What's new

Wolfman Wednesday

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I truly believe the WR2 works best with a Feather blade at a very steep angle. Just my .02.

The Feather doesn’t really work for me in the Wolf. It was rougher than other blades. I find best results with a Permanent Sharp (the one in the gold tuck, not the 7 O’Clock version), and the Polsilver/Wizamet. The Perma Sharp is one of those blades that eluded me until the last year, when someone recommended it as a replacement for Polsilver, and someone else recommended it for the Wolfman. I bought a hundred pack without ever trying one, and loved them right away. Been using them for a year now in my blade rotoation, and they are pretty much in the top three right now. Maybe even my number one blade.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
The Feather doesn’t really work for me in the Wolf. It was rougher than other blades. I find best results with a Permanent Sharp (the one in the gold tuck, not the 7 O’Clock version), and the Polsilver/Wizamet. The Perma Sharp is one of those blades that eluded me until the last year, when someone recommended it as a replacement for Polsilver, and someone else recommended it for the Wolfman. I bought a hundred pack without ever trying one, and loved them right away. Been using them for a year now in my blade rotoation, and they are pretty much in the top three right now. Maybe even my number one blade.
I may have to try a Perma-Sharp. Thanks, Brad.

I truly believe the WR2 works best with a Feather blade at a very steep angle. Just my .02.

Pre: Shower
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Feather
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Pony
Soap: Declaration Grooming TSM Fougere

I know it aint wolfman wednesday but the suspense about the feather + WR2 1.25 combo was too much so had to revisit

I was not disappointed!!! was surprised at just how smooth the shave was, while retaining the feather's sharpness. I would say that was the smoothest shave I have had with a feather except for the DE89

@Hannah's Dad you are 100% correct, the feather + WR2 combo (with a very steep angle) has changed everything.. agree totally that this is the best combo for this razor

IMG_8184.JPG

Tried Feather again in my WR2 1.45 and tried to go steeper on the angle -- handle closer to face. I find this angle really hard to maintain in certain spots and in certain directions, but I think it's helped me to see I've got some technique issues that I've been attributing to hardware. I guess that's a human tendency ("stupid tool!"). Had no issues today. Super close and smooth. No irritation.
Resizer_16069211343490.jpg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Thank you. I have thousands of match packs from when I traveled the world for a living out of college and I have popped a few bottles of bubbly in my time! You would be hard pressed to find matches these days. I'm not a smoker, but they are a cool collectible.
The stories those matchboxes could tell, Tom! There weren’t any ‘World Traveler’ degrees at my university.:c13:

Top Bottom