What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

Straight from India...
Order was placed on the 10th (my 245st birthday!!) was shipped out on the 13th, and arrived today..
By contrast, the halloween giveaway from Captain Pre-Capsize in still enroute.. faster to get here from Mumbai than Illinois... Not the Capt's fault!!
The USPS decided to send my Captain's Choice package to Pennsylvania both routing it to Louisiana. The products are worth the wait you will enjoy them.

The USPS decided to send my Captain's Choice package to Pennsylvania both routing it to Louisiana. The products are worth the wait you will enjoy them.

USPS has been garbage most of the year... I'm just glad they were not as bad for your packages to me!!

And I love the Captain's stuff I already have!

Came home to an epic mail call. Milton, owner of Turn N Shave has been hand tying knots for the last couple of years to hone the craft. He finally released his first Hand tied knots to the public a month ago. I missed out on the initial drop and was preparing to wait to get on the wait list. Last week he announced on his Instagram he was getting married this week and made 4 brushes for the occasion. I was able to be one of the first 4 to see the post and snag one before they were gone. This is the "Groom" Knot # 30.

IMG_2304.jpg

IMG_2306.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

Came home to an epic mail call. Milton, owner of Turn N Shave has been hand tying knots for the last couple of years to hone the craft. He finally released his first Hand tied knots to the public a month ago. I missed out on the initial drop and was preparing to wait to get on the wait list. Last week he announced on his Instagram he was getting married this week and made 4 brushes for the occasion. I was able to be one of the first 4 to see the post and snag one before they were gone. This is the "Groom" Knot # 30.

View attachment 1186251
View attachment 1186252
View attachment 1186253

Oh, this is awesome. Congrats, and enjoy it!

Which one?
Hey, thanks for asking. It's the Karve Brass....managed to get a plate that I want, the D-plate. There's another F-plate but maybe too much for me now.
The plates that I actually wanted is SB-D & E and OC-C.

After using the Karve for 3 straight days with the D-plate...confirmed I made the right choice! Terrific razor, so smooth and comfortable with the caveat of using the right blade. 1st used, the blade choice not so good and made me wonder if I make a mistake. 2nd and 3rd with better blades...WOW!
20201123_145732.jpg
20201124_141122.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have just acquired this vintage, very hard puck as shown below. Without lathering it has a light soapy scent but not anything I recognise......... I would love it to be what it appears from the impressed mark but I am not convinced as I have never seen another. What is the opinion of the members? Is this genuine Fabergé Brut or an imposter?

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

Today I have received this order from Connaught Shaving. I can highly recommend this seller and this selection of products will make me realise what kind of soap suits me the best. Looking for a the best bang for the buck with a pleasant experience with each shave.
20201126_182519.jpg

Enviado do meu SM-A217F através do Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Just received another Yaqi brush from their 11.11 sale, I paid a little more for this one but there is something about the look of this knot that made me want to buy it + 2 more on the way. The packaging sure took some abuse getting here.
The brush is called the Yaqi Artic sky 24mm knot, it feels as good as it looks with some backbone also, tomorrow it will get a work out.
Yaqi new brush artic sky knot.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Top Bottom