What's new

What's your relaxing and (still) efficient DE razor?

I love slant razors, very efficient!
High Fives!!! Yup...love slant razors! My 2nd favorite slant is the Parker Semi-slant. Most aggressive is the Yaqi Slant which I use rarely...hahahaha. I have the FOCS inbound in a few days and really look forward to that razor!

High Fives!!! Yup...love slant razors! My 2nd favorite slant is the Parker Semi-slant. Most aggressive is the Yaqi Slant which I use rarely...hahahaha. I have the FOCS inbound in a few days and really look forward to that razor!
When I use a slant razor it is the Parker semi slant, I like it better than the merkur 37. Only problem is getting side burns straight and even. I use a straight for sideburns when I don’t use a straight bar. How do you line up your sideburns with a slant?

After comparing my 3 go to razors Rockwell 6C, Merkur 34C HD and the Razorock GC 0.84-P I must say I'm getting the best and most consistent shaves out of the Game changer

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
The most efficient shavers I have that I feel "safe" using, in other words, I never feel as if I'm in danger of getting a nasty nick or cut, is a toss up between my Timeless SS SB .68 and my Karve Brass SB Plate B. Those two razors, loaded with a Kai SS blade, give me such good results on a consistent basis that I feel confident and safe when I use them. I only feel relaxed when I'm on my sofa recliner.

The most efficient shavers I have that I feel "safe" using, in other words, I never feel as if I'm in danger of getting a nasty nick or cut, is a toss up between my Timeless SS SB .68 and my Karve Brass SB Plate B. Those two razors, loaded with a Kai SS blade, give me such good results on a consistent basis that I feel confident and safe when I use them. I only feel relaxed when I'm on my sofa recliner.
Sofa recliner, now that’s a relaxed shave

When I use a slant razor it is the Parker semi slant, I like it better than the merkur 37. Only problem is getting side burns straight and even. I use a straight for sideburns when I don’t use a straight bar. How do you line up your sideburns with a slant?
Hah...hahaha, I am the type with no real need to have a straight sideburn, so this issue is negated easily. However, if need to I just shave downward and am satisfied.

I have sideburns and use a FOCS as my (new) daily driver. I just make sure to align the slant in such a way that it is straight to the ends of my burns. Took one or two takes, but now works well for me!

Tatara masamune, feather asd2, fatip with gentile plate, and seygus zeppelin v2 titanium can be thrown around without too muh attention and stil get a decent shave though no razor can be treated with disregard and let's you get away wth it. A little more attention and the pils, paradigm diamondback and haircut and shave PO76 titanium come to the fore - especially the po76.

RazoRock DE1 (aka Baili 176). The DE1 is even milder on the face than the Tech, and yet I find it more efficient. Corner tabs give perfect blade alignment. I'm a little sheepish to admit that, at 7.99, the DE1 is probably my cheapest razor, but it outshaves quite a few of the big guns.

RazoRock DE1 (aka Baili 176). The DE1 is even milder on the face than the Tech, and yet I find it more efficient. Corner tabs give perfect blade alignment. I'm a little sheepish to admit that, at 7.99, the DE1 is probably my cheapest razor, but it outshaves quite a few of the big guns.
Not surprised more money isn’t always better

Dear gents in this forum,
In the past few years, I tended to search for an aggressive razors.
Hence, I switched to SE and am very impressed by its efficiency.
I have backed to DE for some months and pre-war Tech is almost my only razor.
When shaving with pre-war Tech, I do not pay much attention, but its still gives me 15+hrs. BBS.
Thank you all.
Fatip Gold Grande most comfortable and very relaxed face and head Shave. Slightly more efficient and slightly less comfortable Fatip Lo Storto

7B9A92BB-1EB3-46CC-A62A-17222BB3EED4.jpeg

Top Bottom