What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Monday Shave
Pre-shave: Hot washcloth/PAA The Cube
Razor: 1961 Gillette 195
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Brush: PAA Solar Flair
Soap: PAA CaD
Bowl/Mug: Fleamarket find
Post Shave: PAA Mysterium Serum
AS: PAA CaD

Had high hopes for today's shave, but was let down.
THe Astra blade was very underwhelming, given how close yesterday's shave was.
Started on 4, and after the first pass, felt that moving up to 5 would be a good move. While it wasn't a bloodbath, the shave wasn't even a good shave. It was meh. I nicked myself on my throat.
Within an hour, I could feel stubble on my cheeks.
Binned the Astra blade.

Today's shave gets a 7.25
IMG_6143.JPG

Razor: Blackbird SB
Blade: Wizamet super iridium (1)
Brush: Razorock 400
Soap: Signature Soaps Capra
Rating: 10

I was going to try a Personna blade for the first time in years but that’ll have to wait as a shipment of Wizamets turned up today and I couldn’t wait to try them. I found them to be sharp and very, very smooth and had a super close bbs result. I used an alum block post shave and considering the closeness of the shave there was hardly any feedback at all. An extremely close, comfortable and irritation free shave.

Razor: Razorock GC68-P
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword India (1)
Pre-shave: Nivea Sensitive Face Wash
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Haslinger Schafmilch Rasierseife Organic
Aftershave: Dickinson’s Witch Hazel Astringent

No nicks: 5
No irritation: 5
Closeness: 4.75
Smoothness: 4.75

No nicks. No irritation. Very close and pleasant shave.

Prep: Warm Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Parker SRX Shavette
Blade: Gillette 7O'Clock Green Half Blade (D2)
Brush: Omega Pro 49
Cream: Hawkins and Brimble Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Anherb AS Balm
Rating : 9.8 /10
Very very nice BBS in 2.5 passes !!

Τρίτη ...κάτι αλλάζει...πήρα και την επιταγή.

Razor : Blackland Blackbird.
Blade : Personna Lab Blue (2)
Soap : RasoZero / Barbacco...cheap but great! 100% better than Prorasso
Brush : Simpson /S1 Pure Badger

WTG=>XTG=> DFS++ 10.0/10.0

I was visited by A Fine Lunar Sporty Space Brut. Just an easy shave.

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Soap: M. A. Space Soap Fine Lunar Edition
Razor: @Blackland Razors Blackbird Brass OC/SB ; Merkur Eyebrow Mustache Razor
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (3)/Merkur Eyebrow Mustache (No Idea)
AS: Brut Sport Style
EdT: Brut Sport Style

I pressed some soap I scraped out from the tin into the bottom of my @Captain Pre-Capsize Heavy Copper. While I showered I put some hot water into the bowl to bloom the soap. After the shower I dumped the bloom water into the VdH Bowl and added more hot water. I built the lather with my Zenith Boar dipping the tips into the bloom water. As you can see, it came out super rich, thick, and slick.

The Fine Lunar Edition soap has a lot of menthol with a strong Peppermint fragrance. Very enjoyable. I put it on real thick after using the bloom/Lather Building Water as a pre-shave and add more moisture to the beard.

The first two passes were with the OC plate. The third pass was with the SB plate. I hit the eyebrows to keep me looking human. I hit my face with the alum block after the third pass and eyebrow trim. There was some sting, but as some of you already know, I like pain. As I let the alum sit I washed most of my gear and put it in my caddie. After that I rinsed off the alum and used the left over lather to wash my face and hands. Leaving the soap on my face I cleaned out my brush and lather bowl. I then rinsed my face, patted dry, and applied the AS. I know I probably use too much AS, but it's my money, my face, and I like it. It feels great. Hit myself with the EdT, cleaned up my AO, and proceeded to finish preparing for my day.

It was a great shave. I was able to strike up a conversation with a French officer who was two sinks down shaving with Gillette Gel, Gillette Mach 3, and Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS. Apparently he uses more traditional shave soaps and products at home near Paris, but was using stuff he purchased in the PX. Poor guy was very home sick after seeing my set up. God Bless him.
[IMG]

proxy.php

[IMG]

Tue 10th SOTD Testing New Blade!
Soap PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Pro 500 Platinum - Good 1st impression!
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + PAA Cavendish Splash
Excellent soap with awesome scent, creamily thick and slick lather. My no 1!
Shave with razor paired with this new blade was suprisingly good. Sharpish, smooth and comfortable for 3+1passes with a very close most bbs result. The post & especially aftershave was awesome as well. Long lasting sweet pipe scent. Would have been perfect shave except noticed some creepers later. Rating 9.8/10
20201109_205733.jpg

20201110_082227.jpg

Tue 10th SOTD Testing New Blade!
Soap PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Pro 500 Platinum - Good 1st impression!
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + PAA Cavendish Splash
Excellent soap with awesome scent, creamily thick and slick lather. My no 1!
Shave with razor paired with this new blade was suprisingly good. Sharpish, smooth and comfortable for 3+1passes with a very close most bbs result. The post & especially aftershave was awesome as well. Long lasting sweet pipe scent. Would have been perfect shave except noticed some creepers later. Rating 9.8/10
View attachment 1180419
View attachment 1180420
Tell us about that blade.

Razor: Razorock Mamba 70
Blade: Rapira Platinum LUX (3)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic 26mm
Preshave: Hot shower
Lather: Haslinger Schafmilch Rasierseife Organic
Aftershave: Dickinson’s Witch Hazel Astringent

No nicks: 5
No irritation: 5
Closeness: 5
Smoothness: 5

No nicks. No irritation. Very close and smooth shave.

3-pass plus touch ups shave.

Rating: 10/10

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I was visited by A Fine Lunar Sporty Space Brut. Just an easy shave.

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Soap: M. A. Space Soap Fine Lunar Edition
Razor: @Blackland Razors Blackbird Brass OC/SB ; Merkur Eyebrow Mustache Razor
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (3)/Merkur Eyebrow Mustache (No Idea)
AS: Brut Sport Style
EdT: Brut Sport Style

I pressed some soap I scraped out from the tin into the bottom of my @Captain Pre-Capsize Heavy Copper. While I showered I put some hot water into the bowl to bloom the soap. After the shower I dumped the bloom water into the VdH Bowl and added more hot water. I built the lather with my Zenith Boar dipping the tips into the bloom water. As you can see, it came out super rich, thick, and slick.

The Fine Lunar Edition soap has a lot of menthol with a strong Peppermint fragrance. Very enjoyable. I put it on real thick after using the bloom/Lather Building Water as a pre-shave and add more moisture to the beard.

The first two passes were with the OC plate. The third pass was with the SB plate. I hit the eyebrows to keep me looking human. I hit my face with the alum block after the third pass and eyebrow trim. There was some sting, but as some of you already know, I like pain. As I let the alum sit I washed most of my gear and put it in my caddie. After that I rinsed off the alum and used the left over lather to wash my face and hands. Leaving the soap on my face I cleaned out my brush and lather bowl. I then rinsed my face, patted dry, and applied the AS. I know I probably use too much AS, but it's my money, my face, and I like it. It feels great. Hit myself with the EdT, cleaned up my AO, and proceeded to finish preparing for my day.

It was a great shave. I was able to strike up a conversation with a French officer who was two sinks down shaving with Gillette Gel, Gillette Mach 3, and Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS. Apparently he uses more traditional shave soaps and products at home near Paris, but was using stuff he purchased in the PX. Poor guy was very home sick after seeing my set up. God Bless him.
[IMG]

proxy.php

[IMG]
Very nice write up.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum soap
Soap: Goodfellas' Smile Abysso
Brush: WCS Honeycomb Tuxedo Synthetic
Razor: Timeless SS .68 w/Clan Corr handle ; )
Blade: Kai SS (3)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Witch Hazel - Luck Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Colonel Conk Bay Rum (transplanted into a C.O. Bigelow Bay Rum body wash bottle for easier dispensing)

Perfect shave, DFS/BBS. The Timeless runs right up there with the Charcoal Goods and the Karve...my personal Big Dogs! Abysso performance is excellent...love the way this soap paints on after a good bowl buildup. I have a few soaps that I really like the consistency of when I paint it on my face. Of course, dialing it in properly helps. Haven't worn Colonel Conk in a while...smells nice.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Kit 20201110.jpg

Top Bottom