What's new

My Guess... 3017

Nov 10th.jpg

It's a little hard to see because the sopa is the same color as the mug, but that hole is getting larger. I give it about a week.

The aftershave on the other hand, I held a little bit back today so I could get one more use out of it tomorrow. I could have finished today but just wanted one more use. I think I'm going with Aqua Velva next, though I have a mostly full bottle of Nivea Sensitive Cool, a near new bottle of Krampert's Finest Bay Rum, and a bottle of Henri et Victoria Balm (I traded for it and it smells like a camp fire).
Nov 10.jpg

A little behind on the update but TOBs grapefruit tub went to the increasingly large pile of empties earlier this month. I’ve had some trouble committing to a new soap so have been rotating between some partial tubes, CB, and arko the last week.

TOBs is a good cream, load it heavy and it works great, and if you like the scent of grapefruit, it’s even better.
DA0B627F-7FEA-4E26-85D0-1AFCFBC464BE.jpeg

BebeLush Bay Rum gives decent lathers and decent shaves. The Chubby 2 is positively slaying the soap, and there is only half the tin left. Yay! Because the scent is something I really, really, REALLY don’t enjoy.
My man. Why keep using it if you really, really, REALLY don’t enjoy it? Just curious. I’m not a waster but if it’s something I really don’t like I will either move it along on the BST or bin it.

Looks like one post on this thread is all it look to get me back on track. 2020 has been messed up so decided break out the good stuff to finish the year. My second to last tallow AoS, this one in lemon although it could pass as unscented to my nose.

Looking forward to enjoying this for as long as it lasts.

657FEAC7-71A5-4B91-9689-3B1E717B4265.jpeg

Looks like one post on this thread is all it look to get me back on track. 2020 has been messed up so decided break out the good stuff to finish the year. My second to last tallow AoS, this one in lemon although it could pass as unscented to my nose.

Looking forward to enjoying this for as long as it lasts.

View attachment 1181229

Great choice to finish out the year and into 2021!

I broke through my puck of Tabac on shave #140, but not in the usual way. When I smashed the puck down flat with a fork some time ago, apparently I left an air bubble in the center. That's what broke through. Still plenty of shaves left in the puck.

My man. Why keep using it if you really, really, REALLY don’t enjoy it? Just curious. I’m not a waster but if it’s something I really don’t like I will either move it along on the BST or bin it.

Believe it or not, once I’ve started a product, I have only pitched it once. It was a positively awful brushless cream. I finished all the others. For this one, the actual shaves are functionally decent. I just don’t like the scent. It will be gone soon enough

He's been (virtually) hanging around me too long. I don't throw any shave soap away, no matter how bad. :letterk1:

Now if only my chess game would improve.

We had a good run Cella! Today, as I lathered the last bits in cup I smashed it into, it slipped out and down the drain before I could catch it. I could have gotten another shave, maybe two. I got some great shaves since starting that chunk on September 22ndish. I thought it would last longer, but a container transfer, and then using the same cup that it was in to soak my brushes pre-shave really took a toll on it.

Make no mistake, Cella EEP is a top tier soap no matter the price. If I had to use it for the rest of my days, I would not be wanting in any fashion (other than getting bored with the scent).

Next up 3017 victim, 1 of 2 Barbon cream tubes I own.
Nov 13th.jpg
Nov 13.jpg

Attachments

• November 2.jpg
    November 2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
  • November 12.jpg
    November 12.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 19
One month done with Proraso White. It was soft to start, but now it is softer. I think the second half of the soap may disappear very quickly. I am still using a big Semogue 2000 exclusively. I feel a Portuguese cream on deck. Someone around here mentioned Top Secret...

Top Bottom