What's new

Treet carbon steel blades

Tried these,and theyre the worst blades i ever shaved woth,worse than derby extra.Just plain uncomfortable,rough and many weepers..i was all bloodied up,and that never happens to me with any other blades or razors.Did one pass with these,and i had like 7,8 weepers,that i neeverrrr get with 99,9 perc of other blades and razors.Very bad quality blade.

I had a similar experience a few years ago, but I don't recall what razor I was using. I almost tossed the whole box in the trash after a terrible first shave. I tried them again in a RR Gamechanger .64 a couple weeks ago and it was surprisingly adequate. About on par with a Derby. I got 5 shaves out of it.

What razor were you using? Try one in a Gillete tech if you have one. Also, they seem to prefer low-angle shaves (cap riding). YMMV.

Tried these,and theyre the worst blades i ever shaved woth,worse than derby extra.Just plain uncomfortable,rough and many weepers..i was all bloodied up,and that never happens to me with any other blades or razors.Did one pass with these,and i had like 7,8 weepers,that i neeverrrr get with 99,9 perc of other blades and razors.Very bad quality blade.

Which Treet carbon blades did you try? They make more than one type.

20201103_102750.jpg

These suck big time.....first pass gave me 7,8 wheepers,and my technique is pretty good,i rarely get any nicks,been shaving with safety razors more than 15 years,and yeah,i tried these in gilette tech ....worst blade ever.

This one felt rough on my face,had 3 days of growth,just terrible,after 1 pass i switched to astra ss,what a difference.

Who on earth can even use these things????

Yep they suck. Super dull and tuggy and it’s nearly impossible to keep them from rusting. The blade is so cool looking though.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
If this is the black beauty, I tried one for the first time a week or so ago and liked it. Used it 3 times. I took it out of the karve in between shaves.

I haven't finished the tuck yet but so far my trials mirror @Rhody. It won't last a week but can give up a few decent shaves. These are referred to as black beauties. The Treet Dura Sharp "yellows' are carbon steel blade too and for whatever reason lasted a week of fine shaves.

In researching Treet blades read the black beauties are favored by barbers. Where I don't know, Pakistan I guess. They are only suppose to run for a day then get swapped out. Haven't been to a barber here in the US for decades but my recollection is they always used either straights or Artist Club type razors. Hunting down good blades is cheap fun. Enjoy it!

Last edited:
I shaved off a few weeks of beard with one of these blades in an R41. It took the beard off, but it wasn't exactly comfortable, especially in the mustache area. I cleaned up with an Ikon Tech using a fresh Treet carbon steel and that was much smoother... because the bulk of the hair was already off. I didn't get any nicks or irritation, but this blade only seems usable if you're a daily shaver.

I tried the blade again today with 1 day of growth, figuring this would give the blade a better chance to shine. I used the same blade, because some of you guys get multiple shaves from these guys. It was a lot more comfortable, and at first I was impressed, but then I noticed all the hair on my neck that was left behind... even in the Ikon Tech. This thing is good for one shave max.

Top Bottom