Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: AP Shave Company 24mm SynBad Fan w/ Ivory Green Handle
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Long Rifle Soap Company Brown Bess
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
Neutrogena Men Triple Protect Face Lotion
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Thur, Jan 07th 2021

Razor: Kai style shavette folding razor, Mfg 2018? seems well built zamic shavette and works well with the Kai Protouch guarded.
Blade: Kai Protouch guarded:001_wub:(8) excellent blade for learning and just gives a great shave for final results IMO.
Soap: Razorock Irish country side, mild scent with excellent lather qualities. Good soap for a this shavette.
Brush: Yaqi rainbow brown whiskers 26mm- excellent lather creator, cloud like soft tips, excellent scrub with backbone.
Preshave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3. WTG + ATG x 2.
Post shave: Nivea aftershave + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Kai style shavette with a Kai Protouch:001_wub:
SOTD, Thur, Jan 07th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

GEM Carbon was the worst, for myself. I was surprised you felt it was better than Stainless. PTFE was the only one I could produce a good shave with.
I've now used all four and agree with you that the PTFE is the only one to produce a good shave.
I was able to use the Gem Carbon twice, struggled through the Stainless once + a quarter-shave, and quickly gave up on the PAL last night.

3E85BF17-F177-4B14-A431-ACD3B5B6D372.jpeg

SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, JANUARY 7, 2021

I know I’ve complained in the past about my shaving tools collection getting out of hand, but one of the pluses of such an event are that we can enjoy the variety provided by such a collection. I’m one of those folk who initially became caught up in the modern artisan safety razor hysteria, but of late have come to realize that the old adage, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!” really makes sense when it comes to shaving tools. This is not to say that I’ll be ditching all my modern safety razor acquisitions. They’ll take my Karve, Blackland, and Colonial safety razors away only after I move to the other side of the grass! But, my vintage razors, both straight and safety, deliver every bit as good, if not better a shave as my modern artisan offerings. In fact, starting this Sunday, the 30DC crew at TSD will be hosting a week long Gillette focus featuring safety razors that are 50 or more years old. I would invite all my shave brothers and sisters to join us starting this Sunday! My handle there is @jgreenepa.

Today’s shave featured two of my favorite vintage shaving tools, my C-Mon Special straight razor for the mug, and my nickel-plated Shake Sharp Model 2.0 for the noggin. The new Naniwa 12k/jasper edge on the C-Mon Special is just so incredibly buttery smooth and sharp. It feels like I’m just sweeping the facial lather away. The same held true for my noggin shave as well. As many may know, I think the Shake Sharp razor is one of the best shaving vintage razors around. I used to own 6 but have sold two and gifted one to a good friend. The three that remain are all great shavers, but my favorite is the earliest model Bakelite handled 1.5 that was just recently featured in a shave report. Loaded with two stacked Feather or Kai DE blades it is easily the equal or superior of most modern artisan offerings. Today’s nickel plated metal handle model delivered as good a dome shave as I had on my mug. It is a SE safety razor designed for DE blades. One of the mainstream Gillette shaving products that deserves more press is Gillette Pure shaving cream. My JT custom Pro48 boar generated the two types of lather I enjoy, which when removed left me feeling cool, refreshed, clean and smoothly velveteen.

RAZOR: C-Mon Special 11/16 (Mug), G.E. Jones Shake Sharp SE Model 2.0 (Dome)
BLADE: 2 Stacked Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: JT Custom Sapele/Resin Pro48 Boar
CREAM: Gillette Pure
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Krampert’s Frostbite AS Splash.

SOTD (007/2021)
07-01-2021

>> Shave Roulette <<
20210107_133622-01.jpeg

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Razorock Big Bruce
Soap: Taylor of Old Bond Street ~ No. 50
Razor: Razorock Game Changer .84 Jaws
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Stirling Soap Orange Chill AS & Witch Hazel & psb.

Happy shaves!

This is my first and maybe (probably) last SOTD post.

THE EQUIPMENT:

Every Man Jack unscented shave gel
Gillette C King razor
Gillette Platinum blades
Clubman Virgin Bay Rum Aftershave

The Gameplay
Three passes (WTG, XTG, and WTG again) plus touchups in the usual places (over the lip, chin and jawline).

Postgame:

Oh man. Dads bother of Clubman Bay Rum, way in the back. I have no idea how old it was. I took a whiff and it was okay. When u applied it however the scent can be described as suggesting notes of car urine. Might be my body chemistry reacting horribly with the lotion, out maybe not. When I came downstairs, dad said "So you found the Virgin Bay Rum, did you? It's all yours and guaranteed to keep you a virgin."

Yeah it's that bad. And also, not even close.

Also pictured by accident is my OtieOrientnt Capitale watch because a smart watch apparently is not appropriate for business. Nor is a digital watch and my Fossil watch is also kind of iffy.

And if you are also interested the rest of my grooming routine:
Every Man Jack cedarwood body wash
Colegate Whitening Toothpaste
GUM dental floss pick
Gillette Cool Wave Gel deodorant

And also if you're curious after the grooming I donned a pair of black Gildan boxer briefs, Levi 501 Dinesh l Stone wash jeans, a Wrangler red and black buffalo plaid flannel shirt, black Hanes (probably) socks and my all black Fila's.

The grocery store where the back branch I'm at is closed for cleaning after the employees have contracted the virus that must not be named, and I'm waiting on my on my test results so I can come back tomorrow. Since I've possibly been exposed I'm hanging out in my room, and going to catch up on the Mandolorian and brush up on my Call of Duty gamesmanship.

Attachments

• IMG_20210107_084218344.jpg
    IMG_20210107_084218344.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom