What's new

2021 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Shave Trek

05AECD91-B5E3-41E8-AC36-1BCC92ABCC0E.jpeg

💈 Molto Buona!💈

I really like the scent of Tabac. I use several of their products. To be it is a combination of powdery and lightly floral.

I do enjoy the soap's scent, too.
Sometimes, I add a single drop of orange eo to the prepared lather, if I'm not in the mood for the powdery notes. The eo adds freshness but maintains the darker scent notes which I really like.
However, I prefer to pair the soap with other non-Tabac post shave products.

Anyways, it's a splendid soap.

Last edited:
SOTD (016/2021)
16-01-2021

>> Shave Roulette <<

20210116_170645.jpg

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue Owners Club 2-band badger
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ "Citrus Blast" (JAHE's mix)
Razor: Razorock Gamechanger .84 Jaws
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Germany (2)
Postshave: frigd tap water, Nivea 2in1 AS.

Today's spin in the B&B Shave Roulette brought up Stirling's Lime. It's a crisp interpretation of a lime scent without being sharp. I truly enjoy this fresh scent - just as it is. Nevertheless, I recently wondered if Lime does pair nicely with Stirling's Orange Chill and Lemon Chill... and the idea of "Citrus Blast" was born.

I quite liked the results of this mix scent-wise. It smelled close to a mentholated version of Dr. John's Hydra (which has an outstanding and ultra fresh citrus scent imho).

Needless to say that the menthol sting of this Stirling soap mix was amazing... After having rinsed the soap off with ice cold tap water (we have temperatures in the lower thirties today) I now feel absolutely reFRESHed.

In the next attempt of pairing these soaps I will continue to improve the ratio of the soaps (more Lime, less Lemon chill), I might add some glacial Satsuma, too, or just some pure blood orange eo.

I know, I just could have ordered a tub of Hydra instead. But my approach means way more fun and in line with the idea of our mission...

JAHE - still in

Last edited:
Crewman #42 checking in with shave #16

Today's mix was:
Proraso Green
Omega Jade
Muhle R103
ASCO (6th use)
Tabac AS

A 10/10 shave today. Razor and blade combo remains excellent (I was going to bin the blade but will stick with it) and this soap ALWAYS delivers for me.

Resupply is all stored and ready to go. I have been able to use the Cella a number of times and have become a fan. It seems to take a little finagling to get the right amount of water into it, but the last couple of days it has been very good. Adding enough water to get it to a floppy peak, just shy of too wet on the brush seems to be to right set up. Scent is very mild but nice an the after shave feel is excellent. Frankly, if I had to use nothing else, I would not be suffering. Mitchells Wool Fat is the other new soap that I will try and I will be interested in comparing. I have enough Proraso Red and Arko now to get variety through the restraint.
I have acted on my exception but I may have a rules violation on which I will defer to the moderators. My declared exception is a long handled Black Beauty. I found a very nice Black Beauty from the time that I graduated high school and joined the service but it is standard length. The date connection was more valuable to me than the handle length and the razor's condition is very nice. With arthritis in my thumbs sometimes impacting my grip, the long handle is less desirable. I find that now when using my Parker 76R which is 4" and others that are 3". Bottom line, the intent was to acquire a Black Beauty and this one meets/exceeds my need. If that is not a terminatable offense, I am ready for the remainder of the year. I plan to maintain restraint either way. Good luck to all.

Top Bottom