Preshave Preparation: Hot Shower with an MWF face wash
Preshave: Proraso White Preshave
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Brush: West Coast Shaving Ancient Stone synthetic
Bowl: Savanna Shave Scuttle
Razor: Rockwell 6S with plate 4
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless shave 6
Aftershave Treatment: Nivea for Sensitive Skin
The Shave: Today’s shave was interrupted by my little dog. In the middle of making the lather, she just had to go outside. When I returned 20 minutes later, the lather looked dry, so I tried rehydrating it and whipping it up again. While the lather was slick, it was runny and flew all over the place. I performed a two pass shave XTG & ATG rinsing my face with warm water in between passes and cold water after the last pass. I then ran the alum block over my face. There was very little stinging. I then cleaned my brush and then washed off the alum with cold water. An application of Nivea and no EDT this morning.
The Results: The shave was surprisingly smooth even though the lather was a mess. 5 hours later I still don’t feel any stubble except on my problem area and that was probably because I missed it.

Wednesday, 1/13

20210113_170422.jpg

Razor - Merkur 34C
Blade - Supermax Platinum
Brush - Leonidam "Bishop" 26mm 2-band
Soap - Grooming Dept Incense & Oud
A/S - Cremo Reserve

Been a while since I used this brush; I liked it a lot more this time around. The lather from the Fortis base was really low structure, but I've also been focusing on getting my lathers really wet lately, and it was tremendous. Even practically sopping, it still left terrific residual. I had to try this blade in my standard, the 34C. It was quite good; not as smooth as my preferred Astras, but still did a great job.

Thursday, 1/14

20210114_134707.jpg

Razor - Rockwell 6S, R6
Blade - Astra SS
Brush - Grizzly Bay "Deluxe" 26mm Declaration B9B
Soap - Grooming Dept Incense & Oud
A/S - Cremo Reserve

I decided to try the Rockwell on R6 today, and was rewarded with a very close shave, and it was almost as smooth as the R5. I enjoyed the GD so much I had to use it a consecutive day. Great scent and elite base. The lather is becomes glistening and dripping wet when hydrated. I really hope he keeps putting stuff out in this base at this price point. Feeling awesome.

Good evening, sirs.

There are some scents that comes to me in a way I think they're proper for the summer. Theorically scents for the summer, including this B&M with passion fruit and blood orange that to me is perfect in winter. Warm, seductive, is like a coat. Love it.

You'll have anige night

proxy.php

Thursday shave

E02E5EDC-BE8F-42F1-A024-520E56577159.jpeg

Prep: Noxzema
Soap: Stone Cottage Soapworks Coconut Holiday (labeled a cream, but mine is definitely a croap).
Brush: Simpson 57 Best Badger
Razor: Parker 24C, shave #6
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux, #2

Pretty much the same as last night: two-passes, minimal feedback, mostly DFS with a small area of CCS on the bottom of my neck (less than last night, so a bit improved). Rapira was nice and smooth, no tugging.

Thursday's Shave
Razor: Merkur Progress 510 Long Handle #4​
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso White Cream For Sensitive Skin, Green Tea & Oat​
Brush: Vie-Long Horse Hair​
Soap: Proraso White Shaving Soap for Sensitive Skin, Green Tea & Oat​
Facial Toner: Thayers Original Witch Hazel w/ Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave Balm: Proraso White for Sensitive Skin, Green Tea & Oat​
DFS!

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.