What's new

Simpsons Eagle G3

Hey there lads,

I’ve been using 2 identical Semogue OC mixed in the past two years. Love them to bits! Bought a couple of synthetics lately which I’m not very fond of.
Probably because some lack of diversity (read excitement) I’ve ordered some Simpsons in the past weeks. I already had 2 Simpsons, a Chubby 2 in super which I sold (I face lather, it was too big for my liking) and a Special in pure, my very first brush, which I offered to a good friend.
The first one to arrive is the Eagle G3 in pure, which was more of a compulsive buying.
What a pleasant surprise! I am so happy I got it!!! Why didn’t I ever consider this brush before?
It’s perfectly sized for small hands like mine, perfect for face lathering and it has one of the most practical handles I’ve seen (plus it’s pure class)! Yes, i wish it would be a bit denser but hey, it’s only the first shave, I’m sure we’ll get to know each other better! [emoji4]
(With this in the back of my mind, I’ve ordered another one in Super, hoping to be a bit more packed. I wouldn’t mind a bit of extra softness either. We’ll see...)

What’s your experience with this brush?

proxy.php

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have my G3 Pure only for a short time but like it very much. I come from the boar side of things and love some scrub. Others will chime in soon but what I learned from here is that Simpsons Super is cloudlike whereas Manchurian gives you density, backbone and scrub. So if you seek softness Super is the right choice.
44612B54-1CC7-463A-93B9-90BFB837F3E5.jpeg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
The G3 might be the most comfortable handle to hold. I like the density of the Pure knot, and the luxurious softness of the Super, which is set low enough not to be floppy. I have two G3s in Pure, two in Super, and one G2 in Pure. In a collection of about 25 badgers I reach for an Eagle at least once a week.

Eagle G2.jpg
Pure Eagles.jpeg
G3 1.jpeg

I love the handle, but I only remember it in pure when it first came out. My first brush was a pure and I wanted no part of it.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I enjoy my Pure Eagle 3 when it comes up, and have considered getting another brush in Pure Badger - great scrub. But I've realized I need to avoid buying more brushes of any sort until some of these find their way to others' dens ..

I think a Duke 3 in Pure would be nice, though the advertised "normal" loft is higher than the Eagle's .. I also have one of Ken's Moe's which resembles the Eagle handle, albeit in a softer two band hair

Last edited:
Hey there lads,

I’ve been using 2 identical Semogue OC mixed in the past two years. Love them to bits! Bought a couple of synthetics lately which I’m not very fond of.
Probably because some lack of diversity (read excitement) I’ve ordered some Simpsons in the past weeks. I already had 2 Simpsons, a Chubby 2 in super which I sold (I face lather, it was too big for my liking) and a Special in pure, my very first brush, which I offered to a good friend.
The first one to arrive is the Eagle G3 in pure, which was more of a compulsive buying.
What a pleasant surprise! I am so happy I got it!!! Why didn’t I ever consider this brush before?
It’s perfectly sized for small hands like mine, perfect for face lathering and it has one of the most practical handles I’ve seen (plus it’s pure class)! Yes, i wish it would be a bit denser but hey, it’s only the first shave, I’m sure we’ll get to know each other better! [emoji4]
(With this in the back of my mind, I’ve ordered another one in Super, hoping to be a bit more packed. I wouldn’t mind a bit of extra softness either. We’ll see...)

What’s your experience with this brush?

proxy.php

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Great looking brush! That handle is definitely tempting!! :punk: :punk:

I was concerned I might not like the handle as a long-time bowl latherer. Wrong. Every single time I use the eagle it's like … so uh … that was great! It actually started me transitioning to mostly face lathering these days.

G3 in two-band. I will probably get an ivory Super some day because … weak.

Top Bottom