What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" November 30th - December 6th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Circa 1965 "DE Razor by Schick" original retail pack. Pre-Krona branding.
IMG_3633 (3).JPG

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Fri, Dec4th 2020

Razor: Gillette British Rocket SS-Mfg 1950's NDCodes, Excellent mid range<, excellent combo with a Kai SS IMO.
Blade: Kai SS (7) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth. Wider than a standard blade(.009inches)= excellent results today!
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea- Excellent scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi artic Sky knot 24mm synthetic- Excellent lather creator + cloud like soft tips. One nice brush IMO.
Pre Shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Gillette British rocket SS + KAI SS blade.
DE SOTD, Fri, Dec4th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

3-12-2020

Agua y jabón :: Jabones Luna, Fauna :: Morris & Forndran :: Gillette Fatboy, Wizamet :: Myrsol, agua balsámica :: 444

proxy.php

4-12-2020

Agua y jabón :: Martin de Candre :: Morris & Forndran :: Paradigm SE, Schick proline :: Floïd, Mentolado vigoroso

proxy.php

Salut!

proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Cream: Lea Menthol
Razor: Wolfman WR2
Blade: Super Iridium BN-84 (6)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Proraso Green Aftershave Splash
Scent: Mancera Cedrat Boise EdP

Sticking with the Spanish cream theme; this time my first use of Lea Menthol. Very easy to lather; produces lots of lather from a small to average amount of cream, and a very good performer. The scent reminds me of Kapo Fresh from Bulgaria, which is a good thing, as this is one of my favourite creams. The menthol strength of the Lea cream is slightly more vigorous than Kapo Fresh, and right in my sweet spot. Three passes for a BBS result.

20201126_084932.jpg

Razor: Schick L5 Classic by International Silver
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Bay Patchouli Grapefruit
Aftershave: Pinaud Virgin Islands Bay Rum
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

Friday, December 4, 2020
TGIF Shallow Angle Shave

Preshave Preparation: Hot towel. No shower due to spinal injection yesterday.
Preshave: Proraso White Preshave & Mitchell’s Wool Fat protolather.
Shave bowl/Scuttle: Savanna Shave Scuttle
Brush: West Coast Shaving Ancient Stone synthetic
Razor: Rockwell 6S #4 plate 🪒 3 passes
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless shave 18
Soap/Cream: The Fat
Postshave: Bosom Alum Block followed by face wash with The Fat
Postshave Treatment: Hyaluronic Acid on a damp face followed by First Aid Moisturizer.
Results: I got away with three passes today chasing a BBS shave using a shallow angle on all three passes. I got the BBS shave with no visible irritation, but the alum block told me that there was irritation all over my face. The hyaluronic acid and moisturizer made it all better.

Sorry that my photo isn’t awesome. I don’t have time in the mornings to set up a nice shot.

5BD0D70C-3FC9-4F5E-AB91-0604A1B98D13.jpeg

SOTD-WFSR-R_2020-12-04.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: DS Cosmetic 26/49 Two Band
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Worlds Finest Safety Razor
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (3)
ASL: Proraso Red

WFSR Shave 28:
Another very nice shave. :biggrin:

The new kid on the block today is the DS Cosmetic two band badger brush. Its 26mm knot is way bigger than my preferred 16mm to 20mm range, but one needs to step out of one's box every now and then. :yesnod:

I gave it my usual "new brush pre-shave prep" before using it this evening. For the first use of an unfamiliar brush it performed really well. My only problem was figuring out how to move it from A to B when it was already covering both. :001_rolle

Of course, in the name of "science" one must persevere. So I intend using it for seven consecutive shaves, to discover if MASSIVE brushes are for me in the long term, or not.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

SOTD-WFSR-R_2020-12-04.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: DS Cosmetic 26/49 Two Band
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Worlds Finest Safety Razor
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (3)
ASL: Proraso Red

WFSR Shave 28:
Another very nice shave. :biggrin:

The new kid on the block today is the DS Cosmetic two band badger brush. Its 26mm knot is way bigger than my preferred 16mm to 20mm range, but one needs to step out of one's box every now and then. :yesnod:

I gave it my usual "new brush pre-shave prep" before using it this evening. For the first use of an unfamiliar brush it performed really well. My only problem was figuring out how to move it from A to B when it was already covering both. :001_rolle

Of course, in the name of "science" one must persevere. So I intend using it for seven consecutive shaves, to discover if MASSIVE brushes are for me in the long term, or not.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:
26mm is my favorite size, I hope it treats you well!

Reactions: Cal
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom