What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Sunday shave Jan 17th 2021, having a little fun with the New Razorock Lupo .72 2nd Generation razor, Still testing the mid range non threatening easy to use DE razor. Not sure how they engineered this shaving jewel to get great results and still shave with comfort. I thought I would put the razor through some more paces and performed some buffing, also J hooking and of course the Lupo slide :001_smile (Gillette slide) for those who are not familiar with that manoeuvre. The razor passed those manoeuvres with no issues and so to me it is a winner if a person wants a solid mid range easy going razor. I think it could be a daily driver easily for my beard type but only on day 2 of at least 7 consecutive shaves! I could have a grail razor but still would get bored and use some of my many other razors (40 + razors as if I need another one, this will be last one[emoji38]). I have three Razorock stainless steel razors now and it is just as good or possibly better than the lot, time will tell what I reach for the most.

Razor: Razorock Lupo.72 2nd generation -MFG 2021, excellent mid range with all the charteristic of a good razor head. Easy to handle and manipulate on the face. Smooth and very efficient IMO.
Blade: Gillette Astra SP(2) it is my standard blade for testing and comparing any other blades. Sharp & Smooth priced well also. Good longevity.
Soap: Razorock XXX- great clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm- This synthetic is my oldest synthetic brush used and has soft tips with a nice back bone for a scrub & a good lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:Excellent shave with new RR Lupo.72 + Gillette Astra SP blade.
Sunday DE shave, Jan 17th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!
[emoji106] I have some RR razors too, not sure how many, and I can't think of one I don't like off hand. I know an older one that's one of my favorites is the Mission. I have the Lupo. 72 head on order. I have some idle handles already. Enjoy reading your review of it. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

20210116_081931.jpg

Razor: Schick I2 Hydro-Magic Injector Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Brandy Spice
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating Ten.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
[emoji106] I have some RR razors too, not sure how many, and I can't think of one I don't like off hand. I know an older one that's one of my favorites is the Mission. I have the Lupo. 72 head on order. I have some idle handles already. Enjoy reading your review of it. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
I was looking at the Razorock chart( a quick reference) for their razors aggression and they had the Mission just below mid range aggression and the one I have is much more in the mid range aggression with excellent efficentcy. So I can see your opinion is align with mine also, it is a great razor but gains not much attention, it even comes with a stainless handle bonus.
If you like the mission zamic head razor you more than likely going to really enjoy the RR Lupo .72 IMO > pure 316 stainless & quality
workmanship IMO.

Pre Shave: Warm shower, Glycerin Soap Face Wash, Crown Pre Shave Gel
Razor: OneBlade Genesis
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (1)
Brush: Zenith 506A Manchurian
Soap: PAA Planet Phoenix
Post Shave: Cold water rinse, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, TOBS Sandalwood AS
Rating: 10/10 Excellent three pass BBS shave. One tiny weeper, my fault, cured with a quick swipe of Alum Stick, no irritation and no cuts. Excellent Shave! Went back to the OneBlade as I have said, it just works.

Today's shave

Razor: Gillette Pre-War Fat Handle Tech
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black SP (8)
Soap: Mike's Orange, Cedarwood and Black Pepper
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Purple Haze Mew Brown synthetic
Aftershave: Pitralon Classic

Rating: 10/10

Another great BBS shave, this blade is still outstanding on day 8! Now I'm ready for another day NFL playoffs!

Razor: RazoRock Mamba 70
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Lather: Cella Extra Extra Bio + Neutrogena Sensitive Shave Skin Cream for men
Aftershave: Cold water rinses

No nicks: 5
No irritation: 5
Closeness: 5
Smoothness: 5

Overall rank: 10/10

Very good shave. Very close and pleasant shave.

YMMV

4th (and final) Quarantine Shave

Pre-shave: Shower/hot washcloth/PAA The Cube
Razor: Gillette P4 Super Speed
Blade: Battle Brothers
Brush: Simpson 58 SE Badger Tortoiseshell
Soap: Fine American Blend
Bowl/Mug: 3D printed bowl
Post Shave: Sea Breeze/Fine American Blend/The Ordinary hyaluronic acid drops
AS: Fine American Blend

48is hours of growth

Ah, a dang fine Fine final quarantine shave (maybe I should have used F Bomb with all the F's in this sentence). Tomorrow is my last day stuck at home. Today will be an afternoon of watching football.
Today was a complete change up of hardware, so I wasn't sure if the shave was going to be quite as good as the last several shaves, but it was. Seems I finally have gotten my technique down with DEs. Might have to break out the super aggressive Battle Brothers MKII and give it a spin.
My sense of smell is still iffy. When I was shaving, I couldn't really smell the Fine, and with the AS on, it comes and goes.
My daughter had COVID about 2 weeks before I did (didn't get it from her, as she lives 2 hours away), and she still hasn't fully recovered he sense of smell. She also wet shaves (she has a small collection of Lady Gillettes), and misses the full scent of the software she uses. Hope this side effect passes soon for both of us.

Had one weeper on my first pass, and a few red dots, but they didn't need any attention.
The Fine soap made an incredible lather.
Still not sold on Simpson. It works well, but I don't see the hype at the price point. I picked it up lightly used, so I didn't pay retail, but it was still pricy.
Post shave was a wipe down with Sea Breeze, which resulted in a nice burn, followed by the Fine AB balm with 3 drops of The Ordinary hyaluronic acid added. After I let it absorb for about 5 minutes, I added a little Fine AB splash.
Post shave feel is perfectly smooth WTG, and a hint of sandpaper ATG on my neck. Overall a df+Fs.

No nicks: 4.9
No irritation: 5
Closeness: 4.9
Smoothness: 5
Overall average: 9.9
17th.jpg

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Sunday morning shave

Razor: Torrey Razor Co.
Brush: Synthetic Black and White
Soap: TOBS Royal Forest

A wonderful shave. Royal Forest and Brut pair quite nicely IMHO. The big synth really holds a lot of product. Football on the agenda today. Happy Sunday!

E89DC96E-FBF1-487A-BB4B-85126DE95D06.jpeg

9/10

Sunday shave- two-pass, 9/10, fine result, no nicks, one little weeper, no irritation. Smooth but nothing near yesterday's glasslike shave.

Razor: Feather AC SS Japanese style-
this SS is may end up becoming my favorite handle
Blade: Proline P-30 (2)- new blade harshness is gone, smooth, sharp and close
Brush: Zenith Euro boar- A basic budget brush. The Zenith P2 with a teak handle has been surprisingly nice. The knot in the P2 I received punches way above its weight class. Not so this Euro; the styling of the Euro and weight in hand are great, but in use it reminds me of a cheap drugstore brush, think VDH, in performance. The brush held enough lather for a little more than one solid pass, and I had to go back to the puck for pass two. I know, it's only a $10 brush, but after the P2 was so surprisingly good, I had hopes this one would be as well. The knot specs are the same, 21mm x 57mm, bleached boar. I was hoping the knot in the Euro would be as good as the P2. Maybe, I just got lucky with the P2. I'll lather the Euro up a few more times in the future, give it some soaks and towel rubbing, and use my trick of last resort- a hairdryer on high to the tips after an ice water soak, to see if I can help it out. But so far, despite its good looks and feel in hand, this example is not a winner.
Soap: Proraso Green- a very satisfyingly lather
Post shave: cool rinse, alum on the weeper, then a healthy splash of Humphrey's WH. After the WH dried, I used some Aubrey Organics Spice Island I found in the back of the cupboard. Too bad this AS was discontinued, because it's an all natural mix of bay rum and vetiver and is simple, but pleasing.

May your shaves help make your day!
PXL_20210117_200917357.jpg

Today was a test wanted to see if I could use a Feather Blade with my Ti. .95 SS Scalloped.

Feather Blade (2)
Timeless SS Scalloped .95 Razor
Zenith 505AK Manchurian Brush
MDC Fougere Soap
Captains Copper Bowl

3 pass shave, WTG, XTG, ATG

No buffing while shaving, No going over areas twice, just nice smooth long strokes with a light touch.

Was amazed how good of a shave it was with so little work, refrained from going over my trouble spots twice, sometimes I think I go over areas more than is necessary and end up with irritation.

I would not call it BBS, but it was a DFS, now I know how to use the. .95 with a Feather, next time I will know that to do exactly the same thing only when done I can give my two trouble spots one more pass and be ok.

Great shave. 9/10
FB409B01-FB0E-4171-8F19-9176F2CFDCA6.jpeg

My Sunday Afternoon Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Strop: Tony Miller Premium Steerhide Smooth w/ Linen​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: ERN 1915​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso White Cream For Sensitive Skin, Green Tea & Oat​
Brush: Elite Razor Poplar - 24 mm Plisson​
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Shave Cream Rio Grande Lavender​
Facial Toner: Thayers Alcohol-Free Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave Balm: Proraso White Alcohol Free After Shave Balm for Sensitive Skin, Green Tea & Oat​
9.6/10 No irritation! One minor nick....
  • A very close shave overall!
  • I was hoping for a little better above the corners of my upper lip - my consistent SR trouble area...
proxy.php

- Prep: Shower
- Brush: Spiffo Barel Super Badger
- Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
- Blade: Gillette Minora SS (yellow)
- Soap: Stirling Tangerine
- Aftershave: Nivea Deep
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose and Hyaluronic Acid

Not a bad shave as this Minora blade was much better than the first one I used. Maybe the first blade was off or it is one of those blades that varies greatly by razor.

Stirling Tangerine is excellent. Lathers well and smells amazing. I don’t like the neon orange colour as it could stain bristles, but this is great if you like fruit scented soaps.

8.5/10

Top Bottom