What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" December 28th, 2020 - January 3rd, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday, 31st December 2020
(a luxury shaving to celebrate the end of a very difficult year)

Pre: Aesop moroccan neroli shaving serum
Soap: MWF
Brush: Omega Pro 48
Razor: Parker 92r
Blade: Derby Premium
After: ASB Welleda

A1FB036D-4F13-4C64-8BB0-3133CF4939F6.jpeg

31st January 2020: A ''dirty'' farewell..

sotd31122020.jpg

EJ316
CRS French Vetiver cream
LPL Vetiver asl
Simpsons Chubby 1 sb
Gillette Rubie blade

2020, what a ''dirty'' year. So what more appropriate to say goodbuy with the ''dirtiest/eathiest'' combo?
This cream and asl are highly polarizing, love or hate, I've yet to enounter one that finds them indifferent or just-ok.
For me it was :001_wub: at first sight (well, snif if we want to be literal).

New Year's Eve
Preshave: Perricone Super Clean Face Wash /Stirling Ozark Mountain Pre-Shave Oil
Razor: OREN
Blade: KaI Captain Titan Pink Mild
Brush: EverReady 150 Restore w/TGN 2-band
Soap: Mama Bear’s Ye Olde Barbershoppe
Aftershave: Thayer’s Original Witch Hazel/Alum
Balm: L’Occitane Eau des Baux

December 31, 2020

Very enjoyable 2 pass (WTG, ATG) shave. Result is a BBS+ shave. Hopefully it will keep me feeling smooth all day and all night for my kiss at midnight :winkiss:!

Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 SiLVERTiP
Razor: Blackland Tradere OC
Blade: German Wilkinson Sword (10)
Pre: Hot Shower
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper

874E5E92-7FCE-413A-9E79-1E155EEE63F4.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Thur, Dec 31st 2020

Razor: KAI AC style folding Shavette- well built it seems, easy to maneuver over face, good way to try a AC shavette IMO.
Blade: Kai Protouch guarded (5) excellent blade for learning or just shaving, It's remarkable how advanced Artist club blades are.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum & Sandal wood, very nice scent with a touch of clove. The soap has excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Artic sky 24 mm knot, excellent lather creator + heavenly cloud like soft tips with a nice scrub with a some back bone.
Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: witch hazel +Ogallala bay rum & sandal wood lotion + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Kai AC folding Shavette + Kai Protouch blade.
SOTD, Thursday Dec 31st 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

7BA760A6-B08B-453C-AE9F-6D52570FFABF.jpeg

SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, DECEMBER 31, 2020

Happy New Year to all on this last morning of this horrible year! Good riddance to 2020! I decided to end this year with two of my favorite razors! The R. Saito SK3 was always a decent shaver, but the touch up on the new Naniwa 12k Super Stone with a final polish on the jasper stone yesterday, has led me to what seems my grail edge! The mug shave was buttery smooth. The dome shave featured my favorite DE razor, hands down, the Colonial Silversmith! The Evans brothers, Kyle and Kirk, broke the mold on this one. I never fail to get a superb shave with this razor! It’s a real shame more folk don’t know about it. I’ve shaved with Timeless, CG, Karve, H&S75, and Tradere, but none have matched the combination of efficiency and smoothness I experience every time I shave with this DE razor. Please don’t get me wrong, all of the latter delivered good solid shaves, but for me the Silversmith just shaves perfectly! Equipped with a Feather blade, it’s amazing and shaves every bit as close as my AC safety razors. I’ve finished 2020 clean, refreshed and velveteen smooth!

RAZOR: R. Saito SK3 7/8 (Mug), Colonial Silversmith Safety Razor (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Sapele/Resin Handled Omega Pro48 Boar
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Old Spice Fresh Lime (Indian Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom