What's new

Parker adjustable injector ?

For what it's worth, here's my opinion on the Parker Adjustable Injector. It is a mild razor which is good for those who only use the Schick Adjustables on the lower settings.
Hm...I often use the Schick M on a setting of 3-5, which is supremely comfort for me and can fairly easily give me BBS. It sounds like the Parker may have trouble doing that though. I’m torn now lol.

I would also like to know how efficient are the the settings compared to a M Type.
I just received my Parker Injector. I shaved on level 5 and it is as good and close a shave as any razor I have and I have over 50. The quality of the razor is good. It's not the fanciest razor in my collection but it is the shave that matters. It is less than half the price of the Supply razor and shaves just as well. The razor is light but that does not affect the shave. I thought the price of $32 was a little high. Nevertheless, this is a great shaving razor. Parker did a great job!!

I just received my Parker Injector. I shaved on level 5 and it is as good and close a shave as any razor I have and I have over 50. The quality of the razor is good. It's not the fanciest razor in my collection but it is the shave that matters. It is less than half the price of the Supply razor and shaves just as well. The razor is light but that does not affect the shave. I thought the price of $32 was a little high. Nevertheless, this is a great shaving razor. Parker did a great job!!
No, the Parker doesn't shave as well as the Supply. The Supply is more efficient -- and, the Parker leaves a razor burn, if a similarly close shave is forced. [[BTW, I have probably 100 razors, and have been wet-shaving for 65 years.]]

No, the Parker doesn't shave as well as the Supply. The Supply is more efficient -- and, the Parker leaves a razor burn, if a similarly close shave is forced. [[BTW, I have probably 100 razors, and have been wet-shaving for 65 years.]]
As much as I wanted to love it, I had a terrible experience with the Supply. I could not get BBS without nicks and a good dose of skin shredding. :bored:

Thought I would update this thread. I ordered one on 12-24(coupon code still worked for the extra free blades) and it arrived today. Since I like to clean something before using it I grabbed one of the cartridges and it inserts kind of tough, wondering if the Chick Injector fits easier? Blade fell out. Gave it a cleaning. Reinserted the key, inserted tough again and had a hard time getting a blade in, maybe from it being empty but it certainly opened up enough, like the cartridge itself wasn't aligned properly but managed to get a blade in with a little fiddling. Blade didn't seem to lay flat on one side and had a tiny gap between the plate and the blade. I reinserted the key and pulled it back out to see if the blade would seat better but it didn't. I ended up applying a tiny but of pressure to the spring and it laid down flat. Showered and ready for a shave. Lather up some Asylum/SV Colonia for the shave and started on the first pass set on 3. Wow, can't even feel the blade but certainly clearing a nice path. Left the setting alone for the 2nd pass and for the 3rd decided to crank it to max and still couldn't feel the blade. I only have a type J1 Injector to compare to and this razor is definitely more mild as I can feel the blade on my skin with the J1. I can never seem to get BBS with any of my razors unless I really go to town but then I get irritation. Since I don't use my J1 that often I always seem to end up with considerable irritation but the Parker left me with my usual DFS and minimal irritation. I still had a little feedback from the AS as I normally do but less than the J1.

All in all I give the razor at least an 9 out of 10 rating. I would give it a 10 but the Taconic Injector cartridge just seemed difficult to insert, maybe the Chick cartridge will work better. The other thing is I like a little weight to my razors and this is just like my J1, on the light side and I find myself applying pressure I shouldn't be. It is a smooth razor as I didn't even feel it cutting the whiskers, maybe the blades are just that good. Will try it later on with a Chick.

For those that are on the fence and don't mind razors on the mild side(like me) go for it. At $38 and change for a razor and 40 blades(if the coupon code still works) shipped to my door you can't go wrong. I am glad I bought one. Now I just need to work it into the rotation more than my J1 has been.

I've found that one of the positives of an injector razor is that you can apply pressure without causing any irritation...and as you say. not even feel the blade. I think that's a plus.

Thought I would update this thread. I ordered one on 12-24(coupon code still worked for the extra free blades) and it arrived today. Since I like to clean something before using it I grabbed one of the cartridges and it inserts kind of tough, wondering if the Chick Injector fits easier? Blade fell out. Gave it a cleaning. Reinserted the key, inserted tough again and had a hard time getting a blade in, maybe from it being empty but it certainly opened up enough, like the cartridge itself wasn't aligned properly but managed to get a blade in with a little fiddling. Blade didn't seem to lay flat on one side and had a tiny gap between the plate and the blade. I reinserted the key and pulled it back out to see if the blade would seat better but it didn't. I ended up applying a tiny but of pressure to the spring and it laid down flat. Showered and ready for a shave. Lather up some Asylum/SV Colonia for the shave and started on the first pass set on 3. Wow, can't even feel the blade but certainly clearing a nice path. Left the setting alone for the 2nd pass and for the 3rd decided to crank it to max and still couldn't feel the blade. I only have a type J1 Injector to compare to and this razor is definitely more mild as I can feel the blade on my skin with the J1. I can never seem to get BBS with any of my razors unless I really go to town but then I get irritation. Since I don't use my J1 that often I always seem to end up with considerable irritation but the Parker left me with my usual DFS and minimal irritation. I still had a little feedback from the AS as I normally do but less than the J1.

All in all I give the razor at least an 9 out of 10 rating. I would give it a 10 but the Taconic Injector cartridge just seemed difficult to insert, maybe the Chick cartridge will work better. The other thing is I like a little weight to my razors and this is just like my J1, on the light side and I find myself applying pressure I shouldn't be. It is a smooth razor as I didn't even feel it cutting the whiskers, maybe the blades are just that good. Will try it later on with a Chick.

For those that are on the fence and don't mind razors on the mild side(like me) go for it. At $38 and change for a razor and 40 blades(if the coupon code still works) shipped to my door you can't go wrong. I am glad I bought one. Now I just need to work it into the rotation more than my J1 has been.
My newly acquired Parker injector loaded easily using the Taconic cartridge that came with the Parker. I did have trouble ejecting the old blade and inserting a new one into my 1960s PAL adjustable using the Taconic cartridge. I then used the 1960s PAL blade cartridge that came with the PAL to partially eject the old blade. I then pulled out the old blade with a small pliers and pushed the new Taconic blade back into the cartridge using a screwdriver. With the old blade gone from the PAL, I could then easily insert the Taconic cartridge again and insert a new blade. I think the problem is that the Taconic cartridge is plastic, while the PAL cartridge and modern Schick cartridges are metal. Slight variances in alignment with some razors also might cause the problem.

I was looking for a way to use up the injector blades that I bought when trying the different types of blades that would work with my Irving Barber Company shavette-style razor (which can use injector blades, half DE blades, and Artist Club - style blades). (I settled on the Kai Captain Titan Mild blades for the IBC). Through experimentation, I found I could use injector blades with my CJB GR-100B kamisori style shavette razor but I still found the blades pretty grabby (just like with the IBC). I thought about buying an injector razor but was lost in the alphabet soup of Schick injector razors and rather buy a new razor (but not willing to spend a lot of money on it since I was just looking to use up the blades). I ran across Mantic59's article on the Parker Adjustable Injector razor and thought that with the coupon code, I could get 40 blades and a new adjustable razor for $32 seemed like a reasonable deal to me. I figured that if I did not like it, I would PIF it with all the injector blades I had acquired.

I did find it hard to load the Taconic Shave Injector blades that came with the purchase. There was no way I was going to shave with the pre-loaded blade (and it was a real blade, not a dummy blade). I will see if the Chicks and Ted Pellas load any better.

I have to say it was a little odd not feeling the blade but having the razor remove whiskers at the same time. Eventually I found a good angle to prevent razor burn, nicks and not have to do too much touch up work. I have found that it is good for mowing down multiple day growth with ease.

I bought this razor and a new Parker Variant within days of each other. (I ordered the Variant on a Black Friday deal and then the injector was restocked at Super Safety Razors and I did not want to miss out again as I thought too long before pulling the trigger once before). The Variant was defective but the injector has worked well.

I am happy with this purchase and will keep the injector in the rotation for now.

Parker adjustable injector. Shave 10 on a Schick, and got a great, comfy shave on setting 5. Well, except for the part where my mind wandered while I was shaving my lower lip and the dang thing bit me hard! But even considering that battle wound, I thought the shave was awesome. I may push this blade for a few more shaves, or I may just play it safe and replace it Weds. Either way, it is on deck for the Tuesday shave.
20210111_135432.jpg

Hm...I often use the Schick M on a setting of 3-5, which is supremely comfort for me and can fairly easily give me BBS. It sounds like the Parker may have trouble doing that though. I’m torn now lol.

I have been using the Parker for the past month and I like it. With a P-74 blade installed it easily removed a five day old beard. My stubble is tough but the Parker removed it easily with the setting set on five. Ended up with a smooth comfortable irritation free shave. This razor shaves alot like my vintage Pal Adjustable, I say get one and try it.

Clayton

I have been using the Parker for the past month and I like it. With a P-74 blade installed it easily removed a five day old beard. My stubble is tough but the Parker removed it easily with the setting set on five. Ended up with a smooth comfortable irritation free shave. This razor shaves alot like my vintage Pal Adjustable, I say get one and try it.

Clayton
Funny you should mention! I did end up getting one from a kind gent here who wanted to pass it along. Had the first shave this morning! These were my thoughts:

First shave went decently. Probably ended up a little more DFS than I like. Started on 3 for the first pass then quickly bumped up to 4 for the last two. Smooth shave, even lost the angle a few times lol.

Comparing visually this to the Schick M, I’m not seeing much difference to know why it’s so much more mild, except that the Schick seems to have a half cm more blade reveal? Everything else looks fairly identical to me.

Trying setting 5 tomorrow! May switch the blade to a Chick a few a few shaves too.

Hoping tomorrow’s shave goes well!

Shave 2 on setting 5 had much better and lasting results, despite still feeling the quite mild! Still a little irritation on the cheeks...it’s gotta be the blades I think. Must be rebranded/unmarked Personnas, never had a good working relationship with those lol. I’ll give em a few more shaves to wow me, then I’ll probably bring in the Chicks.

Overall...satisfied!

I think I will have to put it back in the rotation for tomorrows shave. Last week with 2 shaves I thought it did great. I missed my Slim so I used that on Sunday and I am almost becoming an injector convert with the Parker, almost! I will say I think I got a slightly better shave with the Parker but I don't think I would ever give up my DE razors but thinking I need to use this injector and my J1 a little more. I hate to change out a blade early but might have to pop in a Schick to compare between the two blades in the near future. I am fine with shaving twice a week but thinking I might have to throw a 3rd shave in now and then to get more mileage out of my razors, and soap for that matter.

I think I will have to put it back in the rotation for tomorrows shave. Last week with 2 shaves I thought it did great. I missed my Slim so I used that on Sunday and I am almost becoming an injector convert with the Parker, almost! I will say I think I got a slightly better shave with the Parker but I don't think I would ever give up my DE razors but thinking I need to use this injector and my J1 a little more. I hate to change out a blade early but might have to pop in a Schick to compare between the two blades in the near future. I am fine with shaving twice a week but thinking I might have to throw a 3rd shave in now and then to get more mileage out of my razors, and soap for that matter.
I agree with your comment regarding never giving up the DE. But the Parker is sure bringing it on!

Today's shave was #3 with the razor and blade. Not sure if the blade is already giving up or it was the change in soaps but today's shave was good, was smooth but I had a little more irritation and not quite as close of a shave as the first two shaves. The blade still cut smoothly but just not efficiently and left me with a close shave but not a CCS or a DFS. I just rate it as an average shave. Certainly wouldn't give up DE razors as far as this shave went. Before changing over to a Schick blade I will have to give it one more shave just to see the turn out.

Top Bottom