What's new

Kent vs Simpson Shaving Brushes

enjoy Both my Kents and Simpsons!
Kents tend to be softer, fluffier, more luxurious, little more loft, more adept to creams.
Simpsons are benchmark 'standard', little more backbone, adept to either soap or cream, come in great range of sizes/styles.
Handles for both are Excellent, IMHO!
Knot/hair quality for both are Excellent, IMHO!
Cannot go wrong with either!!
You are missing quite a few brushes from those collections before they can be considered complete. :D

On a serious note, which size handle of the Kents do you find most comfortable? XL, L, or M?

I have a Kent BK8, a Simpson Chubby 2 in Best, and a Duke 3. I rate them as follows:
  1. Chubby
  2. Kent
  3. Duke 3
The Chubby makes the best lather but Kent feels the best on the face.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 9.02.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 9.02.50 PM.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 8

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I currently have a BK4 and a T2 synthetic. The badger is much softer and splays far more. The T2 builds lather more quickly and copiously and paints it beautifully. They are indeed very different, but I could be very happy with either one as an only brush. I am fine with the Kent handle. Given the price difference I find the T2 to be a terrific deal.

I always found Kent brushes to be floppy. Partly the hair grade, partly the high lofts I think. I prefer Simpsons myself. Much as I loved the outrageous bloom of a BK12, I sold it.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I have a Kent BK8 and it might be the softest tipped, most luxurious face feel available. Some people face lather with it, but I wouldn't. But in the scuttle it quickly builds a ton of lather. it's quite large. I am not in love with the handle. In 6 years I don't think it's lost 2 hairs. But you have to want a big brush that's extremely soft on the face. It has plenty of backbone for bowl lathering, but no where near enough for me to face lather with it.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've had a number of Simpsons', but just the one Kent-made for comparison. The Kent is noticeably softer (I have Simpsons from Pure to Best through Manchurian), but plenty dense and with good backbone ...
IMG_9842.JPG

Top Bottom