What's new

Hmmm, ARKO: Like going through an industrial carwash

If I run out of 20+ other soaps, there's always my last 1/2 Arko stick...or I can just grow a beard. I used to have 2 Arko sticks, but I tossed one under my shed years back to chase the groundhogs & skunks out, before I chicken-wired the perimeter so they couldn't get back in. Don't laugh, it worked.

My wife didn't like the scent when I had her give the stick a sniff, but I've never gotten any complaints if I use it and just don't say anything. She always likes the scent of my face after the Aqua Velva goes on.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
If I run out of 20+ other soaps, there's always my last 1/2 Arko stick...or I can just grow a beard. I used to have 2 Arko sticks, but I tossed one under my shed years back to chase the groundhogs & skunks out, before I chicken-wired the perimeter so they couldn't get back in. Don't laugh, it worked.
THIS explains why I no longer get kisses from groundhogs!

Skunks still try to kiss me though....must be I don't shave enough...

I used Arko this morning, and am still here to tell about it!

The stuff just smells like fresh soap, and it lathers up very well and provides slickness galore. But the packaging is a problem. I followed the suggestion above to tape up the cylinder to keep the red wrapper mostly intact, but the foil I had to tear a bit to expose the soap, and I don't know how well I'll be able to rewrap it. The stuff really needs a "candlestick holder" like La Toja or (the gold standard) Tabac.

Maybe I could cut a thin slice off the top and lather it in my scuttle? I'll use it up faster, but it'll be more convenient.

The stuff just smells like fresh soap, and it lathers up very well and provides slickness galore. But the packaging is a problem. I followed the suggestion above to tape up the cylinder to keep the red wrapper mostly intact, but the foil I had to tear a bit to expose the soap, and I don't know how well I'll be able to rewrap it. The stuff really needs a "candlestick holder" like La Toja or (the gold standard) Tabac.

Maybe I could cut a thin slice off the top and lather it in my scuttle? I'll use it up faster, but it'll be more convenient.
It’s quite mallable so if you have an empty soap tub or mug just press it in.

In another thread Farmer Tan suggested using an empty pharmacy pill bottle to hold the Arko stick. I'll check the fit of the empty bottle I have when I get home tonight.

Arko is basically my go-to, now. The puck seems to last forever and it doesn't seem to clog the drain like Proraso. Smell? I haven't even noticed. I'm splashing right after I finish.

I may suggest the following for home use; after putting out the packaging, you may rub the Arko Stick between your hands, this will help to warm the stick and stick became softer. Then fold it 2-3 times like a dough on hard surface. Now it is ready to press in to bowl or mug. I pressed mine into a deep ceramic mug. I am using a coffee cup's cap to cover the ceramic mug in oredr to keep pressed soap clean.

For the trips I suggest to use an aluminum foil to wrap the Arko stick and put into a small ziplock food storage bag.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
So that's what's been keeping me out of the bathroom

Has anyone tried to repurpose a La Toja stick container for an Arko stick? Will it fit?

They sell tubes on Amazon designed for deodorant, Arko (as well as others like Derby), fit perfectly in them. Maggard's sells them as well for like 2.99 USD.

FarmerTan

They sell tubes on Amazon designed for deodorant, Arko (as well as others like Derby), fit perfectly in them. Maggard's sells them as well for like 2.99 USD.
That's more than the cost of the Arko! I just save deodorant containers. Of course I do wash them first. I don't want to spread any body lice onto my face ya know!

Used my Arko stick again this morning. The scent seemed as though it has mutated. Today I got a whiff of stale corn chips! Not unpleasant, and the soap still performs like a wonder, but --!

Of course I'm the guy who thinks Stirling's Sharp Dressed Man aftershave and cologne smell like Cheerios.

FarmerTan

Used my Arko stick again this morning. The scent seemed as though it has mutated. Today I got a whiff of stale corn chips! Not unpleasant, and the soap still performs like a wonder, but --!

Of course I'm the guy who thinks Stirling's Sharp Dressed Man aftershave and cologne smell like Cheerios.
In my professional opinion, you need to see an EENT doctor ASAP!

Top Bottom