2 disposable. Blades made in the USA, Assembled in Mexico and packaged in China.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Australia: Aftershave Balm Prince Sensitive Aftershave Balm.
6) Spain: Cologne Adidas Ice Dive Cologne.

Yesterday i had great and refreshing shave using my new Gillette Slim on my setting 5 for a third time what a great shaver very nice and smooth,Very happy with this shave,Arko shaving soap is very good for very cheap price,lather and scent,At the end Osma alum to make sure i don't get some irritations and Pitralon classic with menthol kick and Ceder oil what a great smell and Nivea sensitive balm,Wish you all nice day and thanks for reading! ✌

20210119_183750-01.jpeg

SOTD (020/2021)
20-01-2021

>> Shave Roulette <<

20210120_092106.jpg

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue Owners Club 2-band badger
Soap: Zingari Man ~ The Explorer
Razor: Fatip Open Comb Slant
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless (3)
Postshave: frigd tap water, Zingari Man psb

Today is the inauguration day – of Zingari Man´s “The Explorer” in my den.

The scent is very close in terms if dublicating the fragrance - I'm smelling devine now... lovely scent!

Did I mention that the go-FOCS is a splendid razor?

Happy shaves, gents!

Last edited:
SOTD, Wednesday January 20, 2021

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (5,5,3)
Blade: Voskhod (4)
Brush: AP Shave Company 24 mm Flattop w/ Elegant Emerald Handle
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Long Rifle Soap Company Brown Bess
Aftershave: Proraso Eucalyptus and Menthol
Additional Care:
Alum Block
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
cold water splash
Burberry Britt
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

5CB35C74-A140-4CE3-8895-EB466BE6D7AD.jpeg

Pre:-
Razor: Gillette pre-war Gold Tech
Blade: Gillette Minora stainless 1st use
Brush: Shavemac Pure
Soap: Colonel Conk Bay Rum
Result: DFS+

25 swirls on the bloomed soap and facelathering was a breeze. The Shavemac Pure has no scritch and unfortunately also not as much backbone as I have become to like. The new Gillette Minora stainless is a decent blade, not the sharpest nor the smoothest but gets the job done without a fuss. It’s a middle of the pack PPI blade. So if you get some for a good price try them out but don’t spend a fortune on them.

4F4E3DC4-71D2-464F-867B-36C7562EBF93.jpeg

SOTD WEDNESDAY MORNING, JANUARY 20, 2021

This morning’s dome shave featured my too long neglected Le Coq Cagehead safety razor. This French Safety razor has a fixed non-adjustable Cagehead, unlike the French Famex and Razvite. It is a very efficient shaver that requires the user’s total attention to the process as I found out this morning. I was listening to the Traveling Wilburys “Handle With Care” during the shave, and should have done so.

The blade feel on this French safety razor is exquisite, and I was really enjoying myself on the second ATG pass of my normal two pass noggin shave when I found myself unconsciously shaving in rhythm to the beat. Not a good practice for shaky old men as I discovered, nicking the top of my left ear and removing a very small piece of epidermis. It required both styptic and direct pressure to stop the bleeding. Pure operator error and a well deserved admonishment from the shave gods put me in my place.

The mug shave was an entirely different story! Simmons Hardware of St. Louis, was founded in 1874 by Edward Simmons. The company's stock consisted of many items, including ammunition, knives, mincers, wires, and even dog collars. They defined its products saying, "If you can't eat it, and it don't pour or fold, it's hardware". Their well-respected ‘Keen Kutter’ brand of straight razor was but one of 800 products under that label.

The Simmons Hardware 4/8 selected for this morning’s mug shave has a German Solingen blade. The original horn scales on this sleek little razor were badly chipped and insect eaten. So they were replaced. The trend in modern straight razor design is toward shave hatchets greater than 8/8. I’ve never shaved with anything wider than 8/8. But what I do know is that this petite 4/8 blade is a delight to shave with and the Solingen steel has really retained the Naniwa 12k/jasper stone edge I put on it. Three buttery smooth passes left me feeling chastened, clean and velveteen smooth!

RAZOR: Simmons Hardware 4/8 (Mug), Le Coq Cagehead (Dome)
BLADE: Kai DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Rooney Ebony Pure Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Williams Aqua Velva (Spanish Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom