What's new

Soaps Used the Most in 2020

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
That's a nice looking line-up! How does the Goodfellas' Smile soap perform compared to Zingari Man?

The Zingari Man soaps I have are the Sego base which are very high quality. Goodfellas'Smile are good, but not quite as slick as Zingari Sego. I have quite a few Goodfellas' soaps though...they lather easily and quickly and provide ample protection. I'd give the nod to Zingari Sego.

Here are my top 5 for 2020:

- Cella (red and bio) 69 shaves
- MdC (multiple scents) 41 shaves
- La Toja 40 shaves
- MWF 39 shaves
- Acqua di Parma 29 shaves

Least used soap in 2020:
- TOBS 1 shave

My rank for soaps in 2020 would be
1. Stirling Sharp Dressed Man

2. Zingari Sego The Wanderer
3. Chiseled Face GTB
4. Stirling Christmas Eve
5. B&M First Snow

Used Sharp Dressed Man for the first 6-7ish months of the year and each of the others for 1-1.5 months. Been a pleasant year for me.

The Zingari Man soaps I have are the Sego base which are very high quality. Goodfellas'Smile are good, but not quite as slick as Zingari Sego. I have quite a few Goodfellas' soaps though...they lather easily and quickly and provide ample protection. I'd give the nod to Zingari Sego.

Thanks!

I've got two tubs of Sego soap to get through, but I'll have to try TGS at some point!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Thanks!

I've got two tubs of Sego soap to get through, but I'll have to try TGS at some point!

You bet! I particularly like their Abysso and Inferno scents. I have a number of them, but Abysso and Inferno I would buy again if I ran out which to me is the litmus test for a product. For me, TGS soaps are easy to use and work well. Also...I like their price point.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I have a fair number of soaps, but there are a few I consistently reach for.

Tabac
TOBS Sandalwood
Cella
Arko

A few new darlings are.....

Portus Cale
Via Barberia

My five most used this year were
TOBS Sandalwood (101)
M&M Magh Tured (73)
L&W Bay Rum (42)
Viking Soap Tree of Life (42)
M&M Ogham Stone (25)

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
In that you're not going to purchase different soaps? Or that you're going to 3017 your soaps?
In that I find the MdC so much better than the others that if I can still get it, it will be my sole soap. I like to keep it simple. I have one razor I use all the time. I have two brushes so that they can dry thoroughly, but I got about thirty years off my last silvertip, using it every day. My blade collection is getting pretty small, and when the Feathers and the PIRs are gone, I'll reorder just the Crystals.

What comes to mind for 2020 is

CBL orange dirt
WK king of oud

Nice soaps, main reason for these 2 was trying to get through some volume of new in my kit soaps.

but i really used a lot of different soaps throughout the year.

Just joined the forum! I use multiple myself and like to switch up every now and again with a cream.

Do you fellas happen to purchase you shaving soaps based on the season?

Interesting question. I actually log all of my shaves (yes, I'm a data nerd) so I can answer that question with a quick pivot table.

My top few were actually soaps I was trying to use up. I've been using the ones I'm trying to get rid of every other shave as I rotate through the others.
  1. Mama Bear Gaelic Tweed - 21 Shaves
  2. Huntlee Super Smooth Spice Trade - 20 Shaves
  3. Stirling Executive Man - 15 shaves
  4. Through the Fire Fine Crafts Ember - 8 Shaves
  5. Art of Shaving Original Tallow Lavender - 7 Shaves

And just because I was curious, here are my top used razors, blades, and knots as well:

Razors:
  1. Fatboy - 20 Shaves
  2. Rex Ambassador - 18 Shaves
  3. MMOC - 16 Shaves
  4. Slim - 15 Shaves
  5. ATT H1 - 14 Shaves
Blades
  1. Personna Red - 56 Shaves
  2. Prema-Sharp Super - 21 Shaves
  3. GEM PTFE - 16 Shaves
  4. Polsilver SI - 12 Shaves
  5. Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp Green - 12 Shaves
Brush (knots)
  1. Plissoft Knot (22mm) - 25 Shaves (this is my go-to face only brush)
  2. Tuxedo Fan Knot (25mm) - 17 Shaves
  3. Tuxedo Bulb Knot (24mm) - 15 Shaves
  4. Synbad (28mm) - 13 Shaves
  5. Plissoft Knot (24mm) - 12 Shaves

Top Bottom