What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" November 23rd - November 29th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone. It was Turkish Thursday for this Turkey Day! The GameChanger .84 plate series was the whisker mower this morning.

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Soap: Derby Shave Puck
Razor: RazoRock GC .84 Series(Jaws, OC, and SB)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Kai (5)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (No Idea)
Brush: The Shave Factory Turkish Boar
AS/EdC: Marmara Barber No 1

Just a great shave. The lather was creamy and slick, as it should be. Just wonderful.

Now, everyone eat a lot of Turkey and good stuff. Give thanks, and thank everyone here for always making my day a lot better.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Thanksgiving shave 2.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap
Haslinger Coconut, tallow formula
Brush
B&B Boar 10th Anniversary Edition
Razor
Aristocrat
Blade
Treet Platinum
Aftershave
Thayers Rose Petal WH & L’Occitane ASB
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10. Happy Thanksgiving, folks

Thanksgiving Day
Preshave: Imperial Glycerine Soap /Stirling Ozark Mountain Pre-Shave Oil
Razor: RazoRock Mamba
Blade: PermaSharp Super Stainless
Brush: Rooney 1/2 Best Badger
Soap: Mama Bear’s Ye Olde Barbershoppe
Aftershave: Humphrey’s Witch Hazel/Alum
Balm: L’Occitane Eau des Baux

CDEE59AF-E0B7-4931-A2E8-1DFD39BED386.jpeg

SOTD THURSDAY, THANKSGIVING MORNING, NOVEMBER 26, 2020

Although it was a bit overcast, my shave this morning was exemplary! The 5/8 Puma 88 Special never lets me down. The Ronson Safety razor loaded with a Schick Proline B-20 also delivered the goods. I feel clean, cool, velveteen smooth and refreshed. Our Thanksgiving meal in these plague times is being hosted by my oldest son, Ben. It’s a much smaller meal this year. Ben’s oldest daughter, Jennifer, will never be joining our Thanksgiving table again. She was killed by a drunk driver three months ago, but her sweet daughter, Lily Ellen, my first great granddaughter will. Despite all that we have much to be thankful for. My second oldest son, Sam, is a first responder who survived Covid, and thankfully all my other children and grandchildren are healthy and safe, although not joining us at table this year due to my and SWMBO’s immunocompromised selves. So zoom it will be. Happy Thanksgiving to all my shave brothers and sisters.

RAZOR: Puma 88 Special 5/8 (Mug), Ronson Safety Razor (Dome)
BLADE: Schick Proline B-20 Injector
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Sapele/Resin Handled Pro48 Boar
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & ThymeBalm.

Thu 26 On the Road SOTD
Cream MacaRoot & Aloe
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Game Changer.84-P SB
Blade Personna Lab Blue/Meds Prep 1st Use
Aftershaves
Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + MacaRoot Aloe Gel
Clubman GentsGin
Fantastic lather from the cream. Creamy and slick with a wonderful scent.
Shave with razor paired with this new blade was terrific!! Wow..! Not sure whether it's lab blue or med prep...but ohh soooo smooth, comfortable and sharp for 3+1passes for a mostly bbs to dfs result. Razor/blade combo feels so good that I overshaved and saw some creepers. Excellent aftershaves. Rating 9.5/10
View attachment 1186972
View attachment 1186973
Just used the maca root today as well. Makes a wonderful lather. Really like this cream. That was actually my first cream when I skipped from can to cream and brush.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thur, NOV26th 2020

Razor: Gillette Fatboy E4- Mfg 1959 4th qtr- I really enjoy this razor because it reminds me of my days growing up with father.
Blade: Gillette Astra SP (3) great blade, Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap: Razorock Irish Countryside- nice mild scent with excellent creamy lather with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm black marble handle :001_wub: - excellent brush for creating lather with cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG (5) + ATG (7) + Pickups (7)
Post shave: Fine Fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:excellent shave with my Gillette Fatboy, it never lets me down.
DE SOTD,  Thur, Nov26th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Razor: If you want a razor that gets the job done and you don’t have much time the 91r is it. One of the heaviest razors. A little more than medium aggressive but very efficient. With the Astra platinum works beautiful. Two pass and ready to go.
Blade:The Astra platinum is my go to blade. Always gives me a nice irritation free shave.
Brush: Ohhh that brush. What can I say.... Just awesome. Amazingly soft. Very nice heft and grip. Whips up lather in no time. It won’t slip I guarantee. This is one you need in your collection. Big kudos to Executive Shaving!!
Cream: This was actually the first cream that I bought when I changed from can foam to real cream and soap. And I still keep buying it. Makes a nice thick lather that protects your skin. And the scent as well is very nice.
Aftershave: No words needed. I think everyone has the Nivea in is collection or at least has used it once in his life. Hidrates very nice after every shave and the scent is just timeless.
All in all a very nice shave and actually just what I needed today because I was bit in a hurry. With this combo you can’t go wrong.
B2B8D1E9-E2CA-4D81-806C-AA4CC4F62F94.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom