What's new

🐗 Decemboar. Yup. It’s a thing! 🐗

Something I'll have to keep in mind, I like the idea of using more soap. If it's enough it might widdle my supply down to one lifetimes worth!

If your goal is to use up soap you don’t really like or just use up soap in general I would actually recommend the Zenith 508A boar. If it’s as nice as my other Zenith boar brushes when fully broke in it will be a great brush. It’s just HUGE.

My other Zeniths didn’t seem to take any time to break in and the 508A seems to be taking its sweet time.

If your goal is to use up soap you don’t really like or just use up soap in general I would actually recommend the Zenith 508A boar. If it’s as nice as my other Zenith boar brushes when fully broke in it will be a great brush. It’s just HUGE.

My other Zeniths didn’t seem to take any time to break in and the 508A seems to be taking its sweet time.
I have a Zenith unbleached that is also huge. I've so far only hand lathered it, but it's in the queue.

I generally use 26ish mm badger, will it feel significantly larger than that?

I have a Zenith unbleached that is also huge. I've so far only hand lathered it, but it's in the queue.
I've got two Zenith unbleached boars, as well as two Zenith bleached brushes. I have the white resin handled & wood handled unbleached brushes. The unbleached are very nice. So are the bleached, but the unbleached is a pleasant difference. Let me know your thoughts on the unbleached once you try them.

I generally use 26ish mm badger, will it feel significantly larger than that?

It feels like a lot of brush. The handle is pretty big too. My favorite badger is actually a 26mm. When I switch from it to the Zenith or Chubby 3 everything feels less precise. Almost like painting a house. I’ve actually never shaved my face with Hogzilla, just my head.

It feels like a lot of brush. The handle is pretty big too. My favorite badger is actually a 26mm. When I switch from it to the Zenith or Chubby 3 everything feels less precise. Almost like painting a house. I’ve actually never shaved my face with Hogzilla, just my head.
I think I might pick one up after grume. I'm very curious now.

On a side note, I just realized that my little boar emojis in my thread title look an awful lot like poop 💩 emojis at first glance. 😜

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Tech Tuesday
DecemBoar 2020 #1
shave 20201201.jpg

Razor: Gillette Tech/NEW Hybrid (England) (Charcoal Goods Copper Hammered Handle)
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (5 and retired)
Brush: OMEGA Jade 011842 Premium Pure Bristle
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Ach. Brito Mogno
Aftershave: Floïd Vigoroso

Three passes + touch-up. No nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

The OMEGA Jade 011842 Premium Pure Bristle is one of my favorite brushes, knot type notwithstanding. Top Tier brush! :thumbup:

Wonderful shave! :)

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Decemboar 1st

Kicking things off right with my diminutive Col. Conk boar brush from around 1990 that I received with a mug and soap in a kit. Used and abused I resurrected it (caked in soap) and brought it back to its former glory. A great little workhorse that has stood the rest of time.
12825C48-28DB-42B0-96E8-5B92B1608AAF.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Oh, all right. I'll get jiggy with the piggy for December. Boar is one of my least favorite brush materials, but I'll give it a go, maybe I'll come around. Just seeing this now, so I will start tomorrow.
Lol, I'm a slob. I haven't shaved since Thanksgiving!

I'm thinking of trying some "ArkoStein" soaps once in awhile this month....

Top Bottom