What's new

Shave Roulette

Hello everyone, I would like to participate in the roulette. Here is my list of shave items. Still can not list a different item for each number (only blades) but I am getting there jajaja.
Saludos from Mexico
3A0E223A-3B79-430A-A3FB-7815A334F41D.jpeg

Welcome, newbies! Awesome to get some new blood into the game.

I made the latest spin an evening shave. Just finished it.

Graydog brush, Mystic Waters Rosalimone soap, my brand new Kai Kasho AC shavette with a Feather ProGuard blade, clean-up with my beloved Pils loaded up with a fresh Polsilver SI blade.

Wow. What a shave! The Kai is fantastic. The lather from the Mystic Waters soap was rich and fragrant. Two passes plus a bit of touchup to CCS/DFS territory.

I wouldn't recommend the Kai to a rank beginner coming straight from cartridges, but for me it was smooth and comfortable.

And the next number is ...

Screenshot_20201126-080911-01.jpeg

For me that will be:
8 - Shaver's choice (guys have some free will)
5 - Tabac
8 - HC Klenzo
5 - 4711 (overridden by Tabac soap)

Thanks for taking over the position of the croupier.

JAHE's "3112"-shave equipment:

Brush: Semogue 1470
Soap: Speick ~ Men Active
Razor: Razorock SLOC
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (5)

20201126_181719-01-01.jpeg

Omg. What a crappy shave. I should have binned this blade one shave earlier. The result was ok but the shave was unpleasantly scratchy with too much tugging (besides shaves no.1 to 4 were ok). The lather was slick and protective. The SLOC basically is a smooth razor. So it's the GSB which is to blame for this subpar shave. No need for touchups today.

Better luck next time.

609102A6-9E2B-4C67-8C05-96296D8E9416.jpeg

8 = Speick cream
5 = Made Rite 750C brush
8 = Schöne razor
5 = Captains Choice Sandalwood

Not a combination I would have picked for myself, just because I have Speick AS and would have used that instead. But the CC Sandalwood actually works pretty good with the cream.

The brush is my best Chinese-knot brush, a 20mm 2-band from Shave Forge in this vintage handle that was expensive when new. Very soft tips and good backbone.

The razor is one of my favorites, but it contained a Personna blade of unknown provenance. I had found it lying in a drawer, removed from a razor long ago for reasons I can't remember, and installed in this razor awhile back. Can't even remember whether it's US, German, or Israeli. Oh well. It worked all right but was worn out and gave too mild of a shave. I binned it after the shave. Nonetheless, good enough.

View attachment 1187283

8 = Speick cream
5 = Made Rite 750C brush
8 = Schöne razor
5 = Captains Choice Sandalwood

Not a combination I would have picked for myself, just because I have Speick AS and would have used that instead. But the CC Sandalwood actually works pretty good with the cream.

The brush is my best Chinese-knot brush, a 20mm 2-band from Shave Forge in this vintage handle that was expensive when new. Very soft tips and good backbone.

The razor is one of my favorites, but it contained a Personna blade of unknown provenance. I had found it lying in a drawer, removed from a razor long ago for reasons I can't remember, and installed in this razor awhile back. Can't even remember whether it's US, German, or Israeli. Oh well. It worked all right but was worn out and gave too mild of a shave. I binned it after the shave. Nonetheless, good enough.

Nice approach. I guess you are the only player right now who includes aftershaves. You might end up with "interesting" scent combos.

It's great to have another player participating. Welcome!

I guess you are the only player right now who includes aftershaves.

I'm also including aftershaves. Since I use straights there's no option for both blade and razor. So I designated my 4 digits to be Razor/Soap/Brush/Aftershave. The only caveat is that Tabac soap demands Tabac AS regardless of what was rolled.

I'm also including aftershaves. Since I use straights there's no option for both blade and razor. So I designated my 4 digits to be Razor/Soap/Brush/Aftershave. The only caveat is that Tabac soap demands Tabac AS regardless of what was rolled.
Oh. I was't aware. I have paired Tabac soap with an orange-driven AS recently. Smelled nice. You might give 4711 a try, just for fun.

Nice approach. I guess you are the only player right now who includes aftershaves. You might end up with "interesting" scent combos.

It's great to have another player participating. Welcome!

I will probably end up with interesting scents but that's the fun of it. Living without being forced out of the comfort zone once in awhile gets dull, that's why I had to join. :)

And like @RumpleBearskin I have straights, and there's a Gem which only has one blade option, and also I find that not all of my DE blades play nicely with all of my razors. So I'd rather play mix-and-match with my scents (especially since most of my lathers are not particularly intense) than with edges.

8585 - which means for my Friday's shave:

Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo 28mm
Soap: Haslinger ~ Schafsmilch
Razor: Mühle R41
Blade: Shark Platinum (2)

Looking forward to a close shave...

Last edited:
8585 - which means for my Friday's shave:

Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo 28mm
Soap: Haslinger ~ Schafsmilch
Blade: Shark Platinum (2)

Looking forward to a close shave...

20201126_223140-01.jpeg

The Shark Platinum, being a mid sharp blade imho, provided a good shave in the R41, however there was still a tad of tugging. Stunning results nevertheless (no surprise): three passes and my face is smooth as silk.

8: Giesen&Forsthoff Gentle Shaver
5: Persona
8: The Body Shop synthetic
5: Taylor of old Bond Almond

The razor is very mild as the name says, which I kind of like. Some people say they have problems with the alignment of the blade. Being on side more exposed than the other. Mine is just a tiny bit off. But it does not affect the shave at all.
The Persona Blade is one of the most used blades out there besides the Astra and Feather ifI am not mistakes. You really can’t go wrong with this blade. Especially in this mild razor. I compare itwith the Astra Platinum.
The body shop synthetic, my first brush that I bought back then a few years ago. Hadn’t used it for a while and really noticed the difference between warm water and cold water shave. Much more backbone and much more scratchy. But builds up a really nice lather.
TOBS Almond...... smells so good that I am seriously thinking about getting a spoon and just eat it. Smells like Italian Biscotti. Yummy 😋.
I give this shave a 9 out of 10 because of the brush. Otherwise a nice very close shave.
0EB5C35C-5EA5-44BF-A602-63B0DC2D25C4.jpeg

Kind of wish I had waited for the next number.... that three in the final column wld have been my long-neglected iKon S3S!
Oh well. Had a good 8585 shave this morning with Williams, my smallest synthetic brush, my new Kai shavette, and the wonderful Fatboy set on four for the cleanup. Smooth shave, but I retired the ProGuard after the shave as I think its best days are behind it.
Still, two passes plus a bit of touchup got me to CCS, definitely good enough for a holiday weekend.

Another shave with the Mühle R41...:oops: and another Platinum blade on Saturday.
Really looking forward for the RR Dead Sea scent. I will pair the soap with the matching AS.

8933 is a nice spin.

Brush: Semogue 1800
Soap: Rozorock ~ Dead Sea
Blade: Gillette Platinum

That will be the same razor as today and the same brush. That is the downside of not having enough items to fill the list. But the day will come..... the day will come 😈
8 Giesen&Forsthoff Gentle Shaver
9 The Body Shop synthetic
3 Wilkinson Sword Classic Germany
3 Four Broz Co. Tobacco Blade
And I finish with the aftershave that is on the same number as the soap. So that would be Blue de Chanel.
Happy shaving everyone 🪒

25F115C5-E0A0-469B-9EC7-6B373788533B.jpeg

8 - Speick cream. Obviously that is not Speick.
9 - Fuller 153. I don’t know the actual model number of this 1940s-era brush handle reknotted with a Shave Forge mixed hair knot, but it looks like a Rubberset 153, so that’s what I’m calling it.
3 - Gillette Slim. Set as always at #7 and it has a blue-box PPI Gillette Platinum (4) in it.
3 - Aqua Velva Ice Sport.

I forgot where I put the Speick cream down after yesterday’s shave and had to substitute. I am trying to use up this tube of Erasmic so I grabbed it.

The other items are regular daily drivers, because they give perfect performance every time, and today was no different.

Top Bottom