What's new

USPS

When a package with USPS is sent with tracking I usually see delivery in two or three days and then a notice that there has been a delay. Transit time is more than a week. Any ideas as to what is going on?

I have several packages that have been delayed at their final sorting facility for over a week. It's been an annoyance, most are gifts I ordered in hopes to beat the black Friday shipping boom. At this point I'm not sure they will make it before the sorting facility is inundated with more parcels.

There's much more online shopping than before, people are buying things for Black Friday, etc. and gifts for Christmas online, so there is a lot of package volume.

Definitely flooding from the weekend shopping spree.

I doubt is gonna get any better ‘till the turn of the year since covid has pushed even more the online shopping so is not only holiday shopping but everything in general.

My wife does the household and grocery shopping strictly online and delivered straight to the house now. As I understand those type of things get priority over other items being shipped so I might be part of the problem😓

I have several late packages in transit.

proxy.php

They spend the first part of the day delivering Amazon & other non-USPS packages & then start in regular mail after. Making big money delivering other packages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually have pretty good luck with actual deliveries but their tracking/notification system is a little messed up. They guess at when the initial delivery should be made and then even when it's going to be late they stay with that initial forecast until it has past and then the notification says something like package will be late, no updated forecast available.

And then it's delivered the next day:)

They spend the first part of the day delivering Amazon & other non-USPS packages & then start in regular mail after. Making big money delivering other packages
Not really. USPS has contracts with Amazon, UPS, FedEx, etc to deliver packages that those other companies would otherwise refuse to deliver because it costs them too much to do it (mostly rural areas). Where I live, Amazon delivers their own packages in weird blue-gray colored vans.

I had a package that had a bad address on it and was undelivered, two days ago. I'm in the States and the package came from the UK, $180 worth of shaving product.

The vendor had me call USPS (the package was in my home town post office). The lady at the post office told me the package was DESTROYED, with the explanation being the vendor had instructions or "markings" on package to destroy it if it could not be delivered.

I'm really not sure what to do now. It was a number of Wickham soaps and matching balms.

I had a package that had a bad address on it and was undelivered, two days ago. I'm in the States and the package came from the UK, $180 worth of shaving product.

The vendor had me call USPS (the package was in my home town post office). The lady at the post office told me the package was DESTROYED, with the explanation being the vendor had instructions or "markings" on package to destroy it if it could not be delivered.

I'm really not sure what to do now. It was a number of Wickham soaps and matching balms.
If you paid with a credit card contact them. They may have insured against the loss.

That is unfortunate! I would pursue recourse through the vender. They were the ones who instructed the post office to destroy it. Speaking of Wickham soaps, I just tried one for the first time today, it is excellent.

Dunno about USPS, but Royal Mail is always a business on the edge of a mystery! I had an order a couple of weeks ago that Royal Mail confirmed as ‘delivered’, yet there was no sign of it at my house. I received a refund from the seller; a few days later, it arrived!

I love their tracking - it invariably says they have no trace of items, then the next day they say that an ‘update will only be available when we attempt to deliver this item “...

That’s why I’m always happy when I’m advised an order is coming with DPD...

I'd contact the seller first. They should have insured the package so they should be able to collect that insurance and happily re-send your order.

If that doesn't work, and you paid with a credit card, you can dispute the charge.

Top Bottom