What's new

Matters of the Heart - did I make a mistake?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I would have gone with Fig Newtons or maybe Chips Ahoy. Perhaps a reply to inquire if she likes to dip her cookies in coffee or milk?

So, when I was a younger man I would just walk up to a girl and say, "I'm hungry, let's get something to eat." Worked every time.
In my opinion if you are relying on the internet to get a date, I wish you luck. Then again in today's environment back in the States I wouldn't date at all. I don't need false accusations or crazy women drama.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
A friend I knew in grad school drove PT for Greyhound doing all the variations on the NE Corridor route- Boston-NY-Phila-DC. He and several other guys rented a room in NYC where they could catch some shuteye while waiting for another run. One of the other guys who shared this room told me that every time he saw my friend he was with another woman. He finally asked him how he had such luck- "Easy," he said. "I ask every girl I meet to go out with me. If you ask 200 women a day to go out, you're gonna get lucky every single day."

It reads as if you are fed up from her insistent references about cookies.

If you wanted to joke, I assume it takes both persons to be acquainted to get jokes. An out of the blue one from a stranger can easily be misunderstood.
That was my downfall every time till I met my wife, I have a very sarcastic kind of humor and tends to come out at the least appropriate times.

My wife understand and loves my sarcasm and sometimes she has some very dark comebacks to my humor that would make other people cry...we just laugh!

She still urges me to keep it down on public settings...I completely avoid funerals when posible for the same reason.

That was my downfall every time till I met my wife, I have a very sarcastic kind of humor and tends to come out at the least appropriate times.

My wife understand and loves my sarcasm and sometimes she has some very dark comebacks to my humor that would make other people cry...we just laugh!

She still urges me to keep it down on public settings...I completely avoid funerals when posible for the same reason.

My problem too. I have to check the scenario before opening my mouth. My wife is a good counselor in that sense :)

I’d say the chances of a response depend on if she’s north korean or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a nice woman on a dating site and she writes everywhere that she really loves cookies.
I thought about what to write her, and finally wrote her this:

"I am a retailer of North Korean fortune cookies. You just have to try some! PM me for price. Don't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity. Nothing like good old North Korean Fortune Cookies to lift your spirits. Made with gentle care and love in isolated labor camps from the best materials available in Hamgyong and Kangwon provinces, approved by the General People's Committee for Civilian Food and Army Rations, these are treats that will make anyone feel like a kid at Christmas again."

Was this a good idea, in your opinion?

About 50 years ago I read a version of that joke in Mad Magazine.

It was a fortune cookie which read
"Help. I am being held prisoner in a Chinese fortune cookie factory. -- Chiang Kai Shek"

Top Bottom