What's new

Blackland Brotherhood - B³

I have owned the Blackland Dart, the Blackland Bird SB, and the Blackland Bird OC. All three are great razors and great shaves. I sold the Bird SB and the Dart and kept the Blackland Bird OC. Initially, with all three razors, I was disappointed that they seemed to be too aggressive. However, I was so satisfied with the closeness of the shave that I continued to work on mastering the proper technique needed for each razor. The difference in feel between the SB and the OC is barely noticeable while the OC is a slightly closer shave. Finally, if you want the best bang for your $ for a super close shave the Dart cannot be beaten in the Blackland DE line.

I have owned the Blackland Dart, the Blackland Bird SB, and the Blackland Bird OC. All three are great razors and great shaves. I sold the Bird SB and the Dart and kept the Blackland Bird OC. Initially, with all three razors, I was disappointed that they seemed to be too aggressive. However, I was so satisfied with the closeness of the shave that I continued to work on mastering the proper technique needed for each razor. The difference in feel between the SB and the OC is barely noticeable while the OC is a slightly closer shave. Finally, if you want the best bang for your $ for a super close shave the Dart cannot be beaten in the Blackland DE line.
If I’m understanding you correctly, due to the aggressiveness of both, the blade feel of the OC isn’t that much more significant. Just a bit more efficient than the SB.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I know it’s a VERY unpopular opinion, but you know what they say...😁

Different razors work for different folks. No worries either way.

I was just curious about it.

The GC84-P is in what I call my Extended Rotation. I think that it's a great value for the money. But, in DE razors, I reach for my Blackbird SB a lot more.

YMMV

I have the Timeless SS and Ti in .95mm OC, and the BB in OC. The Timeless with the .95mm gap has very slight positive blade exposure. On the other hand the BB has less gap (I think somewhere around .58mm), but it feels like a lot more positive blade exposure. The Timeless does feel very smooth do to the blade exposure, but to say the BB feels the opposite (rough) I think is wrong. You do feel the blade but not in a rough way, and it is more efficient than the Timeless.

I really like using both razors, because they feel very different. One thing that I find interesting is I have lost much less blood with the BB than any other razor I own. And I would say that I don't have a heavy or thick beard.

I do want to order the Blackbird solid base when Shane has the polished ones available just to feel the difference. Come on Shane PLEASE?

I have the Timeless SS and Ti in .95mm OC, and the BB in OC. The Timeless with the .95mm gap has very slight positive blade exposure. On the other hand the BB has less gap (I think somewhere around .58mm), but it feels like a lot more positive blade exposure. The Timeless does feel very smooth do to the blade exposure, but to say the BB feels the opposite (rough) I think is wrong. You do feel the blade but not in a rough way, and it is more efficient than the Timeless.

I really like using both razors, because they feel very different. One thing that I find interesting is I have lost much less blood with the BB than any other razor I own. And I would say that I don't have a heavy or thick beard.

I do want to order the Blackbird solid base when Shane has the polished ones available just to feel the difference. Come on Shane PLEASE?
I’m checking daily on availability to pick one up. I’m not very patient when it comes to new razors 😂

I have both the SS and Brass Blackbird with both OC and SB. Let's say I have a good blade that will last 6 shaves. This is how I use my Blackbirds.

Shaves 1 - 3
WTG: OC
XTG/ATG (not quite ATG, but close): SB

Shaves 4-6
WTG/XTG: OC
ATG: SB

Always get a great shave. Please remember, my beard is quite burly.

The SB is plenty for me. I did find the OC slightly smoother but a little less efficient after some use. Weird and obviously ymmv. I ended up selling it. The SB is my most efficient razor and gives me the smoothest shaves of all my razors. If you're really torn between the baseplates, get both. You can always sell the one that doesn't work for a slight loss, or keep both and use them like @BigD does.

I have the SB Blackbird and it is my best looking and performing razor. It shaves very close, but is not aggressive. I can use it everyday with no issues. It also does a great job if I shave less often (2-3 days growth). Wonderful all around. No experience with the OC so I can't help you there.....lots of good info from others though.

I have the Blackbird SB and it is wonderful. Not only is it the best looking razor I have but it is the most efficient as well. I just bought a OC baseplate from another B&Ber but I do not have it yet. I am quite excited to try it out. As some have said already, I have very little to no blood loss with the Blackbird despite its amazing efficiency. Great job Shane!!

Top Bottom